Kerala Public Service Commission is going to release its notification of Overseer/Draftsman soon. The detailed information about the KPSC Overseer/Draftsman notification is given in detail for candidates in this article. The eligible candidates are required to go through the KPSC notification and apply for the post. The notification for 2022 is going to be released soon.
- A total of 26 vacancies were released in the last cycle.
- The candidates selected for the post will be on probation for a period of two years within a continuous period of three years.
Know About Jagannath Puri Rath Yatra 2022 Here!
|Name of Organization||Kerala public service commission|
|Post Name||Overseer/Draftsman grade I|
|Payscale||₹ 26500 – 56700/-|
|Number of vacancies||26 (as on 2020)|
|Notification Release Date||To be announced|
|Notification End Date||To be announced|
|Mode of appointment||Direct|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Submission of application mode||Online|
|Number of phase||1 Written|
|Eligibility||Diploma in civil engineering|
KPSC Overseer/Draftsman important points
- The above vacancies are existing in nature. The candidate selected in this Kerala PSC notification 2022 shall remain in force for a minimum of one year to a maximum of three years. or Till the new list is not published.
- The candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancies noted above.
- The selected candidates’ appointments will be on probation for two years.
- If the commission found the appointment of any candidate is done through an improper channel or by mistake. Then the commission holds the power to cancel the allotment of said candidate. The termination will be made by the recruitment authority within 240 days of candidates joining or within the period of probation.
- 3% of vacancies are reserved for Differently abled candidates with locomotor disabilities.
KPSC Overseer/Draftsman Vacancy-
The vacancy for the exam released for 2020 was 26. The vacancy for above the post is based on the requirement of the concerned department which can be increased in the future.
KPSC Overseer/Draftsman Apply Online:
There are the following steps for submitting the application form-
- The candidates need to register them in ONE TIME REGISTRATION on the official website of the commission. https://www.keralapsc.gov.in
- The candidates who have already registered themselves on the website. They need to log in to their account and apply for the said vacancy.
- The candidates who are doing registration for the first time need to upload their latest photo and details such as name, address and all personal details.
- After creating an account on the website, candidates need to log in to their account to apply for the said post.
- After final applying. The candidates are required to take the printout of the soft copy of the final submission along with all the documents uploaded to the keep with them for future use.
KPSC Overseer/Draftsman Application Fee-
There will be no application for any candidates as per the notification.
KPSC Overseer/Draftsman Selection Process – Direct Recruitment
In this all the candidates are eligible, irrespective of their caste, gender and status.
The commission/ department conducts the tests, exams and interviews
Details mentioned in the official post mentioned about the direct recruitment
As per the recruitment process there will be two stages
This stage will have the written/OMR/online test which will be conducted in Initial phase where the candidates have to pass in this stage to qualify for the stage II
The qualified candidates in the stage I will be called for the personal interview
|GPSSB Mukhya Sevika Answer Key||BARC Stipendiary Trainee Cut Off|
|Gujarat High Court Civil Judge Answer Key||GPSSB Mukhya Sevika Result|
KPSC Overseer/Draftsman Eligibility-
- Age Limit –
- The minimum age limit is 18 years and the maximum age limit is 36 Years.
- SC and OBC candidates are eligible for the age relaxation as prescribed by the Kerala government.
- The upper age limit is
For three years in the OBC category
For five years in the SC category
- The regular employee working in the above concern will be given age relaxation. if they possess prescribed qualifications but the upper age should not exceed 50 years.
- The candidate should have passed the (SSLC) Matriculation or its equivalent.
- Must possess any of the following qualifications
- The candidates should pass in the section A & B membership exam of the Institute of Engineers (India) in Engineering (Civil)
- Diploma in Engineering (Civil) issued by the government of Kerala. It should be of 3-year course
- Diploma in Engineering(Civil) should be of three 3-year courses issued by Kerala Government or
Diploma recognised by the government as its equivalent.
KPSC Overseer/Draftsman Syllabus
KPSC Overseer/Draftsman syllabus is briefly focused on the Civil Engineering Subject which the candidates have studied during Diploma. It focuses on every aspect of their syllabus which they studied during their Diploma/Civil Engineering.
