World Athletics Day Quiz 2023: Check Questions And Answers, Objectives & History
The International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) established World Athletics Day, which is observed on May 7. People can preserve their health and prevent sickness by participating in sports and exercise. World Athletics Day promotes the use of physical activities, particularly athletics, to maintain good health. The IAAF hosts a number of competitions and tournaments on this day to encourage people to participate in sports and exercise.
Athletics is a physical activity-based sport that includes running, jumping, throwing, and walking. People of various ages and skill levels can participate in this sport, and it is well known to offer several health advantages. Athletic participation can build bones and muscles, increase cardiovascular health, improve general physical fitness, and improve mental wellness. Sports also encourage discipline, sportsmanship, and teamwork, all of which are important life lessons.
World Athletics Day: Overview
Here, below you, will get an overview of World Athletics Day which will include the objectives and history of the day.
- Boosting sports’ acceptance among young people.
- Promoting and making athletics the main sport at educational facilities is a good idea.
- Raising sports-related awareness among the general public and developing in young people a value for sports.
- To establish a solid connection between sports, children, and environmental preservation.
- Primo Nebiolo, president of the International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF), established this day as a national holiday in 1996. Every year, all high schools and universities host sporting competitions that are sponsored by the World Athletics Federation and the International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF).
- The International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) was established in 1912 to coordinate different athletic competitions.
- The International Association of Athletics Federations replaced the International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) in 2001. And World Athletics was once more given the name in 2019.
World Athletics Day Quiz 2023 Questions And Answers
Ques 1. LeBron James has earned just about every accomplishment imaginable in his sport. What does he play?
Ques 2. Even as he ages, Tom Brady continues to mesmerize fans of which sport?
Ques 3. Which boxer proclaimed, “I am the greatest”?
- Muhammad Ali
- Floyd Patterson
- Leon Spinks
Ans: Muhammad Ali
Ques 4. Who was the first sports millionaire?
- Willie Mays
- Bjorn Borg
Ques 5. Most indoor athletics tracks have a length of
- 200 meters
- 300 meters
- 400 meters
Ans: 200 meters
Ques 6. The champion runner Paavo Nurmi was born in
Ques 7. Credited with breaking the “color barrier” in baseball by becoming the first African American to play in the major leagues, Jackie Robinson played for which team?
- Baltimore Orioles
- Brooklyn Dodgers
- New York Yankees
Ans: Brooklyn Dodgers
Ques 8. How many Olympic gold medals did Carl Lewis win?
Ques 9. In what sport did Dan Gable win all but six competitions?
Ques 10. Which of these athletes was an American Indian from Oklahoma?
- Jack Tunney
- Jim Thorpe
- Jack Dempsey
Ans: Jim Thorpe
Ques 11. What event involves throwing a heavy ball?
- Shot Put
- 100-meter dash
- High Jump
- Long Jump
Ans: Shot Put
Ques 12. What are the numbers of players on each side in Water Polo?