Check out Important National Unity Day Quiz Questions to Upscale your Knowledge
National Unity Day Quiz: Rashtriya Ekta Diwas, or National Unity Day, is observed on October 31st each year in India to commemorate Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s birth anniversary. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, popularly known as the “Unifier of India,” helped to unite India’s 565 princely states. This article will provide you with National Unity Day Quiz questions and answers, as well as other information.
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was a member of India’s Constituent Assembly and was active in the Independence movement.
- On October 31, 2014, Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared National Unity Day to honour Sardar Patel.
- National Unity Day commemorates the efforts of this great man, who was also India’s first Deputy Prime Minister.
Diwali Quiz Questions with Answers – Read to Know More!
Read this article to attempt the National Unity Day Quiz questions and to prepare for competitive exams.
National Unity Day Overview
Below is given the National Unity Day overview:
|Event||National Unity Day|
|Date||October 31, 2022|
|Importance||The day recognises the inherent strength and resilience of our nation to withstand actual and potential threats to our country’s unity, integrity, and security.|
National Unity Day Quiz
Below are given 10+ National Unity Day Quiz questions with answers. This quiz on National Unity Day will help you bolster your knowledge.
1. What was Shri Vallabhbhai Patel’s full name?
(a) Vallabh Bhai Jhaverbhai Patel
(b) Sardar Patel
(c) Vallabhbhai Patel
(d) None of these
2.Which of the following statements about Shri Vallabhbhai Patel is false?
(a) Sardar Patel was the first Deputy Prime Minister, the first Home Minister, the first Information Minister, and the first Minister of State for Independent India.
(b) Ahmedabad was the birthplace of Vallabhbhai Jhaverbhai Patel.
(c) Sardar Patel’s father was Jhaverbhai Patel, and his mother was Ladba Devi.
(d) Sardar Patel is also known as India’s Iron Man.
3. When is India’s “National Unity Day” observed?
(a) 15 August
(b) 25 December
(c) 31 October
(d) 26 January
4. Which of the following statements about the ‘Statue of Unity’ is false?
(a) Gujarat’s ‘Statue of Unity’ is located in the Narmada district.
(b) It is the same height as the Statue of Liberty.
(c) On October 31, 2018, the Statue of Unity was dedicated to the nation.
(d) The Statue of Unity stands approximately 182 metres tall (597 ft).
5. Sardar Patel received the title of Sardar during which movement?
(a) Salt Satyagraha
(b) Operation Polo
(c) Quit India Movement
(d) Bardoli Satyagraha
6. Who bestowed the title Sardar on Vallabhbhai Patel?
(a) Subhash Chandra Bose
(b) Mahatma Gandhi
(c) Bardoli women
(d) Sarojini Naidu
7. Sardar Patel carried out which operation to make Hyderabad State a part of the Indian Republic?
(a) Operation Blue Star
(b) Operation Polo
(c) Operation seize
(d) Operation Unity
8. Sardar Patel received the Bharat Ratna award in what year?
9. When was Sardar Patel appointed President of Congress for the first time?
10. Who was India’s first Home Minister?
(a) Guljari Lal Nanda
(b) Sardar Patel
(c) Jawahar Lal Nehru
(d) Govind Ballabh Pant
11. Take a look at the following statements about Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
1. In August 1910, he travelled to London to study at the Middle Temple.
2. In February 1913, he returned to India and settled in Ahmadabad.
3. After being influenced by Mohandas K. Gandhi, his life changed in 1917.
Which of the statements below is true?
(a) Both 1 and 2
(b) Both 1 and 3
(c) Both 2 and 3
(d) 1, 2 and 3
- World Water Day Speech in English- Check Out 10 Lines, Short & Long Speech!
- Science in Everyday Life Speech- Check Out 10 Lines, Short & Long Speech!
- CISF Raising Day Speech- Check Out 10 Lines, Short & Long Speech!
- BPSC 69th Notification 2023: Eligibility, Selection Process,etc
- CUET Test Practice Centres| Check Out the Major Cities
- International Mother Language Day Speech – Check Out 10 Lines, Short & Long Speech!
About Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, India’s former Deputy Prime Minister, is commemorated on National Unity Day. He was a powerful politician who was also instrumental in the country’s integration. Unity Day was first observed on October 31, 2014, the 139th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, after Prime Minister Narendra Modi declared the day.
- On October 31, 1875, he was born in Gujarat.
- In 1991, he was posthumously awarded the highest civilian honour, the ‘Bharat Ratna.’
- Sardar Patel is known as the “Iron Man of India” and the “Unifier of India” because of his efforts to unite the country.
- The women of Bardoli bestowed upon him the title of ‘Sardar’ or ‘Chief.’
- Vallabh Bhai Patel was Independent India’s first Deputy Prime Minister and then Home Minister.
- Gujarat built the Statue of Unity to honour Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel.
Hope you found this article on the National Unity Day Quiz helpful.
National Unity Day Quiz FAQs
The first National Unity Day was observed in 2014.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was known as the “Iron Man of India.”
The purpose of National Unity Day is to remember Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s contribution to the unity of India.
Every Indian citizen is inspired by the strength of national unity. The day recognises our nation’s inherent strength and resilience in the face of actual and potential threats to our country’s unity, integrity, and security.
According to reports, PSUs spent nearly Rs. 2500 crore to build the ‘Statue of Unity.’