Traffic E-Challan Kerala: Know how to check Challan Status and Pay Fines
Kerala has a variety of traffic rules in place to regulate traffic and control violators. If you recently visited Kerala and received an e-challan Kerala, you should pay your fines as soon as possible. Furthermore, making a Kerala e-challan payment is now very simple.
- You can check the status of your e-challan via the Parivahan portal or the Kerala Traffic Website. (The steps are outlined in this article.)
- The UP e challan can be paid online or offline.
- To pay for an e-challan online, visit the official website or any other payment portal such as Paytm, phonepe, and so on.
Continue reading to learn about the various fine rates, your e-challan status, and the steps for making an e-challan payment in Kerala.
- How to Check Traffic E-Challan Kerala Status Online?
- Kerala traffic E-Challan payment Online and Offline?
- Kerala Traffic Fine List 2022
- Traffic E-Challan Kerala FAQs
How to Check Traffic E-Challan Kerala Status Online?
You can pay your e challan using a variety of methods. You can also pay the challan using mobile applications such as Phonepe, Paytm, and others.
Choose your method of payment to pay your Kerala e challan as soon as possible. Follow the steps outlined below for your preferred mode:
|Parivahan portal||Kerala traffic website|
|Step 1: Go to the Parivahan portal and select “Check Challan Status” from the homepage.|
Step 2: Enter your driver’s license number or vehicle identification number.
Step 3: Following that, all of the information related to the e challan Kerala will appear on your device.
Step 4: If there is no e challan Kerala, the message ‘Challan not found’ will be displayed.
|Step 1: Go to the official website of the Kerala traffic police.|
Step 2: Select the “Pay Challan” option.
Step 3: Fill out all of the required information to obtain e-challan details.
Step 4: A new tab will appear with all of your e challan Kerala information.
Step 5: Pay the e-challan in Kerala.
Check your E-Challan Goa status here!
Kerala traffic E-Challan payment Online and Offline?
Continue reading to know about the steps of making e-challan payments in Kerala using your preferred mode of payment.
How do I pay my E-challan Kerala online?
You can pay your e-challan online either through the Parivahan website or through the Kerala Transport official website.
Using the Parivahan website:
You can also pay your Kerala traffic e-challan using the Government of India’s official e-challan website, Parivahan.
- Go to the official Parivahan e-challan website.
- Then, enter your information here, such as a Challan/Vehicle/Driving License number.
- After that, enter the captcha code and press the “Get Details” button.
- To make payment, select a Kerala e-challan from the list displayed.
- Pay the fines, and you will receive a confirmation email after successfully completing the Kerala e challan payment.
Using the official web portal of the Kerala Government:
- Go to the Kerala Police Department’s website.
- Click the “e-challan” button at the top.
- Then, select “Pay Challa” and enter all of your information.
- To make a payment, select the Kerala e challan.
- After that, pay all of your fines and you will receive a confirmation email.
How to pay E-Challan Kerala Offline?
You have the following options for paying an e-challan issued by the Kerala traffic police offline:
- You can pay your fine in cash at the Kerala Traffic Police headquarters if you bring your driving license, address and identity proof, and traffic violation letter.
- An e-challan machine can also be used to locate a Kerala traffic police officer. Give him information about the vehicle, such as the registration number, challan number, and driving license number. After that, make the payment.
- You can also send a demand draft or a check to the Kerala Traffic Police headquarters.
Kerala Traffic Fine List 2022
The following is a revised list of penalties and fines as implemented by the Kerala Traffic Police, for which a traffic E-challan Kerala will be issued upon violation.
|Offense||Penalty (in INR)|
|Driving without a seat belt||1000|
|Triple riding on two-vehicle||1000|
|Driving without helmet||1000|
|Carrying excess luggage||For the first offence:500For repeat offense: 1500|
|Driving without a number plate||For the first offense: 500For repeat offense: 1500|
|Parking in ‘no parking zone||For the first offense: 500For repeat offense: 1500|
|Minor driving vehicle||25000|
|Disobey of traffic signals||For first offence:5000For repeat offense: 10000|
|Dangerous/rash driving||For the first offense: 5000For repeat offense: 10000|
|Using a mobile phone while driving||For the first offense: 5000For repeat offense: 10000|
|Driving vehicle without registration||2000|
|Driving uninsured vehicle||2000|
|Violation of road regulations||1000|
|Over-speeding||For Light motor vehicle (LMV): 1000For Medium passenger goods vehicle: 2000|
|Carrying explosive/inflammable substances||10000|
|Not giving passage to emergency vehicles||10000|
|Driving when mentally or physically unfit to drive||For the first offense: 1000For repeat offense: 2000|
|Racing||For the first offense: 5000For repeat offense: 10000|
|Disqualified person driving a vehicle||10000|
|Driving a vehicle registered in another state for more than 12 months||For the first offense: 500For repeat offense: 1500|
|Failure to intimate change of the address of vehicle owner||For the first offense: 500For repeat offense: 1500|
|Driving without a valid driving license||5000|
|Driving without insurance||2000|
Breaking traffic laws is a punishable offense in Kerala. So follow all of the rules, and if you have an e-challan, make sure to pay the traffic E-challan Kerala on time to avoid any consequences. I hope you found this article on e challan Kerala useful. If you have any questions, please leave a comment and we will respond as soon as possible.
Traffic E-Challan Kerala FAQs
If you do not want to receive an e-challan, make sure you obey all traffic laws and regulations and carry all necessary documentation with you at all times while driving.
In Kerala, speeding fines are Rs. 1000 for a light motor vehicle, and Rs. 2,000 for Medium passenger goods vehicle.
Yes. On the Parivahan portal, you can pay your traffic e-challan Kerala.
Bring all necessary documents to the nearest Kerala traffic police station and pay all penalties.