The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is responsible for developing and implementing a transparent procedure for evaluating and selecting personnel for a variety of banks. IBPS releases recruitment notifications for various posts. Last year, it released a recruitment notification for 7858 IBPS Clerks to be recruited in various states. For recruitment into these posts, IBPS chooses candidates through a two-stage process. The stages are Preliminary Examination and Main Examination.
- Candidates can expect a salary of Rs 19,900 to Rs 47920 per month.
- For the year 2021-22, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection had announced a total vacancy of 7858 for the post of Clerks.
- The candidate must be 20 Years to 28 Years of age as per the IBPS Clerk notification.
IBPS Clerk Recruitment Overview
To help you get all the information on IBPS Clerk notification in one place, we have made a table below.
|Organisation||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Vacancy||To be notified|
|Recruitment Process||Prelims + Main Exams|
|Age Limit||20 years to 28 years|
|Application Fee||SC/ST/PWD- Rs.175General and Others- Rs. 850|
IBPS Clerk Vacancy
A total number of 7,858 vacancies were released for recruitment for 2021. Below are the category-wise vacancy details for the IBPS Clerk Exam 2021.
|State Name||General||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||Total Vacancies|
|ANDAMAN & NICOBAR||06||0||0||01||0||07|
|DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI DAMAN & DIU||03||0||0||0||0||03|
|JAMMU & KASHMIR||57||09||14||27||14||121|
Get details of SSC CGL as well
How to Apply for the IBPS Clerk Recruitment?
While filling out the application form, keep your Aadhar card and educational mark sheets with you. Below are the steps to fill the online application for the IBPS Clerk exam:
Step 1- Visit the IBPS official website.
Step 2- If you are a first-time candidate, complete your one-time registration with IBPS first.
Step 3- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ tab on the homepage of IBPS.
Step 4- Select Clerk and the notification for the exam of the post that you are trying for.
Step 5- Fill all the relevant and mandatory fields and upload the required documents. After submitting the form, you will reach the fee payment section.
Step 6- Pay the application fee and note down your application number. Download the application form for future reference.
IBPS Clerk Exam Application Fee
Get details of the Application Fee from the IBPS Clerk here.
|S. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|1||SC/ST/PWD||Rs.175/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|2||General and Others||Rs. 850/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
Check details of the BSSC CGL Exam.
IBPS Clerk Eligibility 2022
The candidate should fulfil the eligibility criteria before applying for the IBPS Clerk recruitment exam.
1. IBPS Clerk Age Limit
The candidate must be of age 20 Years to 28 Years. He/she must have been born not earlier than 02.07.1994 and no later than 01.07.2002 (both dates inclusive).
Check age relaxation provided to different category of candidates here.
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
|4||Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen||actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled ExServicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|5||Widows, divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||Upper Age Limit shall be 35 years for General/EWS, 38 years for OBC and 40 years for SC/ST candidates|
|6||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
2. IBPS Clerk Educational Qualification
- Minimum qualification of Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. The candidate should possess a certificate as proof of passing the qualifying examination.
- Valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate stating that he/ she is a graduate on the day he/she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
- Computer Literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. candidates should have a Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
- Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT (candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT)
3. IBPS Clerk Nationality Criterion
- Nepal or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
IBPS Clerk Selection Process
To get selected for a post, you are required to clear all two stages of the IBPS Clerk Selection Process. These 2 stages are
- Preliminary examination: The duration of the exam is 1 hour. The paper consists of 100 multiple-choice questions. The total marks are 100 out of which 30 questions will be from English Language, and 35 questions will be from Numerical Ability and 35 from Reasoning Ability.
- Mains examination: The duration of the exam is 160 minutes. IBPS Clerk Mains Exam will now constitute of 190 questions.
Get detailed information on these stages below.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
The candidates can refer to the IBPS Clerk exam pattern to know the details of the exam such as the number of questions, weightage for each section, and know any negative marking if applicable. Below is the detailed exam pattern for the IBPS Clerk examination.
IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
|S.No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern
|S.No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|2||English Language||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
Check the GPSTR Karnataka Exam details here.
IBPS Clerk Exam Dates 2022
Here are the details of the IBPS Clerk exam dates that were announced in the official IBPS Calendar 2022.
|IBPS Clerk Notification 2022||July 2022|
|Online Registration Process||July 2022|
|IBPS Clerk Prelims Call Letter||August 2022|
|Conduct of Online Examination – Preliminary||28th August, 03rd & 04th September 2022|
|IBPS Clerk Prelims Result||September 2022|
|IBPS Clerk Prelims Scorecard||September 2022|
|IBPS Clerk Mains Admit Card||September 2022|
|Conduct of Online Examination – Main||08th October 2022|
|Declaration of Final (Mains) Result||April 2023|
IBPS Clerk Salary
The salary for a Clerk is released by the authorities in the IBPS Clerk notification. According to the latest notification, these are some of the details you should be aware of-
- IBPS Clerk Salary is set as per the 7th pay commission.
- The salary range of IBPS Clerk is Rs 19,900- Rs 47920 per month.
- Candidates will also be provided with Dearness allowances( DA), Housing renting allowance (HRA), etc.
The RRB NTPC Exam details are here.
IBPS Clerk Cut Off
The cut-off for IBPS Clerk will be declared by the authorities after the result of each phase. We are providing the details of the IBPS Clerk 2021 Prelims cut off for general category below.
|J & K||72|
We hope you found this article on IBPS Clerk Recruitment informative and helpful and please do not hesitate to contact us with any doubts.
IBPS Clerk Exam 2022 FAQs
The age limit as per the IBPS Clerk notification is 20 to 28 Years.
The applicants will go through Prelims, and Mains Round to get selected for this IBPS Clerk exam.
The applicants have to answer 100 questions for 100 marks in 1 hour. 30 questions will be from English Language, and 35 questions will be from Numerical Ability and 35 from Reasoning Ability.
The interested candidates can submit online applications through IBPS official website.
Applicants must have passed the Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University as per IBPS Clerk notification.