CUET Exam will be conducted soon. Candidates who score well will get their desired undergraduate courses. The CUET Exam Pattern mentions three sections. The first section will be Languages, the second will be domain-specific, and the third will be a General Test. In this article. We will be talking in detail about CUET Domain Subject Selection.
CUET Domain Subject Selection
In the second section of the CUET Exam, there are 27 domains. The Central Universities are offering admission into domain-specific subjects. Candidates can choose a maximum of six domains. Here is the CUET Domain Subject Selection List.
|308||Computer Science/Informative Practices|
|312||Fine Arts/Visual Arts (Sculpture painting)/Commercial Art|
|316||Knowledge tradition practices India|
|318||Mass Media/Mass Communication|
|320||Performing ArtsPhysical Education/National Cadet Corps (NCC)/Yoga(i) Dance (Kathak/Bharatnatyam/Kathakali/Oddissi/Kuchipudi/Manipuri)(ii) Drama- Theatre(iii) Music General (Hindustani/Carnatic/Rabindra Sangeet/Percussion/Non-Percussion)|
|321||Physical Education/National Cadet Corps (NCC)/Yoga|
Read CUET Admission details here.
CUET Exam Pattern
Before discussing the Domains of section 2, let us take a quick look at the CUET Exam Pattern.
- There will be three sections in the exam.
- Sections 1 and 2 will have 45 minutes for each language. Section 3 will be for 60 minutes.
- Each question shall carry five marks.
|1. Language (A)Language (B)||13 Different Languages||40||45 minutes for each language|
|2. Domain||There are 27 Domains specific subjects being offered under this Section. A candidate may choose a maximum of six (06) Domains as desired by the applicable University/University.||40||45 minutes for each language|
|3. General Test||For any such undergraduate program/programs being offered by Universities where a General Test is being used for admission.||60||60 minutes|
CUET Domain Subject Selection Important Points
While making your choice for domain selection, there are a few things to keep in mind. Read the points given below.
- All the Universities participating in CUET have set standards for the applicants. Before choosing a domain or language, candidates should check these standards. If they do not satisfy the criteria, their application would be rejected.
- There are certain subjects that have two sections. The sections may have subsections from which the candidates may select one or more. Go through the details of your desired domains and Universities to avoid any mistakes.
- When selecting the domain subjects and languages, there are only two combinations valid. These are as follows.
|Combination||Number of Subjects in Section 1||Number of Subjects in Section 2||Number of Subjects in Section 3||Maximum Tests|
We hope this article was helpful. In case of any doubts, kindly reach out to us.
CUET Domain Subject Selection FAQs
There are a total of 27 domains available in the CUET Exam
Candidates can select a maximum of 6 domains for the CUET Exam.
Sections 1 and 2 will be conducted for 45 minutes each while section 3 will be for 60 minutes.
The CUET Exam will consist of three sections- Languages, Domain-Specific, and General Test.
Candidates can take a maximum of 9 tests for the CUET Exam.