The PSSSB (Punjab Subordinate Services Selection Board) has released 1200 vacancies for Clerk and Legal Clerk posts. Candidates who are preparing to get the Clerk and Legal Clerk have to understand the exam pattern and syllabus of the exam. Knowing the PSSSB Clerk syllabus helps the candidates to plan their preparation accordingly. To help you prepare for the exam, we are going to cover the detailed PSSSB Clerk Syllabus in this article. Read this article carefully to know about the PSSSB Clerk Syllabus and Exam Pattern in detail.
- PSSSB Clerk exam is conducted for 100 questions.
- The pay scale of the PSSSB Clerk is Rs. 19900/- to Rs. 63200/-.
- The application process for the PSSSB Clerk Recruitment will start on 15th May 2022.
|Organization Name||Punjab Subordinate Service Selection Board|
|Total Vacancies||1200 (Clerk: 917, Legal Clerk: 283)|
|Application Start Date||15th May 2022|
|Last Date to Apply||To be announced|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
|Admit Card Date||To be announced|
|Result Date||To be announced|
Download the PSSSB Clerk Recruitment 2022 Notification PDF!
PSSSB Clerk Syllabus
The PSSSB Clerk exam will be conducted in two stages: Written exam and Typing test. Candidates can check the detailed syllabus for the PSSSB Clerk exam from the information provided in the below table:
|General Knowledge||Famous Books & AuthorsEnvironment issuesHistory of Punjab & IndiaCurrent Events – National, International, and RegionalGeography of India & PunjabHonors and AwardsIndian PolityScience – Discoveries & InventionsIndian EconomyImportant Days and EventsNational & International OrganizationsScience and TechnologyIndian National MovementIndian ConstitutionImportant AbbreviationsGames & SportsCurrency & Capitals, etc.|
|General English||Subject-Verb AgreementVerb & Tenses Sentence ImprovementError correctionFill in the BlanksReading ComprehensionSentence RearrangementSynonyms & AntonymsPhrases & IdiomsGrammar & VocabularyAdjectives and AdverbsArticlesUnseen Passages|
|Arithmetic||Time, Speed, and DistanceData InterpretationNumber SystemsAverage & PercentageRatio and ProportionLCM & HCFProblems on TrainsPipes and CisternsProfit & LossSimple Interest & Compound InterestBoats and StreamsTime and Work, etc.|
|Mental Ability||Relationship conceptsArithmetical ReasoningConcepts of RelationshipArithmetic Number SeriesVisual MemoryAnalogyCoding-Decoding, etc.|
|Punjabi Language||Grammar & VocabularyUnseen PassagesUsage of WordsVerbal AbilityComprehension|
|Information/Computer Technology||Basics of ComputerMS ExcelWord ProcessingMS PowerPointCommunicationInternet BasicsM.S officeSoftware or Hardware & MemoryNetworkingDBMS (Database)|
|Agriculture||ConservationAgriculture ManagementFarmingAgricultural Education & ResearchAgro-industry SectorAgricultural Business, etc.|
Check out the RSMSSB Lab Assistant Syllabus and Exam Pattern here!
Exam Pattern for PSSSB Clerk Writing Exam
Candidates applying for the PSSSB Clerk Exam can check the exam pattern from the below table:
|Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Punjab History and culture||05||05|
- The time duration for the PSSSB Clerk exam is 120 minutes.
- In the PSSSB Clerk examination, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- For each correct answer in the examination, you will get 1 mark.
- There will be two mediums of language in the examination: English and Punjabi.
Check out the UPSSSC Supply Inspector Syllabus and Exam Pattern in the linked article!
Exam Pattern for PSSSB Clerk Typing Test
The typing test is the second stage of PSSSB Clerk Recruitment. The details related to the exam pattern of the typing test are provided in the following points:
- The exam will be conducted in both Punjabi and English language.
- The duration of the exam will be 10 min each.
- The result of the typing test will be declared immediately.
- There will be a time gap of 5 minutes between both the typing tests.
- The total typing speed required for the test should be 30 wpm.
PSSSB Clerk Recruitment 2022 – Preparation Strategy
Applicants must have a proper preparation strategy that they can follow and get a good score in the examination. Some of the important preparation tips for the Clerk exam are as follows:
- Candidates have to first go through the selection process of the PSSSB Clerk Recruitment 2022.
- The most important step during the preparation for the exam is that the candidates have to go through the syllabus and exam pattern first. It will help them to get an overview of the examination.
- It is also important for the candidates to attempt live test series or previous years’ papers to analyze their strengths and weaknesses. They can improve their preparation as well.
- Daily quizzes also help the candidates to check their scores. They will be able to identify where they need to practice more and can plan their preparation accordingly.
Recommended Books for PSSSB Clerk Exam Preparation
Below are some recommended books that you can follow to improve your preparation for the exam:
|Subject||Book Name||Author/Publisher Name|
|General English||Objective General English||S.Chand Publishing/RS Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal|
|Mental Ability||Multi-Dimensional Reasoning||DR Lal Mishra And Kumar|
|General Awareness||General Knowledge 2023||Arihant|
|Arithmetic||Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Arihant Publications: Fourth edition/Rajesh Verma|
|Punjabi Language||Colloquial Punjabi: A Complete Language Course||Manghat Bhardwaj|
We hope that this article has provided you with all the important information related to the PSSSB Clerk Syllabus. If you have any questions or concerns related to the PSSSB Clerk syllabus, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help you in each phase of your exam preparation.
PSSSB Clerk Syllabus 2022 – FAQs
The exam date of the PSSSB Clerk Recruitment is yet to be announced.
The application process for the PSSSB Clerk will start on 15th May 2022.
The total number of questions asked in the examination is 100.
The exam will be held for 120 minutes.
For each correct answer, the candidate will receive 1 mark and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.