Current Affairs 13 May 2022 – Get All The Updated News Here!
Current Affairs 13 May 2022: Current Affairs play a vital role in any competitive exam as they have a high weightage in the exam. Several questions are asked in the examination about current affairs as well as static awareness. Thus, it is necessary for the candidates to be updated with all the recent updates or trending news. It will help the applicants to attempt questions from the current affairs section and get desired marks in the examination. To help you prepare for the competitive exams, in this article, we are going to provide you with all recent updates and Current Affairs 13 May 2022. So, without getting late, read this article completely. You will get all the updates on recent trending news and all the important current affair news 13 May 2022.
- Current Affairs 13 May 2022 – Top 5 Trending News!
- Rajiv Kumar, the New Chief Election Commissioner of India, Will Take Charge on 15th May 2022
- B V Doshi, Indian Architect, Awarded with one of the Prestigious Royal Gold Medal 2022
- Leonid Kravchuk, The First President of Independent Ukraine, Passed Away at the Age of 88
- South Korea Becomes the First Asian Country to join the NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization Cooperative) Cyber Defence Group
- Yuri Averbakh, World’s Oldest Chess Grandmaster Passes Away
Check Current Affairs 12 May 2022 here.
Current Affairs 13 May 2022 – Top 5 Trending News!
Check out all the top 5 top current affair news 13 May 2022, from the below-mentioned points. You will get updates on today’s all important news.
Rajiv Kumar, the New Chief Election Commissioner of India, Will Take Charge on 15th May 2022
- Former finance secretary Rajiv Kumar, 62, has been appointed as the new Chief Election Commissioner of India and will take charge on 15th May 2022. The law minister Kiren Rijiju announced this news on Thursday.
- Rajiv Kumar will take charge of Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Sushil Chandra, who is due to retire.
- The tenure of the Chief election commissioners of India is six years or until they turn 65, whichever is earlier.
- Rajiv, a 1984-batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, after election commissioner Ashok Lavasa stepped down, joined the Election Commission of India (ECI) in September 2020.
- Kumar will oversee the 2024 national polls as well as the assembly elections in various states of India during his tenure. These states include Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Telangana, Tripura, Meghalaya, Mizoram, and Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).
You can check out this new outbreak of Tomato Flu or Tomato Fever in Kerala.
B V Doshi, Indian Architect, Awarded with one of the Prestigious Royal Gold Medal 2022
- Balkrishna Vithaldas Doshi, an Indian Architect was bestowed with the prestigious Royal Gold Medal 2022.
- The Royal Gold Medal is one of the world’s highest prestigious honors (award) for architecture. The award is honored by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), London, United Kingdom (UK).
- Doshi also won the Pritzker Architecture Prize in 2018 which is considered a Nobel Prize in Architecture. B V Doshi will be the only Indian Architect to hold both the Royal Gold Medal and Pritzker Architecture Prize.
Leonid Kravchuk, The First President of Independent Ukraine, Passed Away at the Age of 88
- Leonid Kravchuk, who passed away at the age of 88, had served as the first president of independent Ukraine. He was a former communist who helped sign the Soviet Union’s death warrant.
- Leonid Kravchuk was known as the “wily fox” as he rose through the ranks of Ukraine’s Communist Party and took over as charge of the head of the parliament in 1990.
- In December 1991, Leonid signed the Belovezha accords with Russian President Boris Yeltsin and Belarusian leader Stanislav Shushkevich. As a result, this pact effectively triggered the collapse of the Soviet Union.
Check out the other relevant topics from the provided table below:
|International Red Cross Day||List of new Cabinet Ministers of India|
|Rivers Names A to Z in India||Famous Monuments of North India|
|Famous Monuments of South India||Famous Monuments of Eastern India|
South Korea Becomes the First Asian Country to join the NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization Cooperative) Cyber Defence Group
- According to a report from South Korea’s intelligence agency, South Korea became the first Asian country to join in NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization Cooperative) Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence.
- South Korea’s National Intelligence Service (NIS) has joined as a contributing participant in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence.
- The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), also known as North Atlantic Alliance, founded in 1949, is an intergovernmental military alliance between 30 member states – 28 European states.
- The total NATO CCDCOE (Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence) has 32 countries. The official members of NATO include 27 NATO member countries and 5 five non-NATO states as contributing participants.
Check out the news of Asani Cyclone Kerala.
Yuri Averbakh, World’s Oldest Chess Grandmaster Passes Away
- Russian chess grandmaster, the world’s oldest chess grandmaster, died in Moscow at 100. Yuri Averbakh who was one of the world’s best players for a decade, trained world champions and was the last surviving participant in one of the greatest competitions in history.
- Yuri Averbakh won the Moscow Championship in 1949 and earned the title of Grandmaster in 1952.
- In 1954, Yuri became the champion of the USSR (Union of Soviet Socialist Republics). He also chaired the Chess Federation of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics from the year 1972 to 1977.
We hope that you have got all the important information provided in this article related to the Current Affair News 13 May 2022.If you have any queries or questions related to the current affair 13 May 2022, please do not hesitate to connect with us. We will be happy to help you with all your doubts and help you to provide you with all the latest or important updates so that you can improve your general knowledge.