Current Affairs 6 May 2022 – Get All The Recent News Here!
Current Affairs 6 May 2022: Current Affairs are so important in any competitive exam. Many questions are asked in the examination from static awareness as well as current affairs. So, it becomes important for the candidates to be updated with all the recent updates or news. It will help them to attempt questions from the current affairs section in the examination. To help you prepare for the competitive exams, we are going to cover the Current Affairs 6th May 2022 in this article. Read this article completely to get the updates on all the important current affair news 6 May 2022.
Check out the List of Rivers of India from here!
- Current Affairs 6 May 2022 – Top 5 Current Affairs of The Day
- Download Current Affairs 6 May 2022 PDF
- Odisha to establish India’s First Tribal Health Observatory
- IIT Bombay Collaborated With India Meteorological Department (IMD) For Developing Weather Forecasting App
- Two Indian-American technocrats have been put among the top 50 IT leaders of the year
- Ronnie O’Sullivan wins the record and seizes the seventh World Snooker title
- Tokyo Olympian Kamalpreet Kaur was suspended after testing positive for a banned drug
Current Affairs 6 May 2022 – Top 5 Current Affairs of The Day
Go through the below-highlighted news to get the exam-relevant news of 6 May 2022 Current Affairs.
Odisha to establish India’s First Tribal Health Observatory
- The Government of Odisha has recently released the news that it will set up India’s First Tribal Health Observatory (TriHob) in Odisha. This observatory will establish a repository on the health of the tribal population in Odisha state. The TriHob is the “first in the country”.
- It will be going to perform systematic and ongoing observation of the burden of the diseases, and the healthcare delivery system related to tribal health. It will also observe the health-seeking behavior in Odisha state
- The MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) was signed between the SC and ST Development Department and the RMRC (Regional Medical Research Centres). The Tribal Health Observatory is designed to be a policy-oriented and evidence-based centre.
IIT Bombay Collaborated With India Meteorological Department (IMD) For Developing Weather Forecasting App
- To develop smart climate solutions in cities, villages, and districts, the IIT Bombay has tied up/collaborated with the IMD. The IMD stands for India Meteorological Department)
- This collaboration will help in weather forecasting. It will also result in information-based smart applications for agriculture, health, irrigation, and so on.
- The aim of the IIT is to contribute to the country’s mission and achieve the net zero target by 2070. For this aim, the institute also plans to establish a Centre of Excellence in Climate Solutions and Services.
Two Indian-American technocrats have been put among the top 50 IT leaders of the year
- Krishna Kumar Edathil from Texas and Nikhil Deshpande from Georgia, the two Indian-American technocrats, have made it to the StateScoop Top 50 2022 list.
- The StateScoop 50 Awards are given annually to honor the brightest, most talented, and the best who put in efforts and make the state government more effective and efficient.
- Krishna Kumar Edathil from Texas has been given the State IT Leader Award of the Year and Nikhil Deshpande from Georgia has been congratulated for the State Leadership of the Year.
Ronnie O’Sullivan wins the record and seizes the seventh World Snooker title
- Ronnie O’Sullivan beat his competitor Judd Trump 18-13 in the final, in May 2022, and seized the World Snooker Championship title for the 7th time.
- With this title, Ronnie O’Sullivan equaled the record held by Stephen Hendry who won in 1990 at the age of 21 and had claimed an unprecedented five world titles in a row.
- Ronnie O’Sullivan after winning the seventh world title says “I could play to my mid-50s”.
Tokyo Olympian Kamalpreet Kaur was suspended after testing positive for a banned drug
- The World Athlete body on Wednesday confirmed that the Indian discus thrower Kamalpreet Kaur has been provisionally suspended by the AIU (Athletics Integrity Unit) after testing positive for a banned drug (Stanozolol).
- Kamalpreet Kaur with a best throw of 63.70m had finished a commendable sixth in the women’s discus throw final at Tokyo Olympics 2020.
- At the Indian Grand Prix, the 26 years old Kamalpreet Kaur is also a national record holder with a throw of 66.59m.
Check out the Factors which cause Inflation in the linked article!
We hope that you must have got all the important updates on Current Affairs 6 May 2022. If you have any queries or concerns regarding the current affair news 6 May 2022, please do not hesitate to connect with us. We will help you to get all your queries sorted and enhance your general knowledge.