Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022
According to the previous official notificationThe Kerala Public Service Commission Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020 official notification was announced in the year 2020. Currently, the Kerala Public Service Commission’s (KPSC) official website has not yet announced the exam dates.At present, no exam dates have been announced. In Kerala, the commission plans to recruit dynamic candidates in the civil cadre for the post of Assistant Engineer (AE).The following article discusses all the important points that candidates should know about the Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 before applying.
|Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 Important Information:|
|Name of Organisation||Kerala Public Service Commission|
|Exam Conducting Body||Kerala PSC|
|Post Name||Assistant Engineer (Civil)|
|Total Vacancies||41 (previous year)|
|Categories||Category I – Direct Recruitment Category II – Direct Recruitment from Departmental Quota|
|Notification Release Date||1st October 2022(as to be announced)|
|Last Date to Apply||4th November 2022 (as to be announced)|
|Admit Card Release Date||To be announced|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
|Result Date||To be announced|
|Mode of Exam||Online (CBT) / Offline (OMR) Direct Recruitment|
- Kerala PSC AE Recruitment 2022 – Vacancy
- Kerala PSC AE Recruitment – Apply Online
- How to Apply Online For Kerala PSC Asst. Engineer Exam?
- Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment – Application Fee
- Kerala PSC Asst. Engineer – Selection Process
- Kerala PSC Asst. Engineer – Eligibility Criteria
- These are the details about the eligibility conditions required for appearing in the Kerala PSC AE Exam 2022:
- Kerala PSC Asst. Engineer – Syllabus 2022
- (A) Mechanics of Solids and Structural Analysis
- (B) Fluid Mechanics and Water Resources Engineering
- (C) Surveying, Quantity Surveying, and Valuation
- (D) Building materials, Construction Technology, Construction Management
- (E) Environmental Engineering
- (F) Design of Structures
- (G) Geotechnical Engineering
- (H) Transportation Engineering and Urban Planning
- (I) Current Affairs
- Exam Pattern for Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment
- Kerala PSC Asst. Engineer Exam Date
- Kerala PSC Asst. Engineer Recruitment – Admit Card
- Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Salary
- Best books for Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer
- “ How did people prepare for the Kerala Public Service Commission Assistant Engineer Exam?
- Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer – Result
- FAQs Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer
Kerala PSC AE Recruitment 2022 – Vacancy
According to the previous official notification, the total number of Vacancies for Kerala PSC AE Recruitment 2020 is 41 posts for different categories. Two types of vacancies are available.Direct recruitment falls under Category 1, and departmental recruitment falls under Category 2.
These are the details about the category wise distribution of the Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Vacancies 2022 through the mentioned table below:
|Assistant Engineer (Civil)||41|
Kerala PSC AE Recruitment – Apply Online
Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements can apply for Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022.To grab this opportunity, the first step towards the recruitment process is applying online for the Assistant Engineer Exam 2022.All the aspirants are required to apply for the exam by visiting the website of the Kerala PSC. Following things are required to apply for the Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022:
- A decent internet connection
- Signature of the candidate
- Passport size photographs of the candidate
- Valid Mobile Number and Email ID
- All other important documents required to fill up the online application form eg: Personal ID, mark sheets etc.
How to Apply Online For Kerala PSC Asst. Engineer Exam?
Following are the steps that candidates need to take in order to apply online for the Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022:
These are the steps to Apply for Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer.
Step 1: Visit the official website
Step 2: The commission’s homepage can be accessed under the One-Time Registration Login area for first-time applicants.
Step 3: On the new webpage of One Time Registration i.e., Thulasi portal,candidates will observe an option of ‘New Registration – Sign Up’, click on it.
Step 4: After Step 3,candidates will be redirected to a new webpage then aspirants have to enter personal details.
Step 5: After the registration process of candidates is done,aspirants need to login on the official website of the Kerala PSC using their own Registration ID and Password.
Step 6: After signing in with your Registered ID and Password,candidates need to go to the ‘Apply Online’ section.
Step 7:Candidates will find the latest application form link under ‘Apply Online’ for Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022. After that, click the ‘submit’ button.
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment – Application Fee
According to the previous official notification, for Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 there will be no fee for the application form of the candidates according to different categories.
Kerala PSC Asst. Engineer – Selection Process
Following the latest notification, the selection process for Kerala Public Service Commission Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 will include two stages: Written Exam and Document Verification. More details regarding Kerala PSC Asst. Engineer selection process are as follows:
- Written testing for AE positions will take place online or offline, pending the commission’s decision.Offline OMR type exam, as decided by the commission.
- The type of questions asked in the exam will be objective-based or multiple-choice questions (MCQ) type.
- The aspirants selected through the written exam will be called for the document verification process.