The pdf can be downloaded from the official website of commission https://www.keralapsc.gov.in
Basic Engineering Drawing
- Modern and advanced surveying instruments
- Surveying: Conventional surveying
- Plane geometrical construction
- Introduction and terms used in chain
- plane table and leveling survey
- Drawing instruments, equipment and materials
- Lettering, dimensioning and scale
- Theodolite survey
- Conic section and projection
- Principle of leveling
- Type of leveling
- Reduction of levels Contouring,
Building materials and construction
- Plane cement Concrete
- Mason work
- Roofing work
- Flooring Building and services
- Temporary structural treatment for building
- Stone, Bricks, Cement and Filler materials
Building drawing and Estimation
- Rate analysis and valuation
- Building rules and By-laws
- methods of measurements of work
Civil Engineering related subjects
- Engineering mechanics
- Project-Based Learning
- Physical Education
- Building Technology and Architectural Planning
- Fluid Mechanics
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Chemistry
- Systems in Mechanical Engineering
- Basic Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Programming and Problem Solving
- Town Planning
- Rock Mechanics
- TQM and MIS
- Earthquake Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Hydraulic Structure
- Concrete Technology
- Structural Analysis
- Project Management
- Hydrology and Water Resource Engineering
- Construction Techniques
- Advanced Surveying
- Project Management
- Transportation Engineering
- Structural Design of Bridges
KPSC Overseer/Draftsman Exam pattern
As per previous Kerala public service commission Overseer/Draftsman Exams. The following pattern is being collected from the different exams conducted by the commission on KPSC Overseer/Draftsman.
As per the data the successful candidate has the following exam pattern to succeed in
the KPSC Overseer/Draftsman exam
- The KPSC Overseer/Draftsman Exam 2021 was comprised of the two stages
- Written Exam
- Personal Interview
- stage 1 would be objective wise. It will be MCQ based exam paper
- Total time duration will be 1Hours 15 Minutes
- It will be of Maximum 100 marks question
- Stage 2 would be a personal interview where the candidates have to appear with their documents. The interview will be taken by the board members.
KPSC Overseer/Draftsman Exam Admit Card
As per the KPSC notification 2022, the Exam Hall tickets will be available by the candidates prior to 15 Days for their Exams. The candidates will be notified by providing email to their registered mail, and the SMS will be also provided to their registered mobile number
The candidates can download their hall tickets by login into their ID in the official website
KPSC Overseer/Draftsman Salary
The salary of the Overseer/Draftsman will be as per the Seventh Pay Commission. The Candidates who got selected for the Overseer/Draftsman post will get their salary that will range from 26,500 to 56,700.
KPSC Overseer/Draftsman Allowances
Here are some information regarding allowances that the employee under this post of KPSC Overseer/Draftsman will be entitled-
- Travel allowance
- Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Medical Allowance
KPSC Overseer/Draftsman Roles and Responsibility
The roles and responsibility of an Overseer is career-oriented where he will supervise or he will be foreperson, he will provide instruction and guidance to junior employees.
Overseers overall responsibility is to supervise the work of construction and all the work related to construction such as handling the workers.
KPSC Overseer/Draftsman Exam Preparation Tips
The candidates of the overseer exam can follow the below-mentioned tips to crack the exam on the first attempt.
- Make a study plan, allot separate timings to each section properly in order to cover the entire syllabus for the written test.
- Attempt regular mock tests. It helps to analyze your preparation better and you get to cope up with the time management skills too.
- Read newspapers, journals, and magazines on a daily note. It helps to stay updated on the latest happenings around.
- Go through previous year questions papers thoroughly. Deduce the topics of major importance and prepare accordingly.
KPSC Overseer/Draftsman Cutoff
The cutoff marks will be decided based on the question paper provided and the marks scheme. It will be available in due course of time
KPSC Overseer/Draftsman Result
The result can be downloaded from the official website of the commission.
Here are the steps to do so to get results
Step 1: Visit the official website of the commission https://keralapsc.gov.in/.
Step 2: The Home page will appear the check in recruitment tab
Step 3: In the next step, ‘Find KPSC Recruitment Result 2021’. A new page will open.
Step 4:When the page will open provide your details such as e-mail and personal number
Step 5: Once your details are validated, you will get your result on the screen. Take a printout for further use.
KPSC Overseer/Draftsman Frequently asked questions
It will be online mode.
It will be for 1 hour 15 minutes
It will be objective type question
It can be downloaded 15 days before the exam.
Total number of vacancies available is 26