India Post GDS Recruitment 2022- Check Vacancies, Eligibility, and More!
India Post GDS Recruitment 2022 Notification is out! The India Post conducts a recruitment drive for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) across the Indian States. Candidates who have passed the 10th standard and possess basic knowledge computer along with proficiency in the local language can apply for the post. The India Post GDS RecruitmentNotification 2022 has been released by the body on its official website. The notification has specified all the important details of the recruitment such as the selection criteria, eligibility, application process, and more!
Candidates must note that the application process commences from 2nd May 2022 to 5th June 2022. We have compiled this article to provide you with all the necessary information pertaining to the India Post GDS Recruitment 2022. So, continue reading this article!
- India Post GDS Recruitment 2022- General Overview
- India Post GDS Recruitment 2022: Vacancy
- Steps to Apply for India Post GDS Recruitment 2022
- India Post GDS Recruitment 2022: Selection Process
- India Post GDS Recruitment 2022: Eligibility Criteria
- India Post GDS Recruitment 2022: Salary
- India Post GDS Recruitment 2022: Merit List
- India Post GDS Recruitment 2022: FAQs
India Post GDS Recruitment 2022- General Overview
Before we dive deeper, here’s a glance at all the important events and dates-
|Name of Organization||India Post|
|Post Name||Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)|
|Notification Release Date||2nd May 2022|
|Application Start Date||2nd May 2022|
|Last Date to Apply||5th June 2022|
|Selection Process||Based on Merit listDocument Verification|
|Result Date||To Be Announced|
India Post GDS Recruitment 2022: Vacancy
The India Post has released a total of 38,926 vacancies for the post of Gramin Dak Sevak across the Indian States. Candidates can take note of the state-wise vacancies is mentioned below –
|Jammu & Kashmir||465|
Steps to Apply for India Post GDS Recruitment 2022
The application process for the Recruitment starts on 2nd May 2022, whereas the last date to apply is5th June 2022. To avoid late fees, candidates are advised to submit the form within the deadline window provided above. We have compiled the steps to apply online, so as to provide you with a hassle-free experience-
Step 1: Visit the official website of the India Post.
Step 2: Click on the “New Registration” appearing on the left side of the dashboard
Step 3: Fill in the necessary details like name, father’s name, mobile number, email ID, etc, and upload the scanned signature and passport size photograph. Click on submit
Step 4: For the verification, an OTP will be sent to your registered email address.
Step 5: Once the verification is completed, a registration number will be generated log in with the username and password.
Step 6: Now fill in the mandatory details of the application form
Step 7:Attach the necessary documents like category certificate, class 10th mark sheet, an undertaking that declaring that he/she has adequate knowledge to operate computer Desktop/laptop/POS/mobile, etc. to work on the Departmental software,
Step 8: Before submitting, verify all the details and make necessary changes if required.
Step 9: Once you verify complete details, click on the submit button
Step 10: The payment gateway page will appear now. Pay the required application fees amount and click on the submit button.
Step 11: Once the payment is completed, the Application form will be generated
Step 12: Download and print the application form for ready reference.
India Post GDS Recruitment 2022: Application Fee
Candidates are required to pay the application fees, before submitting their application form. The fees once paid are nonrefundable, and can be paid through online modes such as Credit/Debit cards and Net Banking facility/ UPI. Here is the amount payable as per the category of the candidates –
|Female candidates, SC/ST candidates, PwD candidates, and Transwomen candidates||Nil|
India Post GDS Recruitment 2022: Selection Process
The selection process is divided into the following stages, provided that the candidates fulfill the eligibility criteria –
- Based on System generated merit list – Selection will be made based on the merit position of the candidate and the preference of posts submitted.
- Document Verification – Notice for document verification will be sent only to the most suitable candidate for the post based on merit and preference submitted.
- No weightage will be given to higher educational qualifications.
- Only marks obtained in the 10th standard of recognized Boards will be aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals as the criteria for finalizing the selection.
- Passing in all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory.
India Post GDS Recruitment 2022: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the recruitment are well defined in the official notification. The eligibility criteria are defined in the terms of the minimum educational qualification, age, and nationality. The following are the eligibility criteria details-
The age limit for applying for the post as on the last date of submission of application as per the notification is as follows –
- Minimum age 18 years
- Maximum Age 40 years.
The category wise age relaxation is as follows –
|Category||Relaxation in Upper Age Limit (Years)|
|Schedule Cast/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC||13|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST||15|
Minimum Educational Qualification
In order to apply for the post, the candidates must possess the following minimum educational qualifications-
- Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard having passed in Mathematics and English conducted by any recognized Board of School Education in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of GDS.
In order to apply for the post, the candidates must fulfill the following additional criteria-
- Compulsory knowledge of Local Language The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to the 10th standard, as compulsory or elective subjects.
- Knowledge of Cycling – It is a pre-requisite condition for all GDS posts. In case of a candidate has knowledge of riding a scooter or motorcycle, that may be considered as knowledge of cycling.
- Basic Knowledge of Computer – The candidates must have basic knowledge of the computer so as to be able to work on the software.
India Post GDS Recruitment 2022: Salary
Knowing the salary is important before you apply for any recruitment. The salary of India Post Circle GDS is government by the Level 1 of the TRCA Slab
|Post||Minimum TRCA for 4 Hours/Level 1 in TRCA Slab|
India Post GDS Recruitment 2022: Merit List
As mentioned earlier, final selection will be made in order of merit on the basis of marks obtained by a candidate in the 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection. Selection will be made as per the system-generated merit list based on the merit position of the candidate and the preference of posts submitted.
The selected candidates will be sent the notice for document verification for the post based on merit and preference submitted. If the verification is successful, provisional engagement order will be given
We hope that you found our article informative and helpful. We recommend you keep an eye on this space for any further updates about the recruitment. Till then good luck!
|SSC MTS Havaldar Application Form Correction Window||Famous Monuments of North India|
|CUET Official Website||HPSSSB JOA IT Result|
India Post GDS Recruitment 2022: FAQs
Candidates can apply latest by the 5th of June 2022
Candidates must be within the age limit of 18 to 40 years as of the last date of the submission of the application.
There are 38,926 vacancies released.
The salary for BPM is Rs12,000 and for ABPM/DakSevak is Rs15,000.
The selection process will be made as per the system-generated merit list based on the merit position of the candidate and the preference of posts submitted, followed by a document verification round.