Documents Required for Kerala PSC AE
Following are the documents needed for the Kerala PSC Asst. Engineer Exam 2022 candidate verification process:
- 10th &10+2 Marksheet along with a certificate for age declaration purposes.
- 2 passport size photographs.
- Required documents which were submitted at the time of application fill-up.
- For category II recruitment, candidates must possess the service certificate obtained from the head of their department in order to prove the time span of their service.
- Admit card of the examination.
- Valid ID proof.
- Domicile certificate.
- Certificate/ Diploma of any other qualification.
- Online application form submission documents.
- Community / Category certificate as per the norms.
- Certificates of conduct.
Kerala PSC Asst. Engineer – Eligibility Criteria
These are the details about the eligibility conditions required for appearing in the Kerala PSC AE Exam 2022:
- For Category I direct recruitment, candidates need to be between the age group of 18 – 36 years as and when the official notification releases. For SC, ST, and OBC categories, there will be the customary age relaxation.
- For Category II, candidates must have completed 18 years of age till 01/01/2022. There is no mention of the upper age limit, but in any case, the age candidates applying for the post must exceed 50 years.
(i) A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from one of Kerala’s universities or a certificate recognised as equivalent is required.
(ii)In Civil Engineering, Associate Membership of the Institution of Engineers in India.
Other Eligibility Requirements
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates must be in good health and have good habits, character, and behaviour.
- There should be no criminal charges brought against the candidates who are applying for the job in any court..
Kerala PSC Asst. Engineer – Syllabus 2022
The Kerala PSC AE Syllabus 2022 in order to start their preparation appropriately.
In accordance with the official notification, the Kerala PSC AE Exam syllabus will include:
(A) Mechanics of Solids and Structural Analysis
- Concept of stress and strain,
- Bending moment and shear force,
- Stresses in beams,
- Deflection of beams,
- Theory of columns,
- Truss analysis,
- Dynamic displacement response of statically determined structural systems,
- Principle of virtual work,
- Statically indeterminate structures,
- Strain Energy methods,
- Moving loads and influence lines, Arches.
- Slope Deflection Method,
- Moment Distribution Method,
- Clapeyron’s Theorem (Three Moment Equation),
- Kani’s method of analysis.
(B) Fluid Mechanics and Water Resources Engineering
- Fluid Statics- Fluid pressure, Buoyancy, and floatation,
- Fluid Kinematics,
- Dynamics of fluid flow,
- Flow-through orifice and notches,
- Flow-through pipes,
- Boundary layer,
- Drag and Lift on immersed bodies.
- Hydraulic machines- flow through veins (moving and stationary)
- Impulse and reaction Turbines, Centrifugal Pumps,
- Open channel flow, Uniform flow,
- Model testing, hydraulic jump, and graduated flow.
- Analysing and measuring the hydrologic cycle, precipitation, infiltration, and evaporation.
- Runoff-components and computation,
- Hydrograph, Unit Hydrograph, and S-Hydrograph.
- Irrigation types and methods-Soil water plant relationships,
- Frequency of irrigation,
- Computation of crop water requirement.
- Streamflow measurement -Stage -discharge curve.
- Meandering of rivers, river training works.
- Diversion and storage of surface water, reservoirs – estimation of storage capacity and yield of reservoirs – reservoir sedimentation – useful life of reservoirs. Groundwater – Aquifer types and properties – Steady radial flow into a well.
- Estimation of the yield of an open well.
(C) Surveying, Quantity Surveying, and Valuation
- Basics of Surveying, Levelling and Contouring, Area and Volume Calculation,
- Theodolite Survey, Mass Diagram,
- Theory of Errors,
- Electronic Distance Measurement,
- Total Station Survey,
- Global Positioning Systems,
- Remote Sensing,
- Geographical Information System
- Analysis of rates – Databook and schedule of rates,
- Rates for various items of work, detailed specification.
- Types of Estimate. Detailed estimate including quantities, abstract and preparation of various items of works,
- Arrangement of bar twisting plans for different RCC works.
- Valuation- Methods of valuation, Depreciation,
- Fixation of rent.
(D) Building materials, Construction Technology, Construction Management
- Development Materials – Timber, Mortar, Press and Steel, Basic steel, Present day materials.
- Concrete–Admixtures, Making of concrete, Properties of concrete, Blend proportioning.
- Building development- Establishments, Cost-effective development, Stone work, Lintels, and arches.
- Floors and flooring, Rooftops and roof covers, Entryways, windows, and ventilators, Wrapping up works.
- Tall Buildings – Steel and Concrete outline, Pre-assembled development,
- Slip form construction. Vertical transportation – Stairs, Elevators, Escalators, and Ramps.
- Failures in RCC and Steel constructions, as well as building failures and retrofitting.
