Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant Syllabus & Exam Pattern- Get All Details
Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant Syllabus: The Kerala PSC conducts a recruitment program to fill the post of Secretariat Assistant. The syllabus and the Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant exam pattern will help the aspirants in enhancing up their preparation and also help them in completing up the most important topics according to subject and weightage are given.
- Being aware of the syllabus is an obligation for the aspirants before appearing for the main exam that they must have a better understanding of each and every topic.
- Any aspirant who holds an undergraduate/ postgraduate degree from a recognized university is eligible to appear for the Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant Exam.
- The Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant recruitment will be done through a written exam and personal interview. The Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant syllabus for the same can be downloaded in pdf format from the official Kerala PSC web portal.
- Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant Syllabus
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Mental Ability & Test of Reasoning
- General Science
- Current Affairs
- Facts about India
- Facts about Kerala
- Constitution of India and Civil Rights
- Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant Syllabus for General English
- Social Welfare Schemes & Measures
- Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant Syllabus For Information Technology and Cyber Laws
- Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant Exam Pattern
- Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant Syllabus FAQs
Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant Syllabus
The Kerala Public Service Commission (Kerala PSC) on its official website specifies the Secretariat Assistant’s written exam to be of objective type. The Secretariat Assistant syllabus 2020 Kerala PSC is given below.
- Test of Divisibility
- H.C.F & L.C.M
- Ratio & Proportions
- Time & Work
- Time & Distance
- Problems on Age.
Mental Ability & Test of Reasoning
- Calculation & Logic
- Coding & Decoding
- Letter & Number Series
- Odd Man Out
- Common Sense Test
- Alphabetical Arrangement of Words
- Dated and Calendar
- Sense of Direction
- Common Scientific Facts
- Important Scientific Phenomena
- Other Basic Facts in the field of science.
- Important World
- National and Regional Events related to the Political and Scientific field, Sports, Cinema, and Literature, etc.
Facts about India
- Geography of India
- Physical Features: Climate, Soils, Rivers, Famous sites, etc.
- Economic and Social Development
- Poverty Alleviation
- Economy and Planning, etc.
- History of India: Period from 1857 to 1947, National Movement, etc.
Facts about Kerala
- Geographical Facts
- Physical Features Climate, Soils, Rivers, Famous sites, etc.
- Renaissance of Kerala: Important Events/Movements/Leaders (Brahmananda Swami Sivayogi, Sree Narayana Guru, Ayya Vaikundar, Chattampi Swami, Poikayil Yohannan (Kumara Guru), Dr. Palpu, Vakkom Moulavi, etc.
Constitution of India and Civil Rights
- Basic Facts
- Fundamental Rights & Duties
- Directive Principle
- Union Government
- State Executive
- Union Territories
- Apex Courts
- Comptroller and Auditor General
- Public Service Commissions and Other Important Offices
- Important Amendments
- Rights: Right to Education, Human Rights, Human Rights Commission, Right to Information.
- Information Commission
- Social Audit
- Women Empowerment
- Women’s Commission
- Legislation against Child Labor and Atrocities against women and Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant Syllabus for General English
- Agreement of Subject and Verb
- Confusing Adjectives and Adverbs
- Comparison of Adjectives
- Correct usage of Articles
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and Passive Voice
- Correction in Sentences
- Singular and Plural
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- One Word Substitutes
- Problem concerning words
- Idioms and their meanings
Social Welfare Schemes & Measures
- Bharat Nirman
- India Awaas Yojana
- Jawahar Rozgar Yojana
- Integrated Child Development
- Balika Samridhi Yojana
- Mahila Samridhi Yojana
- Prime Minister’s Rozgar Yojana
- Rural Development Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana
- Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Programme.
Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant Syllabus For Information Technology and Cyber Laws
- Fundamentals of Computers
- Cyber Laws
The Aspirants clearing the written exam round shall be moved on to the next stage, which is an interview round. There interview round has no particular Syllabus, but the aspirants must be aware of the syllabus of the written exam once again to be well prepared with the questions related to the field. The aspirants clearing this round, he/she will be called in for the document verification round.
Read here about the in-hand Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant Salary
Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant Exam Pattern
Specialist always gives an idea of the exam pattern before appearing for the examination. Good knowledge about the Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant exam enhances an aspirant’s chances to get qualified and accquire a position. The exam pattern will help aspirants plan better for the exam according to the topics for the exam. Aspirants may also refer to the previous test papers for a better understanding and knowledge.
Below is the Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant exam pattern for the mains exam is as follows:
- The written examination questions shall be of Objective/ Multiple Choice type.
- The total time allotted to each candidate will be 1 hour and 15 mins.
- 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer.
- 1/3rd mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
|Mental Ability and Test of Reasoning||–||–|
|Facts about India||–||–|
|Facts about Kerala||–||–|
|Civil Rights and the Constitution of India||–||–|
|Social welfare schemes and Measures||–||–|
|Information Technology and Cyber Laws||–||–|
|Total||100||1 hour and 15 minutes|
Check All Steps to Download Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant Answer Key
Kerala PSC Secretariat Assistant Syllabus FAQs
You can download the syllabus for the official website under the syllabus tab.
Yes, for every incorrect question ⅓ marks will be deducted from the particular question.
The officials of the exam will change the syllabus with prior notice.
1 hour and 15 minutes will be given to the candidates to give the exam.
General category candidates having age between 21 to 45 can apply for this post. Candidates belonging to other categories such as OBC, SC, or ST have age relaxations.