MEDISEP Kerala- Health Insurance for Pensioners and Govt. Employees
MEDISEP Kerala latest news: MEDISEP Medical Insurance is a health insurance policy in Kerala. The Government launched this scheme for Government employees and pensioners. It stands for Medical Insurance for State Employees and Pensioners. The scheme covers hospitals in both Government and private sectors. Oriental General Insurance company is the insurance provider. Hence, it will be the one finalizing the MEDISEP Kerala hospital list. There are about 100 hospitals selected so far. The goal is to add more hospitals and make access to the scheme easier for the beneficiaries.
- The tenure of MEDISEP is 3 years
- The health insurance will be accessible to 11.30 lakh beneficiaries. It will cover not only the Government employees and pensioners but also their family members.
- Rs. 1.5 lakh will be given under the insurance as fixed coverage. Additionally, there will be a floater (extended family coverage) of Rs. 1.5 lakh.
- Beneficiaries who suffer from serious illnesses like cancer, heart stroke, etc. will receive Rs. 35 crore fund in addition
- The beneficiaries will have to pay Rs. 500 per month (Rs. 6000 annually) as premium
|Policy||Medical Insurance for State Employees and Pensioners|
|Beneficiary||Government employees and pensioners|
|Fixed coverage||Rs. 1.5 lakh|
|Additional coverage for family||Rs. 1.5 lakh|
|Monthly premium to be paid by the beneficiary||Rs. 500|
How to Fill the MEDISEP Application Form?
Make sure you have a good internet connection before filling out the MEDISEP application form. Given below is a step-by-step guide, read it to complete the MEDISEP Kerala registration. It is to be noted that the MEDISEP application form for pensioners and employees is different.
Step 1: Visit the official MEDISEP Kerala website.
Step 2: Click on the registration tab on the top. Choose from the options of Employee and Pensioner.
Step 3: Enter your Permanent Employees Number (PEN)/ Pension Payment Order Number and Date of Birth. Submit it.
Step 4: You will receive an OTP. Enter it and click on login.
Step 5: Enter and verify the required details and submit.
How to Track MEDISEP Status?
Once you finish the enrollment, you might need to check your status in the future. In order to track the MEDISEP Kerala status, follow the steps given below.
Step 1: Visit the official website of MEDISEP.
Step 2: Go to the tabs on the top. Click on ‘Status’
Step 3: Enter the category, PEN, and date of birth.
Step 4: Click submit. As a result, your status will be visible on the screen.
|West Bengal Primary Teacher Recruitment 2022||CUET Latest News and Updates||UPTET Result|
|SBI Channel Manager Recruitment||Odisha Judicial Service Result 2022||CUET PG Admit Card|
MEDISEP Hospitals in Kerala
MEDISEP hospitals in Kerala are given as follows.
- Century Hospital
- Josco Multi-Speciality Hospital
- Deepa Hospital
- Providence Hospital
- Poochakkal Medical Centre
- St. Thomas Mission Hospital
- Sagara Hospital Punnapra
- R S Grover Memorial Hospital
- Pills Hospital
Download the Full MEDISEP Kerala Hospital List Here
MEDISEP Insurance Benefits
If you are still unsure about this new health scheme, give a read to the listed benefits it has.
- It makes the cashless health treatment a reality
- The scheme covers as much as Rs. 3 lakh of health expenses. Moreover, beneficiaries with serious illnesses get additional Rs. 35 crore corpus fund
- For the Government employees, pensioners, and their family members, there is no age limit (except for children)
- If a beneficiary does not use the insurance amount in the first year, it will automatically transfer to the next year for use
- The insurance covers around 1920 diseases
- Besides the expenses during hospitalization, MEDISEP covers the expenses 15 days before and after the hospitalization
Who Are the Beneficiaries of MEDISEP?
The following are eligible to get MEDISEP health insurance.
- Working employees of the Kerala State Government- These include teaching staff, non-teaching staff, University employees, personal staff of the CM, Ministers, Leader of Opposition, and Chairman of Financial Committees.
- Employees who join during the MEDISEP policy period of 3 years
- Part-time employees/pensioners/teachers/family pensioners
- Service pensioners
Which Family Members Does MEDISEP Cover?
The scheme covers the following family member and dependents.
|Employee||Legal spouse who is not eligible for MEDISEP enrollment|
Adopted Child/Children who is/are Unemployed/Unmarried/below the age of 25 years
Physically disabled/Mentally challenged child/children (no age limit)Parents dependent on the employee
|Pensioner||Spouse who is not eligible for MEDISEP enrollment|
Physically disabled/Mentally challenged child/children (no age limit)
|Family Pensioner||Physically disabled/Mentally challenged child/children (no age limit)|
MEDISEP Kerala Helpline
In case of any queries, you can contact the MEDISEP Kerala contact number. It is 1800-425-1857. The helpline remains available from 10:15 AM to 05:15 PM.
Thank you for reading this article. We hope this was informative. Use the comment section below to tell us about your views on this health insurance scheme.
MEDISEP Kerala FAQs
Visit the official website of MEDISEP and click on the ‘status’ tab. Finally, enter your details and submit.
To fill out the MEDISEP application form, visit the official website and register.
PEN stands for Permanent Employee Number. It is a unique number that an employee gets after enrolling in the SPARK Kerala application.
Yes, you can use the helpline at 1800-425-1857.
The monthly premium is Rs. 500