Airport Ground Staff Salary In India: Check Salary Structure, Benefits, Career Prospectus Etc!
The future of today’s youth in the aviation business is extremely bright. The aviation industry has seen an increase in job prospects due to the rise of privately owned carriers. One of them is the post of Ground Staff. Airlines that employ people at airports rather than in aircraft hire them. They are the individuals controlling flights at the airports around the clock. The candidate must pass their class 12th test or be a graduate in any stream from an accredited university in order to pursue a career as ground staff in the aviation business. The category of Ground Staff also includes the technicians and maintenance staff. Before takeoff, they check the plane to make sure it is in good operating order, has enough fuel, etc. In this article, we will be talking about Airport Ground Staff Salary in detail.
Average Airport Ground Staff Salary
An airport ground worker newcomer may earn up to 21,000 INR per month. The average compensation typically relies on the individual’s job description and the airline company. A person’s compensation rises as they gain experience. The following job profiles for airport ground workers have the following typical salaries:
INR 1,50,000 per annum
Mid Level Salary
INR 2,75,000 per annum
Higher Level Salary
INR 5,85,000 per annum
Airport Ground Staff: Job Responsibilities
There are certain job responsibilities that are to be performed by an Airport Ground Staff. Here, below we have mentioned all those responsibilities.
- Any type of activity that is necessary to protect the interests of the air traveler after his or her jet has landed on the airstrip is included in the job description for airport ground staff. The first step of their job is to safely collect the luggage from the cargo and deliver it to its rightful owner.
- While some ground personnel is in charge of examining, stowing away, and transferring luggage, others load the aircraft with food and drink that is served during the flight.
- The duties of the airport ground crew also include keeping in constant contact with passengers to respond to inquiries and disseminate information regarding flight schedules, delays, and any other general concerns the passenger may have prior to boarding.
- They are also responsible for management, upkeep, and passenger and airport security. They ensure that the guests’ journey is trouble-free for the entire duration of their trip.
- In order to make sure that passengers have a safe and comfortable trip, airport ground staff collaborates with the aircraft, crew, and customers.
Airport Ground Staff: Benefits
Apart from the salaries given to the Airport Ground Staff employees they also receive some perks and benefits. Some of the benefits are mentioned below.
- All employees have access to purchasing flights for both their own usage and that of their families. (Allocations provided in accordance with Company Policy).
- Benefit of life insurance.
- Advantages of health insurance.
- Only the girls will be given the pick and choose by the airline. (However, boys can occasionally receive this bonus, though not at every station.)
- For their employees, airlines occasionally offer pick-and-drop.
Airport Ground Staff: Career Prospectus
In the previous 5 to 6 years, there has been an exponential increase in domestic and international air traffic, leading to a flood-like situation in the civil aviation industry. Every few weeks, the Ministry of Civil Aviation releases new regulations on the construction of new airports, the upgrading of existing airports, and the rationalization of flight fares to make them more appealing. As a result, there is a significant need for experienced airport ground staff.
A certified airport ground staff has numerous work options in both the public and private sectors. One can work in many positions in ground staffing for Air India, the AirPort authority of India, or any of the major private players in the market, including Jet Airways and Go Air. Global players in the aviation industry may hire experts with multilingual skills.