International Yoga Day Essay: Yoga is an old practice for the better health of the body and the mind. The word Yoga is a Sanskrit word and it means to unite. On December 11, 2014, the United Nations declared June 21 as the International Day of Yoga. On this day, there are huge events organized where a huge number of people practice yoga altogether. Various news channels in India broadcast the event and people from their homes follow along. The reason 21 June was chosen as the International Yoga Day was that it is the longest day of the year. This marks the Dakshinayana.
Around 5,000 years ago, Yoga originated in India. The people practiced it to unite the mind and the body. Yoga is also said to have benefits for chronic body pains. In India, this day was first celebrated on 21st June 2015. At Rajpath, New Delhi, more than 30,000 people along with Prime Minister Narendra Modi practiced yoga. There were 21 postures of Yoga that people practiced that day to mark the day.
|Essay on Father’s Day||Importance of National Unity Essay||Essay on Anti Tobacco Day|
|Essay on Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj||Essay on World Environment Day||AP Traffic e-Challan|
Benefits of Yoga
- For Yoga, you do not need any Gym equipment. All you need is a mat to practice Yoga. You can wear your comfortable clothes and start with the relaxing Yoga session
- Yoga is an amazing combination of stretching and breathing exercises. It helps you relieve the stress in your muscles and make you take deep breaths along with it
- It increases the flexibility of one’s body. There are various asanas/postures that stretch your body in a lot of different ways
- Yoga will help you work on your stamina. The fatigue that you usually feel during the day will go away if you practice Yoga regularly
- From the mental health aspect, Yoga is a great meditation. You can use music as help too. It is a great way to start your day with yoga meditation. Use follow-along videos for your morning yoga meditation
- Yoga not only stretches your muscles but also strengthens them. Yes, you do not need to go to the gym to strengthen your muscles. Yoga will do it for you
- Yoga is good for health issues like hypertension. Anxiety reduces with regular yoga sessions
- If you are someone with bad body posture, then Yoga is for you. The stretches in yoga and the fact that you have to hold them for long periods of time will improve your posture
- Yoga is proven to be good for your bone joints. It also helps control your blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- If one of your health goals is weight loss, then try Yoga. When paired with healthy eating habits, Yoga can be beneficial for weight loss
We hope that this International Yoga Day Essay was helpful to you.
International Yoga Day Essay FAQs
It is important because Yoga is good for our mental and physical health.
International Yoga Day is celebrated on 21st June every day.
We celebrate International Yoga Day to promote the practice of Yoga as it helps improve health.
The United Nations declared 21st June as International Yoga Day On December 11, 2014.
India celebrated International Yoga Day for the first time on 21st June 2015