Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips- Get Strategies, Important topics, and More!
The Indian Bank conducts a recruitment drive to select ex-servicemen for the post of Security Guard in the Subordinate Staff Cadre. Thousands of candidates apply for the Indian Bank Security Guard Recruitment. However, the candidates need to clear the selection process that comprises an Online Test, a Local Language Test, a Physical Fitness Test, and a Commercial Driving License for a Light Motor Vehicle. The first stage of the selection process is the online test, which is often the most crucial stage, for it determines the path further. Hence we have come up with the Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips as recommended by the experts to guide the aspirants.
Candidates must read this article carefully to understand the exam pattern, syllabus, and other important aspects before formulating a preparation strategy!
- Subject-Wise Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips 2022 – Stage I
- Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips 2022 – Stage II
- Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips 2022 – Stage III
- Basic Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips 2022
- Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips FAQs
Subject-Wise Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips 2022 – Stage I
Our first aspect in the Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips deals with each subject in the online test, which is the first stage of the selection process. The subjects involved are General Knowledge, Simple Arithmetic and Reasoning, Basics in Banking, and Knowledge in Security aspects. These tips are curated by experts and one must follow them religiously for the best results.
Candidates can check the detailed Indian Bank Security Guard Exam Analysis here.
Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips for General Knowledge
This section is asked for a total of 10 marks and is oftentimes ignored by the candidates. However, this is one of the most scoring subjects provided that the candidates take note of the following tips –
- Candidates must make it a part of their daily routine to read newspapers, magazines, academic journals, and blogs. This will improve the general knowledge and keep them updated on the current happening across the world.
- Candidates can take up current affairs quizzes in order to test their knowledge.
- Candidates must study each topic in the General Knowledge Syllabus, and make notes of the same for ready reference during the revision.
Candidates can check the steps to view the Indian Bank Security Guard cut-off here.
Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips for Simple Arithmetic and Reasoning
This section is asked in combination with the General Knowledge and comprises a total of 10 marks. Candidates can take note of the following tips to ace this section –
- Reasoning ability is the most logical section but needs regular practice to score well.
- Coding-Decoding, Number series, Analogy, Percentages, Profit and loss, and other topics are needed to be covered.
- Regular practice is the key to success. Hence make sure you practice every day for the best results.
- Try to solve the most difficult questions and note down the formulas, and shortcut tricks.
- Solve previous year’s papers and attempt mock tests that will help boost your confidence.
Candidates can check the steps to download the Indian Bank Security Guard Result here.
Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips for Basics of Banking
This section is asked for a total of 10 marks, and the following tips can be kept in mind to ace the section –
- Since the post is in the banking industry, it is important that candidates have a fair knowledge of the basics of Banking. Hence aspirants should spend at least 2 hours learning about the basics of banking.
- As a bank guard, you can know about the banking sector, and the banking culture well.
Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips for Knowledge of Security Aspects
This section is asked for a total of 20 marks, and the following tips can be kept in mind to ace the section –
- As a bank security guard, you are expected to guard the details of user accounts, control passwords, and system access. Hence you must understand the security controls of the bank well.
- Work on improving your computer knowledge, and gain basic computer knowledge.
Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips 2022 – Stage II
Stage II of the Indian Bank Security Guard Recruitment is the Test of Local Language, also known as the Proficiency Test. Candidates need to pass this round in order to proceed further. Candidates must remember that the bank just wants to test their language proficiency.
However, candidates are required to give equal preparation time for this round as well. The reason is, that if the candidate fails the local language test, they will not be allowed to take part in further recruitment rounds. Hence we have provided you with some noteworthy tips-
- Candidates must select the language which they are fully comfortable & fluent with while filling out the application form.
- After the application process is completed, candidates must start with the preparation immediately.
- Attempt the test series or mock tests to further boost your confidence.
Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips 2022 – Stage III
Stage III of the Indian Bank Security Guard Recruitment is the Physical Fitness Test. The main aim of this test it to examine the physical fitness of the candidates for the post. The post demands the candidates to have a certain level of fitness. Candidates need to pass this round in order to proceed further. The following tips can be worth noting-
- This banking recruitment is not just about giving the online test, but also about proving your physical fitness. Hence candidates must take some time out of their daily schedule to do some exercises.
- Regularly practice push-ups and sit-ups and time yourself while doing so.
- Eat healthy and stay hydrated.
Basic Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips 2022
As we near the end of this article, we did like to provide some basic Indian Bank Security guard preparation tips. These tips are called basic but are extremely important as they will help you prepare an effective study schedule.
Tip 1: Know the Indian Bank Security Guard Exam Pattern 2022
In order to prepare for an effective study schedule, knowing the exam pattern is crucial. Thus, our first tip is to know the exam pattern.
Exam Pattern for Online Test – Stage I
|Name of the Test
|No of Questions
|General Knowledge / simple Arithmetic and Reasoning
|Basics of Banking
|Knowledge in security aspects
Exam Pattern for Physical Fitness Test – Stage III
|5 metershuttle in one minute
|13 times or more in one minute
|12 times in one minute
|11 times in one minute
|20 or more
|30 or more
Tip 2: Understand the Indian Bank Security Guard Exam Syllabus
The syllabus is an important aspect of the Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips. Therefore the candidates must go through the exam syllabus, as it will help them frame an effective study schedule
Exam Syllabus for Online Test – Stage I
|PercentagesProfit and LossAveragesRatio and TimeTime and WorkDiscountNumber Systems
|Developmental PlansSocial Reform MovementsEducation and CulturePolitical and Administrative Setup.HistoryEconomic DevelopmentGeography
|Non-Verbal SeriesCoding-DecodingNumber RankingAlphabet Series.Arithmetical ReasoningAnalogy
Tip 3: Best Books for Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation
Being our last tip, here we provide you with the expert-recommended list of books for preparation for the Indian Bank Security Guard Recruitment 2022
The Indian Bank Security Guard books are listed in the table below:
|Fast Track Objective Mathematic
|Advanced Objective General Knowledge
|R S Aggrawal
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning
|R S Aggrawal
We hope that our article on the Indian Bank Security Guard preparation tips is useful. For best results, you must follow these tips religiously, coupled with consistent efforts and regular practice you can ace the examination. We wish you all the best!
Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation Tips FAQs
Some of the best books include Fast Track Objective Mathematics (Rajesh Verma), Advanced Objective General Knowledge (R.S.Agrawal), and A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning (R.S.Agrawal)
Candidates must go through the exam pattern, know the syllabus, revise regularly, and refer to the expert-recommended list of books for preparation.
The Online Test is conducted in four sections – General Knowledge/Simple Airthematic and Reasoning, Basics of Baking, Knowledge in security aspects, for a total of 40 marks and 30 mins each.
Yes, with an effective study schedule and by following our Indian Bank Security Guard Preparation tips candidates can ace the Indian Bank Security Guard Recruitment 2022.
The selection process comprises an Online Test, a Local Language Test, a Physical Fitness Test, and a Commercial Driving License for a Light Motor Vehicle.