UPSC NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022 | Get All The Major Details
UPSC NDA Eligibility Criteria: The UPSC NDA II Notification for the year 2022 has been announced by the UPSC. For the 150th Course, as well as the 112th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC), a total of 400 openings have been announced for admission to the Army, Navy, and Air Force wings of the NDA. The deadline for applications is June 7, 2022. Candidates who want to pass the exam should be aware of the core aspects such as eligibility criteria.
To be selected for the National Defence Academy and the Indian Naval Academy, candidates must meet the eligibility standards. Nationality, NDA age limit, marital status, and other factors are included in the qualifying requirements. Additionally, only men are eligible to apply for this position.
- UPSC NDA Educational Qualifications
- UPSC NDA Age Limit
- UPSC NDA Marital Status
- UPSC NDA Nationality
- UPSC NDA Physical Standard
- Guidelines for candidates with tattoos
- UPSC NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022 – FAQs
UPSC NDA Educational Qualifications
For the Army Wing of the National Defence Academy
- A 12th Class pass in the 10+2 School Education pattern or an equivalent examination held by a State Education Board or a University.
- 12th Class pass in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from the 10+2 School Education pattern or equivalent from a State Education Board or a University.
- Candidates who are in the 12th grade under the 10+2 school education pattern or an equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
NOTE: Candidates appearing in the 11th class exam are not eligible for this examination.
NOTE: Those candidates, who have failed CPSS/PABT earlier, are now eligible for Air Force in Ground Duty branches if they fill their willingness in the Online Application Form available on the Commission’s website.
UPSC NDA Age Limit
The candidate must have been born in the following criteria given.
- On or before January 2, 2004
- Not later than 1st January 2007
UPSC NDA Marital Status
The applicant must be an unmarried candidate for the UPSC NDA recruitment. Candidates must agree not to marry until they have completed their whole training. An applicant who marries after the date of his application, even if he is successful in this or any later Examination, will not be chosen for training. A candidate who marries while in training will be dismissed and must compensate the government for all expenses paid on his behalf.
UPSC NDA Nationality
The candidate must fall into one of the four categories listed below. Applicants must present formal proof of their nationality in the form of a valid document issued by the Indian government. If you fail to do so, the candidate will be disqualified since he does not meet the criteria.
A candidate must be an unmarried male or female who is either:
(i) Indian citizen,
(ii) a Nepalese subject,
(iii) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, and East African countries such as Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
A candidate falling into categories (ii) and (iii) above must be a person in whose favour the Government of India has issued a certificate of eligibility.
Candidates who are Nepalese Gorkha subjects, on the other hand, would not need a certificate of eligibility.
UPSC NDA Physical Standard
Those interested in applying for this position should be physically fit. Physical requirements are part of the UPSC NDA qualifying criterion, and candidates must pass a medical test. Candidates’ applications would be rejected if they are not found to be in good health or physically/medically fit as per the UPSC NDA guidelines.
Check UPSC NDA Physical Standard Requirements here.
Candidates for the NDA must be free of any of the mild illnesses listed below.
- Undersized chest
- Ear wax
- Deviated Nasal Septum
Guidelines for candidates with tattoos
- Any permanent body tattoos must be visible exclusively on the inside of the candidates’ forearms.
- Under no circumstances does UPSC permit tattoos on the inside of the elbow to the wrist, or on the opposite side of the palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand.
- Permanent tattoos on any other region of the body are likewise not authorised.
- If an applicant belongs to a tribe where tattoos are common, permission will be given based on the customs involved.
UPSC NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022 – FAQs
Candidates must have completed their 10+2 education from any recognized board in India.
No, there is no limit in applying for the UPSC NDA as long as the candidate is abiding by the eligibility criteria.
Yes, age relaxations are provided to candidates who belong to the reserved category.
The last date to apply for the UPSC NDA Recruitment is 7 June 2022.
Candidates should be unmarried while applying for the recruitment and should remain so until the entire training period is completed.