GI Tag of Bihar: Download the Complete GI Tags List of Bihar Now
Bihar is renowned for its traditional crafts and distinctive agricultural products. It is one of India’s oldest and most culturally diverse states. For a number of its products, the state has been successful in gaining Geographical Indication (GI) tags that identify their distinctive origin and distinctive qualities. The GI tag is a certification that shows a product is from a particular area and has distinctive attributes, traits, or a reputation that can be traced back to that area. In this post, we’ll talk about Bihar’s GI-tagged products and how important they are to promoting the state’s cultural heritage and economic development.
What is a GI Tag?
The Geographical Indication (GI) label is a certification that shows a product is from a particular area and has special attributes, traits, or a reputation distinctive to that area. The GI tag offers these products legal protection from copying, misusing, and unauthorized use, thereby promoting and safeguarding the traditional and cultural legacy attached to them. The Geographical Indications Registry, an independent agency under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, is responsible for awarding the GI tag. The GI tag is a tool that aids in the promotion and protection of a region’s traditional goods, as well as aiding in the region’s economic development by increasing the marketability of those goods.
GI Tag List of Bihar
The state has been successful in securing Geographical Indication (GI) tags for several of its products, indicating their unique origin and special characteristics. The GI tag is a certification that identifies a product as originating from a specific region and possessing unique qualities, characteristics, or reputation attributable to that region. In this article, we will discuss the GI tag products of Bihar and their significance in promoting the state’s cultural heritage and economic growth.
- Madhubani Paintings.
- Applique (Khatwa) Work of Bihar.
- Sujini Embroidery Work of Bihar.
- Sikki Grass Products of Bihar.
- Bhagalpur Silk.
- Applique (Khatwa) Work of Bihar (Logo).
- Sikki Grass Products of Bihar (Logo).
- Sujini Embroidery Work of Bihar(Logo).
- Bhagalpuri Zardalu.
- Katarni Rice.
- Maghai Paan.
- Shahi Litchi of Bihar.
- Silao Khaja.
Significance of GI Tag in Bihar
The GI tag is a useful tool for encouraging and preserving a region’s traditional goods, and Bihar is no exception. The following are some of the key advantages of GI tags in Bihar:
- Protecting traditional Knowledge: Bihar is a land with a rich cultural legacy, and many of its traditional goods have been handed down through the years. The GI tag guarantees that these inherited knowledge and abilities are shielded from exploitation and unauthorized use by others.
- Promoting Economic Growth: Bihar’s GI-tagged products have the potential to make considerable economic contributions. These products can be promoted in both home and foreign markets thanks to the GI tag’s recognition of them.
- Boosting Employment: The production of GI tag products requires a specialized skill set, which creates employment opportunities in rural areas where these products are traditionally produced. This not only helps in sustaining the traditional craft but also provides a livelihood for the people involved.
- Increasing Tourism: Many of the GI tag products of Bihar have a unique story associated with them. Promoting these products can help to showcase the culture and traditions of Bihar, which in turn can attract tourists to the state.
- Preserving Biodiversity: The GI tag products of Bihar are often linked to the specific geographical regions where they are produced. The promotion of these products can lead to the preservation of the local biodiversity, as it encourages the production of crops and livestock specific to the region.
Benefits of GI Tag in Bihar
In this section, we have shared the list of the Benefits of GI Tag in Bihar that you can note down for your reference.
- Creates employment opportunities for people in rural areas.
- Helps to sustain traditional crafts.
- Provides a livelihood for the people involved.
- Ensures high-quality production of traditional products.
- Maintains the reputation of traditional products.
- Helps to create a niche market for traditional products.
We hope that your article regarding the GI Tag in Bihar was helpful for the candidates, To get such updates on various competitive examinations you can download our Testbook App.