TNPSC Group 1 Exam is held every two years by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. The TNPSC Group 1 Salary and Job Profile are briefly discussed in this article. This most prominent test in Tamil Nadu attracts a large number of students. There are three stages to the TNPSC Group 1 selection process.
- Prelims Exams
- Mains Exam
- Interview or Oral Test.
To acquire a renowned career, all students must go through all three levels. Here we have included pay information for TNPSC Group 1 postings in order to assist students in setting their goals for this position.This exam is regarded as the top-level exam by the TNPSC because it will be used to hire officers who will be accountable for all of the District’s management activities. As a result, the Group 1 Examination is regarded as one of the high-level Exams and most sought-after employment among job seekers.
TNPSC Group-1 Services – Post List
The Tamil Nadu PSC Group-1 Services can be categorised into two variants: Technical Positions & Non-Technical Positions.The following are some of the posts that are part of the Group-1 service:
TNPSC Group-1 Posts: Technical
- Motor Vehicle Inspector
- Director of Legal Metrology
- Industrial Promotion Officer
- Conservator of Forests
TNPSC Group-1: Non- Technical Posts
- Deputy Collector [Civil Services, (Executive Branch)]
- Deputy Superintendent of Police – Category. II (Police Service)
- Commercial Tax Officer (Commercial Tax Services)
- Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies (Co-operative Service)
- District Panchayat Officer (Panchayat Services)
- Regional Transport Officer (Transport Service)
- District Registrars (Registration Services)
- Divisional Fire Officer (Fire Service)
- Assistant Commissioner of Labour (Labour Service)
- Deputy Superintendent of Jails (Men) (Jails Service)
- Assistant Excise Superintendent (Excise Service)
- Municipal Commissioner – Grade-II (Municipal Administrative Service)
- Officer in Charge of Social Welfare in the District (Social Welfare Service)
- Welfare Officers for the Backward Classes in the District, including the Assistant Director (Backward Classes Welfare Service)
- Development Officer for the Mandal Parishad (Panchayat Raj & Rural Development Service)
- District Tribal Welfare Officer (Tribal Welfare Service)
- Assistant Treasury Officer / Assistant Accounts Officer (Treasuries & Accounts Service)
- District Employment Officer (Employment Service)
- Grade II Lay Secretary and Treasurer (Medical & Health Services)
- Assistant Audit Officer (State Audit Service)
Salary and Job Profile for TNPSC Group 1 in 2022
When the Salary is concerned, these Top level Officers get the Scale of Pay of Rs.15600 – 39100/ with Grade Pay Rs.5400/(PB-3). According to the 2016 Group 1 announcement, this pay scale is used.Now consider as an example that Group 1 starting salary will be around 40-48k which is said to be the Gross salary (Basic pay +Dearness allowance) excluding allowances and deductions which may vary according to the post. As of December 31, 2016, the current dearness allowance is stated to be 132 percent of basic salary.The general deduction includes 10 percent of gross salary which will be contributed to the pension scheme. General allowances include things like HRA, medical allowance, city compensation allowance, and other perks that differ by position.
Technical Services in Group 1 and Salary details 2022
TNPSC Group 1 test includes both technical and non-technical occupations.The tables give a list of both these job groups along with their salaries.
|SL No||Group I – Technical Posts||Salary Details (Rupees)|
|(2)||Asst. Motor Vehicle Inspector||15280-40510|
|(3)||Asst. Director of Legal Metrology||N/A|
|(4)||Industrial Promotion Officer||16150-42590|
|(5)||Asst. Conservator of Forests||25600-50560|
Non-Technical Services in Group 1: Salary details 2022
|S. no||Group I – Non-Technical Post||Salary Details (Rupees)|
|(2)||Deputy Superintendent of Police Category- II.||20680-46960|
|(3)||Commercial Tax Officer||20680-46960|
|(4)||Regional Transport Officer||19050-45850|
|(5)||Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies||18030-43630|
|(6)||District Panchayat Officer||19050-45850|
|(8)||Divisional Fire Officer||N/A|
|(9)||Deputy Superintendent of Jails||19050-45850|
|(10)||Assistant Commissioner of Labour||N/A|
|(11)||Assistant Excise Superintendent||N/A|
|(12)||Municipal Commissioner Grade-II||16150-42590|
|(13)||District Social Welfare Officer||18030-43630|
|(14)||District Backward Classes Welfare Officer including Assistant Director||N/A|
|(15)||District Tribal Welfare Officer||N/A|
|(16)||District Employment Officer||18030-43630|
|(17)||Lay Secretary & Treasurer Grade-II||16150-42590|
|(18)||Assistant Treasury Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer.||16150-42590|
|(19)||Assistant Audit Officer||16150-42590|
|(20)||Mandal Parishad Development Officer||16150-42590|
TNPSC Group 1 – FAQ
The deadline to apply for TNPSC group 1 is July 19, 2022. On June 20, 2022, online registration for the group 1 exam will begin.
It is the toughest exam compared to group 1. However, with our most well-known TNPSC group 1 preparation strategies, it can be easily cracked.
The minimum qualifying score for the TNPSC Group 1 prelims test is 1.90. Candidates who achieve the minimal qualifying scores will be allowed to take the main exam, which will be followed by an interview.
By submitting their application ID and date of birth, aspirants can receive TNPSC Group 1 hall ticket 2022 for the prelims exam.
By entering their application number, test takers can view their TNPSC Group 1 Results 2022, as well as their acquired score and cut off marks, on the TNPSC official website tnpsc.gov.in.