The government has issued an official call for nominations for the Nari Sakti Puraskar 2023. The government has made concerted efforts in recent years to recognise and encourage women to participate in all spheres, and women’s issues have gained utmost importance and focused attention. “Nari Shakti Puraskars” will highlight the government’s commitment to women in order to strengthen their position in society. Candidates can register for the Nari Shakti Puraskar Nominations 2023 on the official website.
You can check your eligibility, application process, and selection process for Nari Shakti Puraskar Nominations 2023 in this article. Continue reading this article to obtain more information.
Nari Shakti Puraskar Overview
In the following table given below, Nari Shakti Puraskar Nominations 2023 Overview is given:
|Name of the Organisation||Ministry of Women and Child Development|
|Name of the Award||Nari Shakti Puraskar|
|Number of Awards||15|
|Nomination Start Date||01/07/2022|
|Nomination End Date||31/10/2022|
|Award Distribution||3rd March every year|
Nari Shakti Puraskar Nominations 2023: Eligibility Criteria
Check out the eligibility criteria for Nari Shakti Puraskar given below:
- Individuals are only eligible for the awards.
- Applicants must be at least 25 years old on July 1st of the award year.
- The applicant should not have previously received the same award (including Stree Shakti Puraskars as were awarded by the Ministry earlier).
- The Nari Shakti Puruskar may be awarded to individuals for outstanding work, preferably in exceptional circumstances, in the areas of economic and social empowerment of women, or pertaining to or incidental to this theme.
- Individuals who have encouraged women to participate in decision-making roles; encouraged women’s skill development in traditional and non-traditional sectors; facilitated basic amenities for rural women; and promoted women in non-traditional sectors such as science and technology, sports, art, culture, concretely and significantly towards safety and security, health and wellness, education, skill development, life skills, respect and dignity may be awarded the Nari Shakti Puruskar.
- An award may also be given to a state or union territory that has significantly improved its child-to-parent ratio (CSR).
- Normally, awards will not be presented posthumously, except in cases where death occurred after a proposal was submitted to the Ministry in the manner specified in these guidelines.
Nari Shakti Puraskar 2023 Nominations Application Process
To participate in the Nari Shakti Puraskar Nominations, please follow the steps below:
- To register, go to the Nari Sakti Puraskar nominations direct registration link provided.
- Then select Create New Account.
- After that, fill out all of the required information and click “submit.”
- Then you can finish the rest of the application and save the application form for future use.
Nari Shakti Puraskar Nominations Selection Process
The nominations for the Nari Shakti Puraskar were chosen in the following manner:
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development will form a Screening Committee to examine and shortlist the Nari Shakti Puraskar Nominations received for the Awards, taking into account the achievements of the applying/recommended individuals:
|Joint Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development||Chairperson, ex-officio|
|Domain expert in the field of women issues/gender expert, Ministry of Women and Child Development||Member|
|Director/ DS level officer, Ministry of Urban Development, Rural Development, Health, Panchayati Raj, Home Affairs, NITI Aayog.||Member|
|Representative of CII and FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO)||Member|
|Concerned Director/ Deputy Secretary, Ministry of Women and Child Development||Member Secretary|
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development will form a Selection Committee to select the awardees based on the Screening Committee’s recommendations:
|Hon’ble Minister for Women and Child Development||Chairperson, ex-officio|
|Hon’ble Minister of State for Women and Child Development||Member, ex-officio|
|Secretary, Ministry of Women & Child Development||Member, ex-officio|
|Special or Additional Secretary, Ministry of Women & Child Development||Member, ex-officio|
|Secretary or his nominee from Ministry of Rural Development||Member, ex-officio|
|Five National level eminent Individuals/ Representatives of Institutions of National Importance/ Representatives of relevant Ministries/ Departments||Co-opted members|
|Joint Secretary (Women Awards), Ministry of Women & Child Development||Member-Secretary|
Who is Eligible to Submit a Nari Shakti Puraskar Nominations?
Nominations for the award will be accepted from the following sources: 1. State governments, union territory administrations, and concerned Central Ministries/Departments.
2. Non-profit organisations, universities/institutions, private and public sector enterprises (PSUs).
3. With sufficient justification, the Selection Committee may also recommend an individual/institution for the award.
4. Both self-nominations and recommendations for the awards will be considered.
Number of Nari Shakti Puraskar Prize:
There would be 15 awardees distributed, and the awards would include:
- A certificate
- Cash prize of ₹2,00,000
Hope you found this article on Nari Shakti Puraskar Nominations 2023 interesting. Check out the JEE Advanced Zone Wise Rank List 2022.
Nari Shakti Puraskar Nominations 2023 FAQs:
Individual awardees must be over the age of 30 on January 1st of the year for which the award is being given. More information can be found in the preceding article.
The Nari Shakti Puraskars will highlight the government’s commitment to women in order to strengthen their position in society.
The application must be submitted by October 31st, 2023.
A candidate will receive a certificate and a total of $200,000.00.
It is recommended that you read the preceding article for step-by-step instructions on how to apply for the Nari Shakti Puraskar Nominations 2023.