- Construction scheduling and planning, construction disputes and resolution
- Ethics in Construction,
- Construction safety,
- Principles of materials management,
- Quality management practices,
- Construction procedures.
(E) Environmental Engineering
- Liquid availability and demand Computation of quantity, population forecasts, and water quality
- Water treatment- Physical methods, Chemical methods.
- Membrane treatment procedures, sedimentation tank design, flocculation, clariflocculator, filters
- Disinfection methods.
- Water distribution, pumps, and the Hardy Cross method of analysis
- Wastewater- Sources, Characteristics, Oxygen demand.
- Design of sewers, Circular sewers, Partial flow, and full flow conditions. Sewer appurtenances, Disposal of wastewater,
- Oxygen sag curve, Streeter Phelps equation Methods of treatment, including aerobic and anaerobic,
- Screening, grit chamber, sedimentation tank, activated sludge process, trickling filter, rotating biological contactor, and other treatment units were designed. Septic tanks, Imhoff tanks, oxidation ditches, oxidation ponds, upflow anaerobic sludge blanket reactors, sludge digestion, and sludge drying beds are all examples of sludge treatment systems.
- Sources of air pollution, human health effects Legislations on air pollution control and air quality.
(F) Design of Structures
- Designing using a limit state, Reinforced rectangular beams analysis, RC beam shear strength, Shear reinforcement design, Length of bond and development Reinforcement reductions,
- Torsion-resistant design One-way slab design, Cantilever slab design, Continuous slab design (details only), Two-way slab design Limiting the state of serviceability, Deflection, Cracking, and the design and finishing of stairwells.
- Axially loaded small columns with rectangular ties and helical reinforcement—effective length design
- Columns that have been compressed Uniaxial and biaxial bending are two types of bending. The use of thin columns in the design Footings for walls/strips – design of footings Cantilever retaining wall design without surcharge, counterfort retaining wall design principles
- udl was used to circular slabs that were simply supported, fixed, and partially fixed.
- Joints, IS code suggestions, design of water tanks, design philosophy, and needs Concrete that has been pre-stressed,
- The concept of prestressing, as well as the materials and procedures for prestressing, are discussed.
- Prestressing systems, prestressing losses, Pre-tensioned beams (rectangular and I-sections) at the transfer and service stages
- Bolted and welded connections, tension and compression members, beams, roof trusses, and purlins are all examples of steel and steel structures. Columns and composite beams are examples of timber structures (concepts only)
(G) Geotechnical Engineering
- India’s major soil deposits, soil classification and the three-phase system,
- Permeability of soils,
- Effective stress principle, Soil shear characteristics,
- Compaction and consolidation (Terzaghi’s theory of one-dimensional consolidation only).
- The Swedish Circle Method and the Friction Circle Method are two methods for determining the stability of finite slopes.
- Stresses in subsoil due to loaded areas of various shapes,
- Boussinesq’s formula,
- Rankine and Coulomb’s theories Rankine’s and Coulomb’s theories Rankine’s and Coulomb’s theories Rankine and Coulomb’s theories Rankine’s
- Bearing capacity of the soil,
- Site investigation, estimating the scale of the settlement
- Standard Penetration Test and Plate load test, Design of shallow, deep and machine foundations,
- Ground improvement techniques.
(H) Transportation Engineering and Urban Planning
- Classification and alignment of highways,
- The geometric design of highways,
- Properties and testing of pavement materials,
- CBR method of flexible pavement design,
- Construction and maintenance of pavements,
- Design of runways, taxiways, and aprons.
- Traffic studies and analysis, as well as traffic control technologies, are all characteristics of traffic.
- Airport characteristics- Aircraft component parts.
- Site selection, terminal area planning, airport marking, and illumination are all things that need to be considered.
- Rules of traffic regulation, Highway capacity, traffic safety, influencing factors, and traffic accident prevention measures Traffic flow diagrams at their most basic.
- Railways: track geometry, railway operation control, and maintenance.
- Alignment, Ventilation, and drainage of tunnels,
- Types of harbours and docks.
- Components of planning, Regional planning, and Planning Goals and Objectives
- Theories of urbanization,
- Study of Urban Forms,
- Town planning acts, zoning, new town development, town development plan
(I) Current Affairs
- The most recent national and international current events news from the previous year.
- Important social welfare systems are run by the federal and state governments.
Exam Pattern for Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment
The exam will be administered in an online manner, using a computer-based test (CBT), or in an offline mode, using an optical mark reader (OMR).The type of the written exam questions will be objective.
