Panchayat Secretary Salary: Check Basic Pay, Allowances With Job Profile & Promotion Etc!
The role of a Panchayat Secretary is crucial in supporting the functioning of rural governance and local administration. If you’re interested in pursuing a career as a Panchayat Secretary, it’s essential to have a comprehensive understanding of the salary structure, promotion prospects, job responsibilities, transfer and posting, and other relevant aspects. In this article, we will delve into the details of the Panchayat Secretary’s salary, promotion opportunities, job profile, and frequently asked questions.
Panchayat Secretary Salary Breakup
The salary of a Panchayat Secretary includes various components, such as basic pay, HRA, transport allowance, dearness allowance, and other allowances. The table below shows the salary breakup of a Panchayat Secretary:
Amount (in Rs.)
20,000 – 60,000
2,400 – 7,200
1,600 – 3,200
4,800 – 14,400
5,000 – 10,000
33,800 – 95,200
Note: The above-mentioned salary breakup is an estimate and may vary depending on the state and location of the Panchayat Secretary.
Panchayat Secretary Job Profile
The job profile of a Panchayat Secretary involves various responsibilities, such as maintaining the records of the Panchayat, preparing the budget, supervising the work of other employees, and assisting the Panchayat in decision-making. Some of the key duties of a Panchayat Secretary include:
- Record Keeping: Maintaining all the records of the Panchayat, such as birth and death records, land records, and revenue records.
- Budget Preparation: Preparing the annual budget of the Panchayat and ensuring that all expenditures are within the budgetary limits.
- Supervision: Supervising the work of other employees and ensuring that all the work is completed on time.
- Decision Making: Assisting the Panchayat in making decisions and proposing suggestions to enhance the Panchayat’s performance.
Panchayat Secretary Promotion And First Promotion
The promotion policy for Panchayat Secretaries varies from state to state. However, the general promotion policy is as follows:
- Junior Assistant: A Panchayat Secretary is appointed as a Junior Assistant and can be promoted to the post of Senior Assistant after completing a certain number of years in service.
- Head Assistant: After completing a certain number of years in service as a Senior Assistant, a Panchayat Secretary can be promoted to the post of Head Assistant.
- Deputy Secretary: After completing a certain number of years in service as a Head Assistant, a Panchayat Secretary can be promoted to the post of Deputy Secretary.
- Secretary: After completing a certain number of years in service as a Deputy Secretary, a Panchayat Secretary can be promoted to the post of Secretary.
The first promotion for a Panchayat Secretary is usually from the post of Junior Assistant to the post of Senior Assistant.
Panchayat Secretary Transfer And Posting
The transfer and posting of a Panchayat Secretary are generally done by the Panchayat Raj Department of the respective state. A Panchayat Secretary can be transferred to another Panchayat within the same district or to a different district, depending on the requirement.
What Is The Post of Panchayat Secretary?
The post of Panchayat Secretary is a government job, and the salary is determined by the respective state government. The salary of a Panchayat Secretary may vary depending on the location and state of employment.