E-Challan Chandigarh: Check your E Challan Status and payment steps
E-Challan Chandigarh: Chandigarh is India’s only union territory that serves as the capital of two states: Punjab and Haryana. Despite the fact that both states have different sets of traffic rules and regulations, they have been able to create a unified set of traffic rules for Chandigarh. If you are traveling anywhere in the city and are found to be violating any traffic rules, you will be issued an e-challan in Chandigarh. If you receive a e-challan Chandigarh, you can pay it both offline and online.
- You can check your e challan Chandigarh status through the Parivahan portal or the Chandigarh Traffic Website. (Steps are provided in this article.)
- You can pay the Chandigarh e challan through various online modes or offline.
- You can make online Chandigarh e challan payment by visiting the official website or any other payment portal such as Paytm, phonepe, and so on.
Read more about the steps to check e-challan Chandigarh’s status and the traffic penalty list.
- How to Check Traffic E-Challan Chandigarh Status Online?
- Traffic e-challan Payment Chandigarh Online and Offline?
- Chandigarh traffic fine list 2022
- FAQs on Traffic E-Challan Chandigarh
How to Check Traffic E-Challan Chandigarh Status Online?
Follow the mentioned steps to check the e challan Chandigarh Status online using the Parivahan Portal:
Step 1: Go to the Parivahan portal and select “Check Challan Status” from the homepage.
Step 2: Enter your driver’s license number or vehicle identification number.
Step 3: Following that, all of the information related to the e challan Chandigarh will appear on your device.
Step 4: If no e challan Chandigarh is found, the message ‘Challan not found’ will be displayed.
Check your E-Challan Rajasthan status here!
Traffic e-challan Payment Chandigarh Online and Offline?
You can use various modes to pay your e challan. You can pay the challan using Mobile Applications as well, such as Phonepe, Paytm, etc.
Choose your method to pay your Chandigarh e challan without any delay. Follow the mentioned steps below for your preferred mode to pay e challan fines:
How do I make my E-challan Payment Chandigarh online?
There are two options for paying Chandigarh traffic e-challans online: through the Parivahan website or through the Chandigarh Transport official website.
Using the Parivahan website:
You can also pay your Chandigarh traffic e-challan using the Government of India’s official e-challan website, Parivahan.
- Visit Parivahan e-challan website to pay your e challan online.
- Scroll down and select the ‘Get Challan Details’ option located beneath the ‘Submit’ button.
- Enter the challan, vehicle, or driver’s license number
- Enter the captcha code and click the ‘Get Details’ button.
- From the page’s list of e-challans, select the pending online challans in Chandigarh.
Using the official web portal of the Chandigarh Government:
- Go to the Chandigarh Police Department’s website.
- From the top menu bar, select ‘Online Services’ and then ‘Online Payment of Challan’ from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Online Payment Gateway’ from the ‘Proceed to Online Payment of Postal Challan’ section.
- You will be redirected to the Parivahan official website.
- After that, proceed with the same steps as mentioned above.
How to pay for E-Challan Chandigarh offline?
You have two options for paying the e-challan issued by the Chandigarh traffic police offline:
- Bring your driving license, address and identity proof, and traffic violation challan to any traffic police station in your city. Pay your fine with cash and keep your receipt.
- Locate a traffic cop using a handheld e-challan payment device. Swipe your debit/credit card to make a cashless payment right away.
Chandigarh traffic fine list 2022
The following is the revised list of penalties and fines as implemented by the Chandigarh Traffic Police, upon violation of which a Traffic E-challan Chandigarh will be issued.
|Driving without Driving License/expired License||5000|
|Failure to produce Driving Licence||500|
|An unauthorized person driving the vehicle||5,000|
|Learner driving without displaying L Plates||500|
|Driving without/Expired Registration Certificate (two-Wheelers)||3,000|
|Driving without/Expired Registration Certificate (Other vehicles)||5,000|
|Road Tax not paid||500|
|Driving a transport vehicle without a Fitness Certificate||5,000|
|Driving transport vehicle without Permit||10,000|
|carrying excess passengers||200 per excess passenger|
|Driving without/expired insurance||2,000|
|Failure to report a change of address within the prescribed period||500|
|Violating air pollution standards||2,000|
|Failure to provide passage to emergency vehicles- Fire Service Vehicle/Ambulance||10,000|
|Use of mobile phone while driving||2,000|
|Driver mentally/ physically unfit||500|
|Violation of mandatory road signs||500|
|Disobeying Police Orders||1,000|
|Racing And Trails Of Speed||5,000|
|Driving without helmet||1,000|
|Triple Riding on 2-Wheeler||1,000|
|Driving without seat-belt||1,000|
|Child below 14 Yrs not Secured by safety Belt/Child Restraint System||1,000|
|Offenses by Juvenile||Court|
Thus it is always advisable to be aware of the traffic laws and abide by them. Hope you found this article helpful and get all the information related to the e challan Chandigarh If not then please write to us, and we will get back to you. Read about how to check your e-challan Goa Status online.
FAQs on Traffic E-Challan Chandigarh
Fines for driving without a License in Chandigarh are Rs. 5,000.
Speeding fines in Chandigarh are Rs. 1,000 for light motor vehicles and Rs. 2,000 for heavy motor vehicles.
Yes. On the Parivahan portal, you can pay your traffic e-challan Chandigarh.
Bring all necessary documents to the nearest Chandigarh traffic police station and pay all penalties.
You must carry your driver’s license (DL), registration certificate (RC), pollution under control (PUC), and automobile insurance with you at all times.