Current Affairs 17 May 2022: In every competitive examination, current affairs are significant. There are several questions on current affairs as well as static awareness on the exam. As a result, candidates must keep up with all the latest events or news. It will help candidates answer questions from the recent events section and do well on exams. We will provide you with all of the Current Affairs for the 17th of May 2022 in this post to help you prepare for competitive exams. To keep up with the latest news and happenings on May 17, 2022, read this page entirely.
Check Current Affairs of 16th May 2022 here.
Current Affairs – 17 May 2022 – All The Latest News!
Check out the points below for all the most recent updated current affairs news on May 17, 2022.
The first Indian Brand Ambassador of Louis Vuitton is Deepika Padukone
- Deepika Padukone, an actress, has been named the first Indian brand ambassador for Louis Vuitton.
- At the 75th Cannes Film Festival, she was selected to an eight-member jury led by French actor Vincent Lindon.
- When she appeared for a faux book cover with celebs like Lea Seydoux and Sophie Turner in 2020, she became the first Indian actor to appear in the brand’s campaign.
Mamata Banerjee has been honoured with the Special Bangla Academy Award
- Mamata Banerjee, the Chief Minister of West Bengal, got the Bangla Academy Award for her “everlasting literary pursuit.”
- Banerjee received the prize, which was inaugurated this year by Sahitya Academy, for her book “Kabita Bitan,” which significantly contributes to West Bengal’s finest writers.
- At the 2020 Kolkata Book Fair, Mamata Banerjee’s ‘Kabita Bitan‘ was launched. The TMC chief wrote 946 poems for the collection.
Swiggy purchased Dineout, a restaurant reservation site
- In a formal agreement, Swiggy purchased Times Internet’s restaurant technology and dining-out platform Dineout.
- Swiggy is anticipated to extend Dineout’s goods, such as table reservations and events, while Dineout’s restaurant partners will have access to Swiggy’s massive customer base, allowing them to increase their reach.
- Dineout has approximately 5 million customers, whereas Swiggy has more than 50 million active yearly transactional users, according to the foregoing data.
CBSE’s new chief, Nidhi Chibber, has been selected
- The Central Body of Secondary Education (CBSE) is a government-controlled and managed national board of education in India for public and private schools.
- Nidhi Chibber is the Additional Secretary, Ministry of Heavy Industries, and is a 1994 batch Indian Administrative Service officer from the Chhattisgarh cadre.
- The Personnel Ministry has nominated her as chairwoman of the CBSE with the rank and salary of Additional Secretary to the Government of India.
The Union Bank of India has launched the ‘Trade nxt’ online platform
- The Union Bank of India (UBI) has introduced ‘Trade nxt,’ an online platform that allows businesses and MSMEs to conduct all cross-border export-import transactions from the convenience of their own homes.
- It facilitates the input and processing of letters of credit (LC), bank guarantees, export/import bills, export credit disbursement, outgoing and inbound remittances, and dealer financing, among other things.
- Import Data Processing & Monitoring System (IDPMS), Export Data Processing & Monitoring System (EDPMS), and other regulatory online auto reporting systems will be available through the ‘Trade nxt’ platform.
Anna Qabale Duba, a Kenyan nurse, has been named the world’s best nurse
- The inaugural Aster Guardian Global Nursing Award went to Anna Qabale Duba, a Kenyan nurse working at the Marsabit County Referral Hospital.
- Duba, who received USD 250,000 in prize money was honoured by Emirates CEO Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum during an award event in Dubai commemorating International Nurses Day.
- Duba, the sole female graduate in her community, disclosed that she had created a school in Marsabit through her Qabale Duba Foundation, which gives lessons to young kids and adults seeking a respectable education.
The longest glass-bottomed bridge in the world has opened in Vietnam
- Vietnam has opened the world’s largest glass-bottom bridge. It’s known as the Bach Long pedestrian bridge in Vietnam, and it’s 632m (2,073ft) long and 150m (492ft) over a massive forest.
- In Vietnamese, the Bach Long pedestrian bridge signifies “white dragon.”
- The bridge can hold up to 450 people at once, and the bridge’s floor is composed of toughened glass.
We hope you have received all of the most recent information on 17 May 2022 Current Affairs News. Please contact us if you have any questions or issues about the current event on May 17, 2022. We would gladly assist you in resolving any of your questions and improving your general knowledge.
|Famous Monuments of Eastern India||Famous Monuments of South India|
|Haryana Government Schemes||Famous Monuments of North India|
|Rajasthan Government Schemes||Punjab Government Schemes|