The Syllabus and Exam pattern is an important factor for aspirants who are preparing for the job profile of Assistant in Kerala High Court. This article is about the Syllabus and exam patterns for the High Court of Kerala. The Kerala High Court Assistant Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021 PDF consists of the important topics that are asked in each subject important for the objective and descriptive exam.
- The selection process comprises three stages which are objective test, descriptive test, and interview round.
- According to the Kerala High Court Assistant Exam Pattern, the objective exam is an OMR Based exam and carries a total of 100 marks. There are three sections in the exam that need to be attempted in a time duration of 75 minutes.
- The Kerala High Court Assistant Syllabus for the objective exam covers three sections i.e General English, General Knowledge, Basic Mathematics & Reasoning.
Syllabus for Kerala High Court Assistant 2021
The syllabus plays an important role in the preparation of exams if aspirants know the correct syllabus then it is helpful for aspirants otherwise difficult for preparation. So, start the preparation for the upcoming recruitment exam only after getting familiar with the Kerala High Court Assistant Syllabus as it will help in knowing the topics that are important from the exam perspective. With the idea of guiding the students in the right direction, we have shared the syllabus of the Kerala HC Assistant which is beneficial for aspirants.
|Subject||Kerala High Court Assistant Syllabus|
|Basic Mathematics||Pipes and CisternsNumber System – Fractions, DecimalsPermutation and CombinationsTabular FormCaselet FormPartnershipsQuadratic EquationsSpeed, Distance, and TimeLinear EquationsStocks and sharesVolumesPoints, lines, and anglesNumber theoryLCM and HCFSets and Venn DiagramsSimplification and ApproximationRatio and ProportionsPercentageData InterpretationSurds, Indices, Exponents, and PowersMissing Data InterpretationProbabilityRadar/ WebLine ChartPie ChartBar GraphTrigonometryProfit and LossSimple and Compound InterestSurface areaData Sufficiency|
|Reasoning||Mirror ImagesDecision MakingGrouping Identical FiguresProblem on Age CalculationFigure Matrix QuestionsNon-Verbal SeriesBlood RelationsCoding and DecodingNumber SeriesTest of Direction SenseArgumentsInferenceArithmetical ReasoningAnalogyAlphabet SeriesVenn DiagramNumber Ranking|
|General Knowledge||Facts about India & KeralaGeneral Science & Information Technology Current Affairs – National & InternationalGeography Indian GeographyHistory – India & WorldIndian EconomySociety, Culture, Heritage, Arts, and LiteratureScience & TechnologyIndian PolityEnvironmental IssuesInternational Relations and EventsIndian Constitution, etc|
|General English||Idioms and PhrasesSynonymsSentence ArrangementSentence ImprovementFill in the blanksTransformationJoining SentencesSpotting ErrorsError CorrectionAntonymsPassage CompletionActive and Passive VoiceSubstitutionPrepositionsSubstitutionSpelling TestError CorrectionPara Completion|
Exam Pattern for Kerala High Court Assistant 2021
Aspirants should be aware of the exam pattern for Kerala High Court Assistant. This article contains detailed information on the exam structure, maximum marks, duration of exam, and marking scheme. The selection will be on the basis of the Objective Test, Descriptive Test, and Interview. The exam pattern of all the selection rounds is shared below in a detailed manner.
Stage I: Objective Exam
According to the official notification of Kerala High Court Assistant Exam Pattern, in the first selection stage, there will be an objective type test to be answered in the OMR Sheet. The exam pattern is as follow:
- The Mode of the Exam is Offline.
- Question Type: Objective type on OMR Sheet.
- The Paper is in English Medium
- 1 mark will be rewarded for the correct answer.
- 0.25 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
- Total number of Questions: 100.
- Maximum Marks: 100.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General KnowledgeFacts about India & Kerala, Constitution of India, General Science & Information Technology and Current Affairs.||40||40|
|Basic Mathematics & Reasoning||10||10|
Stage II: Descriptive Test
- The Descriptive Test will be done immediately after the Objective Test.
- The maximum marks will be 60 marks on the Descriptive Test.
- The time duration of the exam will be 60 minutes.
- The Descriptive test may be written on separate answer sheets.
- The descriptive test consists of precis, comprehension, and short essays.
- There will be no cut-off marks for the Descriptive Test.
Stage III: Interview
- Only the candidates who qualify in the objective and descriptive test will be called for the interview round.
- The Interview round will carry a total of 10 marks.
- 35% will be the minimum marks for being on the ranked list in the interview.
How to Prepare for Kerala High Court Assistant Exam 2021?
A goal without a plan is just a wish. So, plan an effective strategy to crack the Kerala High Court Assistant Objective Exam in one attempt with the best marks. Below is the list of important preparation tips for the candidates aspiring to appear for the upcoming KHC Assistant recruitment exam.
- Aspirants should start the preparation at least 6-8 months before the exam dates to finish the entire Kerala High Court Assistant Syllabus on time.
- Plan study schedule that covers mock tests & revision for better preparation as it may increase the probability of facing the recruitment process.
- Check Previous Year Kerala High Court Assistant Result to get an idea about the competition level, important topics, and prepare accordingly
- Read newspapers and follow news channels daily as the current affairs question
- Check the Kerala High Court Assistant Exam Pattern to know the exam structure, types of questions, maximum marks, duration of exam, and marking scheme.
- Attempt mock tests regularly to improve speed, accuracy, and overall time management skill.
- Prepare the notes of all the topics and concepts and frequently revise the same.
Recommended Books for Kerala High Court Assistant Exam
Aspirants who are applying for the upcoming Kerala High Court Assistant recruitment should get the best Kerala High Court Assistant books and study material based for preparation. The below table contains information about recommended books for Kerala High Court Assistant recruitment with the specific subjects which is helpful for aspirants
|Mathematics||Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Verma|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||RS Aggarwal|
|General Knowledge||General Knowledge 2021||Manohar Pandey|
|A Survey of Kerala History||A Sreedhara Menon|
|General English||Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Objective General English||SP Bakshi|
|Reasoning||A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R S Aggrawal|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal Analytical||B.S Sijwalii|
FAQs for Kerala High Court Assistant Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2022
Yes, there is an interview stage in the Kerala High Court Assistant recruitment 2021
These are the subject General English, General Knowledge, Basic Mathematics, and Reasoning in the Kerala High Court Assistant Syllabus.
According to the previous official notification, the selection of the aspirants for the post of Assistant in the high court of Kerala will be done on the basis of the marks obtained in the objective test, descriptive test, and interview round.