CUET Knowledge Tradition-Practices India Syllabus| Check The Major Topics And Download the PDF for free!
Candidates applying for the CUET Examination 2022 can check out the topics and units included in the syllabus of Knowledge Tradition-Practices India given below.
- Agriculture: A Survey Agriculture in Prehistory and Protohistory/ Textual Sources/ Types of Lands/ Rain-Fed and Irrigated Crops/ Implements/ Seed and Sowing/ Manures/ Pests and Their Management/ Cattle Management/ Horticulture and Arboriculture/ Fishing/ Agriculture and Society
- Architecture: A Survey Early and Classical Architecture Temple Architecture/ Rock-Cut Structures/ Monolithic Temples/ Constructed Temples/ Publicand Private Architecture Architecture: A Survey Medieval & Colonial Architecture Fort and Palace Architecture/ Mosques/ Mausoleums/ Colonial Architecture
- Dance: A Survey Classical Dance Forms Classical Period/ Middle Period/ Modern Period/ Classical Dance Forms/ Bharatanayam/ Kathakali/ Kathak/ Kucipudi/ Manipuri/ O’issi/ Sattriya Folk Dance Forms Chau/ Bihu/ Rauf/ Padayani/ DolluKunitha/ Dandiya/ Ghumar/ Kalbelia/ Chau&fla/ Bhangra/ Giddha/ Garba/ Lava)i/ Bamboo Dance
- Education Systems and Practices: A Survey Goals of Indian Education/ Teaching and Learning/ the Teacher and the Student/ Centres ofEducation/ Temples as First Schools/ Gurukulas/ Viharas and Universities/ Community- Supported Education/ The Continuing System Two Types of Knowledge and the Right Pupil/ Mere Intellectual Knowledge Is Not Enough/The Link between Teacher and Pupil/ Teachers Invite Students to Come to Them/Controlling the Mind and the Senses: the Goal of Indian Education/ Teacher’s Directives to students on their Completion of Study/ what Is a Useful Life?/Hsüan-Tsang’s (Xuanzang) Impressions of Indian Education/ Hsüan-Tsang’s (Xuan Zang) Description of NalandaUniversity An Italian Explorer’s Record of Indian Education in the 17th Century/ A Description of Indian Education in the 18th Century/ The Teacher’s Subsistence/ Respect for the Teacher/Physical Education and Sports/ Description of the University at Navadveep (Nuddeah) in Bengal in 1791/ Love of Learning and Support for Education among Indians/ A Widespread Colonial Network of Indigenous Schools
- Ethics: Individual and Social The Cosmic Order/ Buddhist Ethics/ Jain Ethics/ Sikh Ethics/ The Bhakti Movement Primary Texts on Ethics: Individual and Social: A Selection From Jain Granthas/ From Buddhist Granthas/ From Asoka’s Edicts/ From the Kural (tr. P.S. Sundaram)
- Martial Arts Traditions: ASurvey Texts/ Practice of Martial Arts/ Stick Combat/ Kaarippayau Martial Arts Traditions: A Selection fromPrimary Texts Wrestling in the Mahabharata/ Mallapura_a/ Marmasastram.
- Language and Grammar Languages of India/ Study of Language in India/ Disciplines of Language Studies in India/ Classification of Speech-Sounds/ Theory of Grammar.
- Other Technologies: A Survey Harappan Technologies/ Later pottery/ Glass/ Water Management/ Textile Technology/ Wing Technology/ Pyrotechnics/ Cosmetics and Perfumes Other Technologies: A Selection from PrimaryTexts Gemmology/ Water Management/ Textiles and Garments/ Perfumes and Cosmetics
CUET Knowledge Tradition-Practices India Syllabus – FAQs
CUET is the Central Universities Entrance Test
The last date to apply for the CUET Examination is 6 May 2022.
A total of 50 questions will be asked in the paper out of which 40 must be attempted by the candidates.
The selection procedure for the CUET Examination is a written examination and an interview
A total of 8 units are there.