Kerala PSC Lab Assistant Syllabus & Exam Pattern- Marking Scheme, Topics, and Books
Kerala PSC Lab Assistant Syllabus & Exam Pattern: The Kerala Public Service Commission conducts recruitment for various posts. For each post, the selection process might vary. There is a written exam that takes place for the post of Lab Assistant. The Commission sets a specific pattern. Read this article to understand the exam pattern. Further, know the topics that appear in the syllabus.
- Kerala PSC Lab Assistant Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- KPSC English Language Syllabus
- KPSC Arithmetic & Mental Ability Syllabus
- KPSC General Awareness, Current Affair & Renaissance
- KPSC Lab Assistant Exam Pattern
- Kerala PSC Lab Assistant Preparation Strategy
- KPSC Books for Preparation
- Kerala PSC Lab Assistant Syllabus & Exam Pattern FAQs
Kerala PSC Lab Assistant Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The Kerala PSC Lab Assistant Online Examination. The online Examination takes place for 100 marks and consists of multiple-choice questions. The following are the sections of the exam.
- English Language
- Arithmetic & Mental Ability
- General Awareness, Current Affairs, and Renaissance
KPSC English Language Syllabus
The following topics are to be covered for the subject of English Language.
- Agreement of Subject and Verb
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and Passive voice
- Sentence Improvement
- Confusing Adjective and Adverb
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- One-word substitutes
- Idiom and Phrases
Know how to download Kerala PSC Lab Assistant Result here
KPSC Arithmetic & Mental Ability Syllabus
To prepare the Arithmetic and Mental Ability section, practice the following topics.
- Simple and Compound interest
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Arithmetic Progression
- Mensuration ( Perimeter, Area, and Volume of geometric shapes)
- Number and Missing series
- Order & Ranking
- Blood Relations
- Direction & Distance
- Calendar and Date
- Clock time (Reflection & angle)
KPSC General Awareness, Current Affair & Renaissance
Study the following topics for the General Awareness section.
- Basic Information on Kerala Historical and geographical significance, Social, Economic, and Industrial Achievement.
- Basic Information on India Historical and Geographical significance, Social, Economic, and Industrial Achievement.
- River and river basin projects.
- Historical and geographical information about different countries.
- Five Year Plans of India Planning, Banking, and Insurance Sector.
- Vitamin and deficiency diseases
- Diseases and pathogens
- Health and Welfare Activities in Kerala
- Major food and agricultural crops of Kerala
- Environment and Environmental issues
- Atoms and Atomic Structure
- Action and Power
- Hydrogen and oxygen
- Sound and light
- Solar System and Features
- National and International Events contemporary events in the field of politics, Economics, Literature, Science, Arts, Culture, Sports, Etc.
- Important Events/ Movements Leaders Brahmananda Swami Sivayogi, Sree Narayana Guru, Pandit Karuppan, Mannathu Padmanabhan, V.T Bhattathiripad, Dr. Palpu, Etc.
Know category-wise Kerala PSC Lab Assistant Cut off here !
KPSC Lab Assistant Exam Pattern
The questions in this exam are objective type. Marks distribution is as follows.
|Number of Questions
|Arithmetic & Mental Ability
|General Awareness, Current Affairs, and Renaissance
|1Hour 15 Minutes
- Every correct answer carries 1 mark.
- There will be a negative marking of ⅓ for every incorrect answer.
Check All Steps to Download Kerala PSC Lab Assistant Answer Key here!
Kerala PSC Lab Assistant Preparation Strategy
- Candidates need to follow newspapers and highlights of the year, stay updated with the news, and score better in the Current Affairs section. Candidates can refer to newspapers for regular updates.
- Read as many books as possible to improve vocabulary in English. This will have candidates score good scores in the English section.
- Read and solve many types of questions in the Quant section and solve them on a daily basis to improve calculation. Which can help in the examination to score more marks.
- Read basic things about Kerala Renaissance and important movements & events.
- More practice will help you manage your time and understand the patterns of questions. Which helps in the examination.
KPSC Books for Preparation
Once you know the Kerala PSC Lab Assistant Syllabus & Exam pattern, you can start collecting the study resources. Here is the list of recommended books that you should refer to for the Kerala PSC Lab Assistant exam. It is advised to buy the latest editions of books.
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-verbal & Analytical
|B.S SijwaliiIndu Sijwali
|Current Affairs & General Knowledge
We hope that this article was informative.
Kerala PSC Lab Assistant Syllabus & Exam Pattern FAQs
The first candidate taking part in an online test. Candidates find a detailed exam pattern in the article.
The maximum marks is 100.
As we see, it is mostly weighted towards General Knowledge. Candidates need to stay updated with current events & read more about Indian History, Geography and also read Kerala Renaissance and also read Science and other General Knowledge topics.
The exam is for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Yes, there will be 1/3rd negative marking for every incorrect response.