Candidates applying for the CUET Examination 2022 can check out the topics and units included in the syllabus of Knowledge Tradition-Practices India given below.
- Agriculture: A Survey Agriculture in Prehistory and Protohistory/ Textual Sources/ Types of Lands/ Rain-Fed and Irrigated Crops/ Implements/ Seed and Sowing/ Manures/ Pests and Their Management/ Cattle Management/ Horticulture and Arboriculture/ Fishing/ Agriculture and Society
- Architecture: A Survey Early and Classical Architecture Temple Architecture/ Rock-Cut Structures/ Monolithic Temples/ Constructed Temples/ Publicand Private Architecture Architecture: A Survey Medieval & Colonial Architecture Fort and Palace Architecture/ Mosques/ Mausoleums/ Colonial Architecture
- Dance: A Survey Classical Dance Forms Classical Period/ Middle Period/ Modern Period/ Classical Dance Forms/ Bharatanayam/ Kathakali/ Kathak/ Kucipudi/ Manipuri/ O’issi/ Sattriya Folk Dance Forms Chau/ Bihu/ Rauf/ Padayani/ DolluKunitha/ Dandiya/ Ghumar/ Kalbelia/ Chau&fla/ Bhangra/ Giddha/ Garba/ Lava)i/ Bamboo Dance
- Education Systems and Practices: A Survey Goals of Indian Education/ Teaching and Learning/ the Teacher and the Student/ Centres ofEducation/ Temples as First Schools/ Gurukulas/ Viharas and Universities/ Community- Supported Education/ The Continuing System Two Types of Knowledge and the Right Pupil/ Mere Intellectual Knowledge Is Not Enough/The Link between Teacher and Pupil/ Teachers Invite Students to Come to Them/Controlling the Mind and the Senses: the Goal of Indian Education/ Teacher’s Directives to students on their Completion of Study/ what Is a Useful Life?/Hsüan-Tsang’s (Xuanzang) Impressions of Indian Education/ Hsüan-Tsang’s (Xuan Zang) Description of NalandaUniversity An Italian Explorer’s Record of Indian Education in the 17th Century/ A Description of Indian Education in the 18th Century/ The Teacher’s Subsistence/ Respect for the Teacher/Physical Education and Sports/ Description of the University at Navadveep (Nuddeah) in Bengal in 1791/ Love of Learning and Support for Education among Indians/ A Widespread Colonial Network of Indigenous Schools
- Ethics: Individual and Social The Cosmic Order/ Buddhist Ethics/ Jain Ethics/ Sikh Ethics/ The Bhakti Movement Primary Texts on Ethics: Individual and Social: A Selection From Jain Granthas/ From Buddhist Granthas/ From Asoka’s Edicts/ From the Kural (tr. P.S. Sundaram)
- Martial Arts Traditions: ASurvey Texts/ Practice of Martial Arts/ Stick Combat/ Kaarippayau Martial Arts Traditions: A Selection fromPrimary Texts Wrestling in the Mahabharata/ Mallapura_a/ Marmasastram.
- Language and Grammar Languages of India/ Study of Language in India/ Disciplines of Language Studies in India/ Classification of Speech-Sounds/ Theory of Grammar.
- Other Technologies: A Survey Harappan Technologies/ Later pottery/ Glass/ Water Management/ Textile Technology/ Wing Technology/ Pyrotechnics/ Cosmetics and Perfumes Other Technologies: A Selection from PrimaryTexts Gemmology/ Water Management/ Textiles and Garments/ Perfumes and Cosmetics
CUET Knowledge Tradition-Practices India Syllabus – FAQs
CUET is the Central Universities Entrance Test
The last date to apply for the CUET Examination is 6 May 2022.
A total of 50 questions will be asked in the paper out of which 40 must be attempted by the candidates.
The selection procedure for the CUET Examination is a written examination and an interview
A total of 8 units are there.