Kerala PSC LDC Syllabus & Exam Pattern- The Kerala Public Service Commission conducts Lower Division Clerk Exam to hire clerks in various departments of the Kerala Government. The aspirants having a Secondary School Leaving Certificate or Tenth Level Certificate from Kerala State Board or any other recognized educational board with a good knowledge of Malayali can apply for the exam. It is important to be thorough with the syllabus and exam pattern of the KPSC LDC exam. It helps applicant’s to boost their preparation for the exam. There will be an online test of multiple-choice questions. Read the entire article carefully to get detailed information on the syllabus and exam pattern.
Kerala PSC LDC Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The candidates are required to clear the written examination to get selection for Lower Division Clerks in Kerala Government. The written examination consists of 100 multiple choice questions from various topics. Aspirants need to be thorough with the complete syllabus to succeed in the exam. Although KPSC has not released the notification yet for the LDC exam 2022, candidates need to start preparation from now onwards. They can still take a cue from the syllabus and exam pattern. Given below is the detailed topic wise syllabus for the candidate’s reference.
Simple Arithmetic and Mental Ability
Questions in this section will be around numerical problems. The topics for Simple Arithmetic as well as Mental Ability are as follows.
A: Simple Arithmetic
- Numbers and Basic Operations
- Fraction and Decimal Numbers
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Laws of Exponents
B: Mental Ability
- Problems on Mathematical signs
- Positioning Test
- Analogy – Word Analogy, Alphabet Analogy, Number Analogy
- Odd One out
- Coding and Decoding
- Family Relations
- Sense of Direction
- Time and Angles
- Time in a clock and its reflection
- Date and Calendar
- Clerical Ability
Check how to download Kerala PSC LDC Result
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Candidates will have to study topics like Geography, History, and Constitution of India. In addition to this, current affairs topics are also to be covered. The details are as follows.
- Basic Information of Kerala, Historical and Geographical Significance, Social, Economic and Industrial Achievements.
- Geographical features and rivers: Basic information on India’s river basin projects, mineral resources and major industries, development in the field of transport and communication, physical, industrial and cultural development of various States and Union Territories.
- An Overview of History of India with an emphasis on politics, Results and Significance of Social and Cultural Movements with India’s Independence and Foreign Policy, Medieval India, Reasons for India’s First Independence Struggle related Politics and Post-Independence India.
- Five Year Plans of India, Planning, Banking, Insurance Sectors, Central and State Rural Development Plans, Social Activities, Features of the Constitution of India.
- The Human Rights Protection Act 1993, the National Human Rights Commission and Human Rights Issues, the Right to Information Act, the Central and State Right to Information Commissions, the Prevention of Atrocities against Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Act 1989 and 1995, Civil rights protection Act 1955, Crime against women Act and basic knowledge about them, Basic knowledge of cyber laws to prevent crime against women.
- National and international contemporary events in the fields of politics, economics, literature, science, arts and culture, sports, etc.
There will be two major topics in this section- Natural Science and Physical Science. The sub-topics are as follows.
- General knowledge about the human body
- Vitamins and diseases of deficiencies
- Diseases and pathogens
- Health and welfare activities in Kerala
- Major food and crops in Kerala
- Agricultural research centers
- Forests and forest resources
- Environment and environmental issues
- Atom and structure of the atom
- Ores and minerals
- Elements and their classification
- Hydrogen and oxygen
- Chemistry In everyday life
- Matter and mass
- Act and energy
- Energy and its transformation
- Movements and forces in nature
- Solar system and features
- Sound and light
|GPSSB MPHW Recruitment||CUET Latest News and Updates||UPTET Result|
|SBI Channel Manager Recruitment||Odisha Judicial Service Result 2022||CUET PG Admit Card|
This section will test the candidate’s English writing abilities. You will be given marks on the basis of Grammar and vocabulary. Check the details below.
- Interchange of Sentences, Different Types of Sentences
- Different Parts of Speech
- Agreement of Verb and Subject
- Confusion of Adjectives and Adverbs
- Comparison of Adjectives
- Articles and Types – The Definite and Indefinite
- Uses of Primary and Modal Auxiliary Verbs
- Tag Questions
- Infinitive and Gerunds
- Tenses in Conditional Tenses
- Adverbs and Position of adverbs
- The Use of Correlatives
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and Passive voice
- Correction of Sentences
- Singular, Plural, Collective Nouns, Change of Gender
- Use of prefix or suffix, Word Formation from other words
- Compound words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Foreign Words and Phrases
- One Word Substitutions
- Words often confused
- Spelling Test
- Idioms and their Meaning
Malayalam / Tamil Syllabus
For the Grammar and literature of Malayalam/Tamil language, the following topics are important.
- Nouns and Kinds of Nouns
- Words creation from Nouns and Adjectives
- Sandhi & Samasam
- Uses of punctuation marks
- Correction of Sentences
- Right words
- One word substitution
- Meaning of words
- Confused words
- Famous authors in Kerala, their works and Leading Characters
- Pen names and popular names of well-known authors
- Literary Awards and prizes in Kerala
- Books and their authors
- Correct English translation of sentences or phrases.
Read here about the in-hand Kerala PSC Lab Assistant Salary here !
Kerala PSC LDC Exam Pattern
The Kerala Public Service Commission conducts an online exam for recruiting Lower Division Clerks in various departments under Kerala Government. The aspirants need to clear a written exam to get selected as LDC. To ace any exam, you need to get a complete idea about its exam pattern. Given below is the exam pattern based on our previous years understanding.
- There are a total of 100 questions in the written examination of KPSC LDC.
- The questions are multiple-choice in nature.
- One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- There is no negative marking in this examination.
- The total time allotted for completing
- The exam is 1 hour and 15 minutes long.
|Subjects||Total Number of Questions||Total time allotted||Total marks|
|General Knowledge (Regional Language)||10||–||10|
|Simple Arithmetic and Mental Ability||20||–||20|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50||–||50|
|Total||100||1 Hour 15 Minutes||100|
We hope that this article on Kerala PSC LDC Syllabus & Exam Pattern was helpful.
Kerala PSC LDC Syllabus & Exam Pattern FAQs
The subjects are General Knowledge, General English, Simple Arithmetic & Mental Ability, and General Knowledge & Current Affairs
The maximum time will be 1 hour and 15 minutes.
There shall be 100 questions carrying one mark each.
Candidates can read the newspaper daily to be well updated with the Current affairs of Kerala as well as all over India. Moreover, we have also provided the topics for general knowledge and current affairs in our article.
The questions will be Multiple choice type.