Essay on Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj: An Indian ruler and a member of the Bhonsle Maratha clan, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was an important part of the Indian Independence movement. He expanded the Maratha military to establish victory in various places like the Torna Fort, Panhala Fort, etc. On February 19, 1630, was born the brave Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in the Shivneri Fort, Pune. He was born to Jija Bai and Shahji Bhosle. He practiced the Deccan administrative practices in his administration. ‘Astapradhan’ was a group of eight ministers appointed by him for assistance.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj- Main Events
- Shivaji Maharaj captured the Torana Fort at the age of 16 years. Following this, he captured other important locations like Raigarh and Pratapgarh. Because of these victories, the Sultan of Bijapur imprisoned his father. In AD 1659, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj attacked Bijapur itself. The Sultan of Bijapur made an attempt to attack Shivaji in vain. In 1662, the Sultan made a peace treaty with Shivaji. He then became an independent ruler of the areas he conquered.
- In AD 1674, Shivaji Maharaj was crowned as Chhatrapati in Raigarh. Later, he was awarded the title of ‘Haidava Dharmodharka’. The importance of this event is that eventually, it led to legitimizing the right to collect revenue and impose tax on the people.
- From AD 1676 to AD 1679, he conquered Gingee, Vellore, and various other forts in Karnataka.
- In 1680, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj died. He died at the age of 50. The reason for his death is still unsure.
|Asani Cyclone Kerala||CAPF Punarvas Portal||Famous Monuments of North India|
|Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti||e-Census of India||SSC Selection Post Syllabus and Exam Pattern|
Administration of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj
- Peshwa referred to the minister whose role was to take care of the finance and general administration.
- Senapati (sari-i-naubat) was the leader of the Maratha Chiefs who led the battle forces.
- Majumdar referred to the accountant who took care of the taxes, etc
- The Wakenavis were the intelligence and household management
- Surnavis looked after the communication between the king and other ministries
- The Dabir arranged ceremonies and the foreign affairs of the administration
- Nayayadish and Punditrao were responsible for matters related to justice and charitable grants
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Quotes
- Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a Mother
- Even if there were a sword in the hands of everyone, it is willpower that establishes a Government
- Never bend your head, always hold it high
- Freedom is a boom, which everyone has the right to receive
- Do not think of the enemy as weak, but do not also overestimate their strength
- When you are enthusiastic, the mountain also looks like clay pile
This was an example of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj essay writing. We hope this was helpful. In case of any queries, kindly reach out to us.
Essay on Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj FAQs
Collect enough information about Shivaji Maharaj’s life and events. Divide your essay into Introduction, Body, and Conclusion.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was born on February 19, 1630.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s parents were Jija Bai and Shahji Bhosle.
Shivaji Maharaj got the title of Chhatrapati in AD 1674.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s administration included a Senapati, Peshwa, Majumdar, Wakenavis, etc.