GI Tag of Uttarakhand: A Journey Through the State’s Rich Cultural Heritage
The traditional goods of Uttarakhand, a Himalayan region, show the region’s rich cultural past. A number of GI (Geographical Indication) tags that highlight the distinctive qualities of the state’s products and their origin have been obtained. We’ll trip through Uttarakhand’s GI tags in this post and examine their importance in marketing the state’s traditional goods and sustaining the livelihood of its farmers and craftspeople. In this article you will learn about the List of GI Tag of Uttarakhand in detail.
What is a GI Tag?
An intellectual property right that identifies a product’s origin and ensures its quality and authenticity is called an GI tag of Uttrakhand. It is given to goods that are created, processed, or prepared in a particular region and have special characteristics or a well-earned reputation that can be attributed to that region. A GI tag guarantees product quality, offers legal protection against copying and imitating, and helps to conserve traditional knowledge and skills.
List of GI Tag OF Uttarakhand
In this section, we have shared a list of GI Tag of Uttarakhand that candidates can check and know in details about the same.
- The GI Tag for Kumaoni Ragi: Kumaoni Ragi is a type of finger millet that is indigenous to Uttarakhand. It has been granted a GI tag that acknowledges its unique taste and nutritional value. Kumaoni Ragi is known for its resistance to pests and diseases and its ability to grow in poor soil conditions. The GI tag has helped in creating a market for Kumaoni Ragi and has increased its demand, providing a source of income to farmers and promoting sustainable agriculture.
- The GI Tag for Uttarakhand Tejpat: Uttarakhand Tejpat is a type of cinnamon that grows in the forests of Uttarakhand. It has a unique aroma and flavor that distinguishes it from other varieties of cinnamon. The GI tag for Uttarakhand Tejpat recognizes the traditional knowledge and practices of the forest dwellers in Uttarakhand who have been using it for centuries. The GI tag has helped in promoting Uttarakhand Tejpat as a premium quality product and has contributed to the conservation of the forests and the livelihood of the forest communities.
- The GI Tag for Uttarakhand Balaunpuri Basmati Rice: Balaunpuri Basmati Rice is a long-grain aromatic rice that is grown in the Balaunpur region of Uttarakhand. It has been granted a GI tag that highlights its unique features such as its aroma, texture, and taste. The GI tag has helped in promoting Balaunpuri Basmati Rice as a premium quality rice and has increased its demand, providing a source of income to farmers and promoting sustainable agriculture.
- The GI Tag for Uttarakhand Woolen Shawls: Uttarakhand Woolen Shawls are handmade shawls that are made from wool sourced from the sheep and goats of Uttarakhand. They are known for their unique designs and warmth. The GI tag for Uttarakhand Woolen Shawls recognizes the traditional knowledge and skills of the weavers who have been making them for generations. The GI tag has helped in promoting Uttarakhand Woolen Shawls as a premium quality product and has provided a source of income to the weavers, supporting the preservation of their cultural heritage.
- The GI Tag for Dehradun Basmati Rice: Dehradun Basmati Rice is a long-grain aromatic rice that is grown in the Dehradun district of Uttarakhand. It has been granted a GI tag that acknowledges its unique features such as its aroma, texture, and taste. The GI tag has helped in promoting Dehradun Basmati Rice as a premium quality rice and has increased its demand, providing a source of income to farmers and prom
Benefits of GI Tag of Uttarakhand
It is very important for the candidates to know about the benefits of GI Tag of Uttarakhand that e have shared in this section:
- GI tags aid in establishing a just pricing system for conventional goods.
- GI Tag of Uttarakhand encourages the fair sharing of income among producers and local communities.
- GI Tags of Uttarakhand contributes to raising the level of living in rural areas.
- The GI Tags give craftspeople’ traditional knowledge and abilities social recognition.
- It aids in luring investments to the traditional industries of the state.
- The reputation and goodwill of the product are protected by the GI tag.
- It helps communities build a sense of pride in their collective identity.
- GI Tags of Uttarakhand enables producers to connect and work together on a platform.
- The state’s economy grows and develops as a result of the GI tag.
- GI Tags aids in maintaining the variety and distinctiveness of Uttarakhand traditional goods.
We hope that our this article was helpful for candidates preparing for various government examinations. To get such more updates you can download our Testbook App.
GI Tag Of Uttarakhand FAQs