Tomato Flu or Tomato Fever – Outbreak of a New Virus In Kollam District, Kerala!
“Tomato flu” reported in Kerala: The outbreak of a new virus comes into the highlight in Kerala after a young girl lost her life. The girl died after eating Shawarma wrap from an eatery outlet in Kasaragod, Kerala, after contracting a bacterium mainly known as Shigella. In this article, we are going to discuss all the information related to the Tomato Flu. You will also know about the common symptoms, treatments, and some precautions that you can follow to prevent your children from this virus.
You can also check out Khelo India Youth Games Mascot 2022
What is Tomato Flu?
Tomato fever is an unexplained virus currently detected in Kerala state only. The fever is mainly found in children below five years of age. Furthermore, it is also unknown if the condition is caused by a viral fever or if the fever is a side effect of chikungunya or dengue virus infection.
The Tomato Flu is mainly seen in the cities of Kollam, Anchal, Aryankavu, and Neduvathur which are all located in the Indian state of Kerala. Anganwadi is providing some facilities too as a preventative step, and officials have initiated awareness campaigns in small areas in the cities of Kerala to raise awareness.
You can also check the article Padma Awards Nomination 2023.
Tomato Flu Symptoms
The Tomato Fever or Tomato Flu shows some symptoms related to the Chikungunya, such as high fever, joint swelling, and body ache. However, infected children are showing some other signs that are mentioned below:
- Rashes (particularly the size of tomatoes)
- Skin Irritation
- Blisters appear on various body parts
- Irritation in the mouth of children due to the medication
- Extreme Fatigue
According to the study, on average 80 children got infected by this virus in the Kollam district of Kerala. This disease becomes a mysterious disease as the exact cause of this disease is not yet known and health officials of Kerala are still investigating the main causes of Tomato fever or Tomato flu.
Check out the list of Pulitzer Prize 2022 Winners
Tomato Flu Preventive Measures
It is also stated that Tomato flu is a contagious disease. If anyone suffering from this disease has to be isolated, as like other viruses this could spread rapidly from one person to another. However, there are some preventive measures that can be taken to get precautions against Tomato Fever.
- If you see any kind of signs mentioned above in your child’s body, you should take him to a doctor immediately.
- Parents have to make sure that their children do not scrape or rub the rashes on their bodies.
- It is also important for the parents to keep their child and those around them clean is very important for their health and well-being.
- Patients suffering from Tomato Flu should be isolated from people, as it can spread from person to person. Parents too should keep a proper distance between them and their children.
- It is recommended that children who are infected with Tomato Fever should drink plenty of water to keep them hydrated.
- It is also recommended that it is essential to get enough rest throughout and after the healing period.
Check out the other trending topics from the below table:
|International Red Cross Day||List of new Cabinet Ministers of India|
|Rivers Names A to Z in India||Famous Monuments of North India|
|Famous Monuments of South India||Famous Monuments of Eastern India|
We hope you must have got all the important information related to the Tomato Flu or Tomato Fever. In any case, if you have any questions or concerns about this virus, you can directly connect with us. We would be happy to assist you and help you to keep your children safe from this disease.