World Population Day Quiz : Test your Knowledge
World Population Day Quiz: World Population Day is celebrated on July 11, The goal of World Population Day is to increase public awareness of population-related problems worldwide. Since it was first observed on July 11, 1990, the day is acknowledged on July 11 each year. The Governing Council of the United Nations Development Programme established World Population Day in 1989. The public’s fascination with the world reaching five billion people on July 11, 1987, served as the inspiration for the Day.
The purpose of World Population Day is to draw attention to the growing issues that come with an expanding global population. In light of the unsustainable rate at which the world’s resources are being used up, overpopulation is a serious problem. It is essential to know how population growth affects development and the environment. The growing population also highlights the health issues that women experience during pregnancy and childbirth. The goal of World Population Day is to raise public awareness of a variety of population-related issues, including the value of family planning, gender equality, economic hardship, maternal health, and human rights.
Also check Quiz on World Nature Conservation Day
Quiz on World Population Day
World Population Day is a yearly celebration that aims to increase public awareness of issues related to the world’s population. You can check your knowledge of this day by taking the quiz mentioned below, which includes thorough questions and answers. The United Nations Development Program established World Population Day for the first time in 1989. Since then, July 11 has been recognized as World Population Day in all countries. Test your knowledge about this subject by taking this quiz.
Q1. What day is observed as World Population Day?
- 13 July
- 12 July
- 11 June
- 11 July
Ans. 11 July
Q2. In which year was The first World Population Day observed?
Q3. What is the theme of World Population Day 2022?
- The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on fertility
- Awareness about the effects of overpopulation on development and nature
- Rights and Choices are the answer
- A world of 8 billion: Towards a resilient future for all – Harnessing opportunities and ensuring rights and choices for all
Ans. A world of 8 billion: Towards a resilient future for all – Harnessing opportunities and ensuring rights and choices for all
Q4. Which country has the largest population in the world?
Q5. Name the UN group that aims at developing national healthcare strategies and protocols, and increasing access to birth control.
Q6. What is UNFPA?
- United Nations Population Fund
- United Nations Public Fund
- United Nations Provision fund
- United Nations Primary Fund
Ans. United Nations Population Fund
Q7. Why do we celebrate World Population Day?
- To raise awareness among people about population issues.
- To raise awareness about Gender Equality
- To raise awareness about maternal health
- All of the above
Ans. All of the Above
Q8. Who founded World Population day?
- Council of the United Nations Development Programme
- United nations educational, scientific and cultural organization
- The United Nations Assembly
- None of the above
Ans. Council of the United Nations Development Programme
Q9. Which one of the following methods can be used to control population growth?
- Increase in immigration
- Increase in birth rates
- Empowering Women
- Underutilized Contraception
Ans. Empowering Women
Q10. Which one of the following is most likely to be impacted by population growth?
- Amount of agricultural land
- Number of Clean Water Sources
- Number of unemployed people
- All of the Above
Ans. All of the above