PSPCL Recruitment 2022: Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd. is a state-owned power generation and distribution company in Punjab. PSPCL recruits for the post of Assistant Lineman every year. This year, recruitment notification for 1690 posts (tentative) has been released. It’s an amazing opportunity for those with a National Apprenticeship Certificate in Lineman trade. A detailed advertisement for the aforementioned post shall be released on May 31st, 2022 according to the official source.
- Online applications to start from 31st May 2022
- The last date to apply is 20th June 2022 (tentative)
- Candidates’ age should fall in the range of 18-37 with relaxations specified later.
- Candidates should hold a National Apprenticeship Certificate in Lineman trade.
- Compulsory knowledge of Punjabi is needed
|Recruiting Body||Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd.|
|Total No of Vacancies||1690|
|Start of Online Applications||31 May 2022|
|Last Date to Apply||20 June 2022 (tentative)|
|Last Day to Pay Registration Fees||02 July 2022 (tentative)|
|Salary Range||To be intimated later|
PSPCL Recruitment Vacancy 2022
Category-wise vacancy distribution for Punjab State Power Corporation Limited recruitment 2022 for the post of Assistant Lineman is given in the table below. Although announced beforehand, the number of posts is liable to change at the discretion of PSPCL.
|Category||No. of Vacancies (tentative)|
|GEN – EWS||170|
|SC/ OT (Ex-SM – Self/ Dep.)||34|
|SC/ OT (SP)||09|
|SC/ MZB (Ex-SM – Self/ Dep.)||34|
|SC/ MZB (SP)||08|
|BC (XSM – Self/ Dep.)||34|
|XSM (Self/ Dep.)||119|
Read about the AFCAT Exam Date 2022 here.
PSPCL Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
PSPCL Lineman Educational Qualification
- Candidates should have passed matriculation or equivalent and possess National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) in Lineman trade.
- The candidates who possess higher education i.e., Degree/ Diploma in Electrical Engineering will be assessed only if they have minimum qualifications i.e., National Apprenticeship Certificate in Lineman Trade.
- The candidate must have passed Punjabi of at least matric or its equivalent level up to the last date of submission of the online application.
PSPCL Lineman Age Limit
- The age limit as of January 1st, 2022 for eligibility for the post of Assistant Lineman should be 18 to 37 years.
- The upper age limit is relaxable as per the following categories-
|Category||Upper Age Limit Relaxation|
|Scheduled Caste/Backward Class||5 years|
|Ex-Serviceman (Self)||3 years|
|Widow, Separated/Abandoned Women, Wives of serving/disabled military personnel||3 years|
Check some articles from the table below!
|SSC Selection Post Phase 10 Notification||ETDC Recruitment 2022||GPSSB MPHW Recruitment|
|UPSSSC Chakbandi Lekhpal Recruitment||SSC Selection Post Eligibility Criteria||AFCAT Exam Date 2022|
PSPCL Recruitment Selection Process
The selection process for the PSPCL Recruitment 2022 includes a single-phase online examination. It consists of an objective test marked out of 100. The final merit is prepared based on the marks secured in the online examination. A document verification round is held after the merit list is prepared.
PSPCL Qualifying Marks
The qualifying marks for the General category candidates are 45 marks and for the Reserved category candidates are 35 marks.
How to Apply for PSPCL Recruitment 2022?
Step 1. Open the official website of PSPCL.
Step 2. Click on the recruitment link accessible on the homepage.
Step 3. Click on “Apply Online Application” link to initiate the registration process.
Step 4. Fill up your Personal, Professional, Educational, and Contact details in the application form without any error.
Step 5. Download the Bank Challan and pay your fee at the State Bank of Patiala.
Step 6. Attach scanned copies of the photo (size 20-50 KB – dimension 150 X 200), signature (size 10-20 KB – dimension 140 X 60) and other required documents.
Step 7. Verify the details filled in the form before final submission.
Step 8. Finally, press “Submit” bottom and note the system-generated Registration Number along with Password.
Step 9. Take a printout of the completed application form 24 hours after depositing the fees in the bank for future reference.
Check some articles from the table below!
|CUET Latest News and Updates||CUET PG Admit Card||SBI Channel Manager Recruitment|
|RRB NTPC Exam Centers||BITSAT Exam Date||RRB Group D Admit Card|
PSPCL Recruitment Application Fee
Category-wise application fee for PSPCL Recruitment 2022 is given in the table below.
|Category||Application fees||Applicable GST @18% (INR)||Total|
|All Categories except SC and PwD||800 INR||144||944 INR+ bank charges|
|Scheduled Caste||500 INR||90||590 INR+ bank charges|
|Person with Disability||500 INR||90||590 INR+ bank charges|
PSPCL Exam Pattern 2022
- The PSPCL Lineman recruitment 2022 examination will be held in Online mode. It will consist of objective, multiple-choice questions which are 100 in total.
- Out of these 100, 70 questions will be related to the concerned discipline of the post applied, 10 will be from the domain of General Knowledge, 10 from Logical/Verbal Reasoning, and the remaining 10 from General English.
- The online exam for the post of Assistant Lineman will be bilingual (English/Punjabi). Thus, during the online examination candidates will have the option to choose the language of examination (English/Punjabi).
PSPCL Admit card 2022
Admit card for the online test, containing the details of the center/venue for the examination, etc. will be sent to the candidates via their registered e-mail id. Candidates can also download their admit cards from the PSPCL website using their registered mobile number and password. The candidates are advised to take a printout of their admit cards. Candidates shall not be allowed to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card.
FAQs on PSPCL Recruitment 2022
A. The tentative date for the opening of online applications for the post of Assistant Lineman is May 31, 2022.
A. Yes, matric or equivalent level of Punjabi is essential for selection as an Assistant Lineman at PSPCL.
A. The application fee for all categories except for SC and PwD is 944 INR and for SC/PwD categories is 590 INR.
A. The qualifying marks for the General category candidates are 45 marks and for the Reserved category candidates are 35 marks.
A. The age limit as of January 1st, 2022 for eligibility for the post of Assistant Lineman should be 18 to 37 years.