Following table to understand the Exam Pattern of Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Written Exam 2022:
|Subject||Total number of Questions||Time Allotted||Negative Marking||Maximum Marks|
|Topics/ Subject as per the syllabus||100||1 hr 15 minutes or 75 minutes||0.33 marks or 1/3rd marks||100|
Kerala PSC Asst. Engineer Exam Date
The KPSC Asst. Engineer Exam Date for the written examination and document verification for the process of Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 will be announced soon by the commission in their official website.
|Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Written Exam Date||To be announced|
|Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Document Verification Date||To be announced|
Kerala PSC Asst. Engineer Recruitment – Admit Card
According to the most recent notification, the Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Admit Card would be released 15 days prior to the exam’s start date.
Candidates should follow the instructions outlined below.:
Step 1:Visit the Kerala Public Service Commission’s official website.
Step 2: Click on one-time registration on the homepage of the commission.
Step 3: Your login details, such as User ID and Password, will be requested on a new webpage.
Step 4: Complete the required captcha and select the ‘login’ option.
Step 5:A new webpage will open, on which you will find a ‘Admit Card’ tab, which you should click.
Step 6: The link ‘Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer (Civil) Admit Card 2022’ will appear.
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Salary
Candidates who are hired as Assistant Engineers by the Kerala Public Service Commission will be paid between INR 39,500 and INR 83,000.The compensation for KPSC Assistant Engineer is based on the 7th pay commission. The candidates will also get additional benefits, perks and allowances as per the norms of the government.
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Job Profile
The 7th pay commission determines the wage for KPSC Assistant Engineers.The responsibilities of candidates hired as Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer are listed below.He or she will be in charge of assisting with project planning, design, and implementation.The budget for the projects should be maintained and reviewed on a regular basis.
Cutoffs for Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment
Generally,the Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Cut-off for Written Exam 2022 will be released by the Kerala Public Service Commission on their official website within a few weeks after the exam has been conducted.As per the previous record aspirant must try to score at least 70 marks.According to the most recent notification, a candidate must score at least 40% of the total marks in the written exam in order to be considered for further review, or 40 points out of 100.
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer – Answer Key
A few weeks following the exam date, the solution key will be posted on the Commission’s official website.Candidates can view their answer which helps candidates to know how much marks they score and carry on their future endeavours based on that.
The ways to get their authorised Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Answer Key 2022 are as follows:
Step 1: Visit the commission’s official website.
Step 2:On the website’s homepage, look for the ‘Online Answer Key’ tab. Select it by clicking on it.
Step 3:Aspirants will be taken to a new website where they may search for ‘Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Answer Key 2022’ mostly in the search field or scroll down to locate it on the same page..
Step 4: After you’ve found the link, click it to get the official answer key.
Best books for Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer
For easy reference, below are some of the top books for Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Exam.Candidates should begin their preparation early with these Kerala PSC AE books in order to pass the exam without difficulty.
|Name of the book||Author/ Publisher|
|Fluid Mechanics||Modi and Seti, KL Kumari, RK Bansal|
|Structural Analysis||RC Hibbeler, Ramamrutham|
|Building Materials||SK Duggal/ New Age International|
|Environmental Engineering||SK Garg|
|RCC||Pilai and Menon, Krishna Raju|
“ How did people prepare for the Kerala Public Service Commission Assistant Engineer Exam?
For Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer 2022, candidates must have a robust preparation strategy on hand. In reality, applicants’ preparations should begin 6-8 months prior to the test and be quite well-structured. The Planning Strategy for Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer 2022 is given below to make your job easier here:
- Candidates should be aware about the Exam Pattern and Syllabus well in advance to keep their preparation accordingly.
- Attempt Mock tests.
- Making notes
Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer – Result
Within the next few weeks of the exam’s start, the Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Result will be issued.After which, the document verification process will be done then after the Final Result of the Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 can be expected within a month.
|Events||Date of Announcement|
|Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Written Examination Results 2022||To be announced|
|Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Final Results 2022||To be announced|
Candidates can check their Results of Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 by following given steps of instructions:
Step 1: Visit the commission’s official website.
Step 2: Go to the website’s homepage and look for the ‘Results’ section.
Step 3: ‘Assistant Engineer (Civil) Results 2022’ can be found or searched for.
Step 4: The PDF of the official results will be downloaded if you select the ‘Download’ option.
FAQs Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer
The salary for Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2022 is between INR 39,500 – 83,000/-.
41 is the total number of Vacancies for Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2020
Generally it will be available 10-15 days prior to the examination on the official website.
No, the applicant shall acquire all the prescribed educational qualifications for the post within the last date fixed in the notification for the receipt of the application prescribed.
When the Kerala Public Service Commission announces a selection for a certain post in the Kerala Gazette or in the PSC Bulletin, News publications, etc., one can apply. The applicant’s candidature in the said selection is only valid if he or she meets all of the selection’s eligibility criteria as well as the application modalities.