SSC CHSL Exam 2022: Get Apply Online Details Here!
SSC CHSL Exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission to select Higher Secondary qualified students for various departments and offices of the government. It is a combined competition exam for recruitment into various posts. The full form of CHSL is the Combined Higher Secondary Level. For recruitment into these posts, SSC chooses and suggests candidates through a three-stage process. The stages are Computer-based Test, Descriptive Paper, Skill Test, or a Typing Test.
The posts for which this SSC CHSL is conducted are-
- Posting Assistants/Sorting Assistants (PA/SA)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)
- Court Clerk
- SSC CHSL Recruitment Vacancy
- SSC CHSL Recruitment Selection Process
- How to Apply for the SSC CHSL Exam?
- SSC CHSL Exam Eligibility
- SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
- SSC CHSL Exam FAQs
Download SSC CHSL Exam as PDF
SSC CHSL Recruitment Vacancy
A total number of 4726 vacancies were released for recruitment for 2021. Below are the category-wise vacancy details. You can expect more than 4726 vacancies for this year too.
Get details of SSC CGL as well
SSC CHSL Recruitment Selection Process
To get selected for a post, you are required to clear all three stages of the SSC CHSL Selection Process. These 3 stages are
- Objective Test: four subjects consisting of 25 questions that need to be completed in 60 minutes.
- Descriptive Test: 2 questions on Letter and Essay Writing each need to complete within 60 minutes
- Skill Test or Typing Test
How to Apply for the SSC CHSL Exam?
To apply for the SSC CHSL Exam, follow the steps stated here.
Step 1: Go to the official website of Staff Service Commission.
Step 2: Click on the link to apply online for SSC CHSL Recruitment.
Step 3: Click on the Register Here menu
Step 4: Provide your basic details and attach a photo and signature of yourself
Step 5: You are registered. Log in again by using the Roll no/Registration ID and Password to fill the form.
Step 6: Enter your details such as personal information, educational qualifications, and other details.
Step 7: Pay the applicable fees and Submit the Application.
Step 8: Take a printout of the fee receipt and the SSC CHSL application form.
Get RBI Assistant Notification details here.
SSC CHSL Recruitment Application Fee
Get details of the Application Fee from the SSC CHSL here.
|Male (General/OBC)||₹ 100|
|Female (All Category)||No Fee|
SSC CHSL Exam Eligibility
The following are the eligibility requirements as per the SSC CHSL notification 2021. The candidate must possess the prescribed qualification, and age as of date mentioned in notification.
A candidate must be either:
a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st of January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
2. SSC CHSL Age Limit:
The age limit for the posts is 18-27 years with relaxation in the upper age limit for different categories are as below:
|Code No.||Category||Permissible age relaxation beyond the upper age limit|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||Persons with Disabilities (PwD-Unreserved)||10 years|
|04||PwD + OBC||13 years|
|05||PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|06||Ex-Servicemen||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
|07||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||5 years|
|08||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||3 years|
|09||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST).||8 years|
|10||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.||Up to 40 years of age|
|11||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ ST).||Up to 45 years of age|
|12||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age|
|13||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST).||Up to 40 years of age|
3. Educational Qualification
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO: Must have passed the 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): Must have passed the 12th Standard in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
Check details of the BSSC CGL Exam .
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
The candidates can refer to the SSC CHSL exam pattern to know details of the exam such as the number of questions, weightage for each section, and know any negative marking if applicable. Below is the detailed exam pattern for the SSC CHSL examination.
Tier-I Exam Pattern (Computer Based Examination):
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|4||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
- For each wrong answer, there will be a deduction of ½.
Tier-II Exam Pattern (Descriptive Paper):
|Section||Subject||No of Questions|
- The minimum qualifying marks in this stage would be 33 per cent.
- The Descriptive Paper is of ‘Pen and Paper’ Mode.
- The duration of the Tier II as per the notification is one hour.
Tier-III Exam Pattern (Skill Test/ Typing Test)
Data Entry Speed- 8,000 (Eight Thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer. The duration of the Test will be 15 minutes.
Typing Test- Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute (w.p.m.) and those opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute (w.p.m.)
We hope you found this article on SSC CHSL Recruitment informative and helpful and please do not hesitate to contact us with any doubts.
SSC CHSL Exam FAQs
The age limit as per SSC notification is 18 to 27 Years.
The applicants will go through a Objective Multiple Choice test, Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi, Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test to get selected for this SSC CHSL exam.
The Paper would contain an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words.
The interested candidates can submit online applications through SSC’s official website.
Applicants must have passed the 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University as per SSC CHSL notification.