UPSC NDA Syllabus and Exam Pattern | Get All The Major Details
UPSC NDA Syllabus and Exam Pattern: Candidates should begin studying for the UPSC NDA exams as soon as possible because the selection process will consist of two phases. Written test and Service Selection Board exam are both required. Both phases are divided further into two stages. The marks, subjects, and exams that will be administered throughout the selection stages will be separated. Candidates can organise their study schedules suitably with the support of this article and may also discover subjects that will be covered in the exams in this post, which will aid them in creating a study strategy.
UPSC NDA Exam Pattern
The UPSC NDA Examination has two stages included in the recruitment process which are the written test and the SSB Round. The entire selection procedure is for a total of 1800 marks. Both stages are worth 900 marks each, and the ultimate selection will be determined by how well you perform in each of them. Check out the exam pattern given below.
Exam Pattern for Written Test
|2||General Ability Test||600||150 minutes|
- On every incorrect answer, there is a deduction of ⅓ marks.
- All the questions will be objective-based.
- The question paper will be set in two languages which are English and Hindi.
- Scribes aren’t allowed in the examination hall.
Exam Pattern for SSB Round
After passing the written examination, a candidate is eligible for the second and final stage of the recruiting process, the SSB Interview Round. A candidate will go through two phases in this examination: stage one will be a screening test, and stage two will feature the Selection Board assessing Interview skills, Psychological round, and Group Performance. This exam will be worth 900 marks.
|2||Group Testing Officers Task|
UPSC NDA Syllabus
It is essential for the candidates to have an understanding of the syllabus of the NDA Examination to excel in the selection process. Check out the detailed syllabus for both Written Test & SSB round given below.
Syllabus for Written Test
The written examination consists of two parts: mathematics and a general aptitude test. Candidates can always resort to NCERT books for levels 10, 11, or 12. Check out the detailed syllabus given below.
|1||Mathematics||AlgebraMatrices & DeterminantsTrignometryGeometry 2DCalculusVector AlgebraStatistics|
|2||General Knowledge||Current AffairsChemistryHistoryPhysicsGeographyGeneral Science|
Syllabus for SSB Round
Check out the detailed syllabus for this round which is given below.
|Stages||Tests||Types of Tests|
|1||Screening Test||Verbal and Non-VerbalPPDT|
|2||Psychological Test||Thematic Apperception Test (TAT)Word Association TestSituation Reaction TestSelf Description Test|
|2||Group Testing Officer Tests||Group DiscussionGroup Planning ExerciseProgressive Group TaskHalf Group TaskIndividual Obstacle TestCommandSnake RaceIndividual LectureFinal Group Task|
UPSC NDA Marking Scheme
- In the Mathematics part, there will be 120 questions for 300 marks.
- 0.33 points will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The general ability test will be worth 600 marks, with English worth 200 marks and General Knowledge of 400 marks
- This section will have 150 questions, 50 from English and 100 from General Knowledge.
- 0.33 points will be deducted for each wrong answer. Unanswered questions will result in a failing mark.
Important Guidelines for UPSC NDA Examination
- In the examinations, do not use the calculator to perform calculations.
- The use of mobile phones is absolutely forbidden.
- You can bring a clipboard to store the document in the exam room.
- For all calculations, a rough sheet will be given.
- Write your answers with a blue and black ballpen.
- There will be no chits or books to carry. Cheating will result in the candidate’s disqualification.
Check out other major recruitment details on our page now!
|India Post Circle GDS Recruitment||HPPWD Multi-Task Worker Recruitment||Punjab State Cooperative Bank Recruitment|
|RPSC School Lecturer Recruitment||HP Patwari Recruitment||TSLPRB Police Recruitment|
UPSC NDA Syllabus and Exam Pattern – FAQs
Yes, there is a deduction of 0.33 marks for every wrong answer.
Candidates must have a thorough knowledge of the syllabus and exam pattern, get the books on the subjects and stick to a daily schedule to prepare confidently for the examination.
The question paper will be set in two languages that are English and Hindi.
Candidates must score 25% to qualify for the examination.
The duration of the written exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.