Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer Eligibility Criteria – Check if you can apply!
The Kerala Public Service Commission conducts the exam for food safety officers. The notification of the KPSC Food Safety Officer exam will be released by the commission soon. Applicants are advised to check the KPSC site to get the Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer Eligibility Criteria.
- The exam is conducted in two phases (a)Written & (b) Document Verification. Applicants need to fulfill the basic eligibility criteria to sit for the exam
- Each category has different age criteria. Candidates must check before applying.
- Cut-off varies each year depending on the number of applicants and the difficulty level of the paper.
Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer Age criteria
The Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer Qualification under the age criteria is: Must not be less than 18 years or more than 36 years of age as of the date mentioned in the notification.
- Applicants applying under the reserved category (Other Backward Classes, Schedule Class, Schedule Tribes) can avail of relaxation in the upper age limit as per the guidelines by the Government of Kerala.
- Differently-abled candidates suffering from relevant disabilities shall be eligible for relaxation in the upper age limit.
- Other Backward Class (Non-creamy layer) – 3 years
- Schedule caste and Schedule Tribe – 5 years
- Ex-servicemen – 5 years
- Differently abled person – 10 years
Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer Education Qualification
The Aspiring applicants for the post of Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer must have a degree from a recognised university by the government of India, Kerala, or any state in any one of these disciplines:
- Dairy Technology or,
- Oil Technology or,
- Food Technology or,
- Biotechnology or,
- Veterinary Sciences or,
- Agricultural Science or,
- Microbiology or,
- Biochemistry or,
- Medicine or,
Or a Master’s degree in Chemistry.
Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer Nationality
- An Indian national or,
- A Nepalese or Bhutanese or,
- Tibetan refugees arrived and settled in India before 1-1-1962 or,
- Migrated to India from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam, as per guidelines of the Government of India, as and when revised.
Kerala Food Safety Officer Exam Pattern
The Kerala PSC FSO Exam is held in two phases. The written exam consists of 100 marks. The second stage is document verification.
Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer Vacancy
The Food Safety Officer Vacancy in Kerala will be notified soon by the Kerala Public Service Commission.
Kerala PSC Food Safety Officer Exam FAQs
Candidates who have attained the age of 18 years and are not above 36 can apply for the post. Reserves candidates can read the article to know more about the reservation.
The commission will release the Kerala PSC Food Safety Cut-off marks few weeks after the exam. The tentative cut-off marks range from 45 to 50.
The applicant must have a degree in Dairy Technology / Oil Technology / Food Technology / Biotechnology / Veterinary Sciences / Agricultural Science / Microbiology / Biochemistry / Medicine or a Master’s degree in Chemistry.
The full mark of the Food Safety Exam paper is 100.
The Food Safety Officer Kerala PSC notification will soon be released by the commission.