Nobel Laureates In Physics 2022 – Check The List Of Award Winners In Physics
Nobel Laureates in Physics 2022: The name of the Nobel Prize was taken from the surname of Alfred Nobel. The Nobel Prize in Physics is awarded every year by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences to scientists in the various fields of physics. Before we get into the Nobel Laureates in Physics 2022, let us have a brief idea about the Nobel Prize.
- This is the world’s highest award in the fields of literature, chemistry, physics, peace, medicine, and economics.
- The Nobel Foundation administers the award.
- It is awarded by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
- Each recipient receives a Medal, a Monetary Award Prize, and a Diploma.
Some Facts About Nobel Prize In Physics
Let’s check out some quick facts about Nobel Laureates in Physics.
- First Nobel Laureate In Physics is Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen. He hails from Germany. He got the award in 1901.
- In the year 1902, 2 recipients received the Nobel Prize in Physics and in 1903, the Nobel Prize in Physics was awarded to 3 recipients.
- To date, the Nobel Prize in Physics has not been awarded to more than 3 people in a particular year.
- John Bardeen is the only one to win the prize for Physics twice in 1956 and in 1972.
- William Lawrence Bragg is the youngest Nobel laureate to win the prize at the age of 25 in 1915.
- Since the inception of the award, in 120 years 219 individuals have received the Nobel Prize in Physics.
- Nobel Prize in Physics was not awarded for a total of 6 years, due to World War I and World War II.
- The oldest Nobel Prize Laureate is Arthur Ashkin who received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 2018 at the age of 96.
- 47 physics prizes have been awarded to one laureate only, 32 prizes have been shared between two laureates and 36 physics prizes have been shared by three laureates.
- Till now no posthumous Nobel Prizes in Physics have been given.
Nobel Laureates in Physics 2022
Nobel Laureates in Physics 2022 will be announced on Tuesday, 4 October 2022. The venue is The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Sessionssalen, Lilla Frescativägen 4A, Stockholm. Till then let’s have a look at the list of previous years’ awardees.
Nobel Prize Winners in Physics (Last 10 Years)
The complete list of winners of the Nobel Prize in Physics from 2012 to 2021 is provided down below.
Name of the Person
David J. Thouless
F. Duncan M. Haldane
John M. Kosterlitz
Arthus B. McDonald
David J. Wineland
FAQs Related to Nobel Laureates in Physics
It is presented by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
First Nobel Laureate In Physics is Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.
William Lawrence Bragg is the youngest Nobel laureate to win the prize at the age of 25.
Arthur Ashkin is the oldest person to receive Nobel Prize in Physics.
As of 2021, 219 individuals have received the Nobel Prize in Physics.