Quiz on world heart day: Every year on September 29th, World Heart Day is observed. The day is observed to raise awareness about cardiovascular disease, which accounts for nearly half of all noncommunicable diseases worldwide. Test your knowledge of World Heart Day by taking the quiz provided in this article. The World Heart Federation discovered that heart disease is the leading cause of death worldwide. Every year, it kills 17.1 million people, which is more than cancer, HIV, AIDS, and malaria combined. World Heart Day was established by the World Heart Federation. Additionally, the World Heart Day Quiz will help you improve your knowledge.
Check World Heart Day Speech
Continue reading to take the World Heart Day quiz and learn something new.
Quiz on World Heart Day
Check out all the World Heart Day 2022 QUIZ questions with answers to prepare yourself for the World Heart Day Quiz:
1. How many times does a person’s heart beat in their lifetime?
- 2 billion times
- 2 and half billion times
- 2 million times
Check out the Gandhi Jayanti Quiz here!
Ans: 2 and half billion times
2. The human heart is approximately the size of
- A fist
- A lemon
- A cricket ball
3. Name one of the following heart functions.
- Pump blood to the body organs
- “Emotional thinking”
- Exchange oxygen
Ans: Pump blood to the body organs
4. A thin sac that surrounds the sac is referred to as
5. The Oxygenated blood is transported to the body’s organs by the
- Arteries and Nerves
6. The stethoscope-detected ‘lub’ ‘dub’ sound is the sound of the
- Blood rushing through the heart
- Valves closing
- Electric impulses from the SA nod
- None of the above
Ans: Valves Closing
7. What exactly is LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein)?
- Good cholesterol
- Bad cholesterol
Ans: Bad cholesterol
8. The condition in which the arteries harden and thicken is known as
9. Is cardiovascular disease the leading cause of death worldwide?
10. The first heart transplant was performed by
- Christiaan Barnard
- Thomas E. Starzl
- Joel Cooper
Ans: Christiaan Barnard
11. A heart attack is caused by a clogged artery in the heart. It causes a ______________ in the brain.
- Mental illness
Related: Padma Awards Quiz.
12. What percentage of global deaths are caused by Cardiovascular Diseases (CVDs), according to the World Heart Federation?
13. According to a Circulation Research article, what day of the week are you most likely to have a heart attack?
14. In which country was a new sugar tax implemented in April 2017?
- United Kingdom
- South Africa
Ans: South Africa
15. What is considered a non-modifiable risk factor for CVDs?
- Family history
- Physical inactivity
Ans: Family History
Hope you found this article on the Quiz on World Heart Day useful.
Quiz on World Heart Day FAQs
The World Heart Federation established World Heart Day to educate people around the world that CVD, including heart disease and stroke, is the leading cause of death in the world, claiming 18.6 million lives each year, and to highlight the actions that individuals can take to prevent and control CVD.
Antoni Bayés de Luna, WHF president from 1997 to 1999, conceived of this annual event.
The theme of World Health Day 2022 is “Our Planet, Our Health.”
No, it was observed prior to 2010 on the last Sunday of September. However, as of 2011, it is celebrated on September 29.
Every year on September 29th, India World celebrates Heart Day. It is celebrated to raise awareness about the importance of heart health.