GI Tag of Karnataka: Check the Complete List of GI Tags in Karnataka Here!!
A type of intellectual property protection known as the Geographical Indication (GI) tag is used to protect the distinctive identification of goods that are created or produced in a particular geographic area. With the aid of this tag, buyers may recognise and select goods that are of a certain quality and stand out from the competition on the market. Products with certain traits, attributes, or reputations that can be linked to their country of origin are given the GI tag.
The southern Indian state Karnataka has a rich and varied cultural legacy, which is seen in its cuisine, handicrafts, textiles, and other goods. The state has received numerous GI tags for its distinctive goods that are well-known both domestically and abroad. These goods are well-known for their high caliber, authenticity, and use of conventional production techniques. In this post, we’ll examine some of the most well-known GI labels applied to Karnataka-produced goods.
List of GI Tags in Karnataka
In this section, we’ll look at the list of GI Tags in Karnataka and have a closer look at some of the well-known goods that have received this prestigious honor. The GI tag of Karnataka is a useful tool that not only promotes these products’ economic value and helps the makers obtain recognition and market share, but also helps to maintain their identity and tradition. Some of the GI Tag of Karnataka here.
- Mysore Silk.
- Channapatna Toys & Dolls.
- Mysore Rosewood Inlay.
- Kasuti Embroidery.
- Mysore Traditional Paintings.
- Ilkal Sarees.
- Ganjifa Cards of Mysore.
- Navalgund Durries.
- Karnataka Bronzeware.
- Sandur Lambani Embroidery.
- Kinhal Toys.
- Udupi Sarees.
- Mysore Silk (Logo).
- Coorg Orange.
- Mysore Betel leaf.
- Nanjangud Banana.
- Udupi Mallige.
- Mysore Mallige.
- Hadagali Mallige.
- Coorg Green Cardamom.
- Devanahalli Pomelo.
- Appemidi Mango.
- Kamalapur Red Banana.
- Bangalore Blue Grapes.
- Coorg Arabica Coffee.
- Chikmagalur Arabica Coffee.
- Bababudangiri Arabica Coffee.
- Sirsi Supari.
- Gulbarga Tur Dal.
- Dharwad Pedha.
- Mysore Agarbathi.
- Mysore Sandalwood Oil.
- Mysore Sandal Soap.
Benefits of GI Tag Products of Karnataka
A product may have the Geographical Indication (GI) tag to show that it possesses distinctive qualities, a solid reputation, and other characteristics that can be linked to its country of origin. The Government of India awards the GI tag of Karnataka, which is a useful instrument for encouraging and protecting the cultural heritage of the state of Karnataka. The following are some advantages of GI tag of Karnataka:
- Protects the product’s originality and authenticity: The GI tag of Karnataka makes sure that a certain item is original and authentic and cannot be copied by other manufacturers outside the specified area. The cultural heritage and traditional knowledge connected to the product are preserved thanks to this protection.
- Increases the economic value of the product: GI tag of Karnataka gives the product a competitive advantage in the market, increasing its economic value. When purchasing authentic, high-quality goods, consumers are willing to pay a premium, which helps producers make more money.
- Promotes Tourism: Tourism is promoted by GI tag of Karnataka by drawing tourists who are eager to experience the distinctive culture and customs connected to the product. By bringing in money for local companies like hotels, restaurants, and gift stores, this serves to strengthen the community’s economy.
- Legal protection: The GI tag offers legal defense against the product name being used without authorization or any other form of deception. This assures that consumers are receiving a real product and helps to prevent fraud.
- Supports rural development: The certification helps to sustain the livelihoods of rural communities who produce many of the products that are given GI tags. The acceptance of these products on the market promotes the growth of rural economies and chances for employment.
Significance of GI Tag Products of Karnataka
The value of GI tags resides in their capacity to advance and protect the distinct intellectual property, cultural assets, and regional economic growth. The certification offers the goods legal protection, improves quality, and aids in the development of a specialised market. We have shared the significance of GI Tag products OF Karnataka in the pointers below
- Preservation of Cultural Heritage: Products with a distinctive origin, traditional knowledge, and cultural significance are given GI tags. These goods have enormous cultural value since they are frequently firmly ingrained in the history and traditions of a particular area. GI tags aid in preserving and safeguarding this heritage for upcoming generations.
- Intellectual property protection: GI tags give product manufacturers legal defense against unauthorized use of the brand name, logo, or any other deception. This helps to prevent the exploitation of the product’s reputation and guarantees that the producers have the sole right to use the product name.
- Boost to Rural Economy: GI tags are given to many products that are manufactured by small, rural towns, which benefits the local economy. The popularity of these products on the market contributes to the growth of rural economies, employment prospects, and local enterprises.
- Promotes Quality: Goods with GI tags are renowned for their distinctive qualities, reputation, and quality. By maintaining and promoting these standards, certification aids in guaranteeing that consumers receive high-quality goods that live up to their expectations.
- Marketing and branding: GI tags serve as a tool for the items’ marketing and branding. The accreditation aids in setting the product apart from competing items with similar functions and functions on the market.
We Hope that our article on GI Tag products of Karnataka was helpful for the candidates to learn about the topics, to get such more topics you can visit our official website or you can download our Testbook App as well.
GI Tag Of Karnataka FAQs