The Kerela PSC Assistant professors selected towards Kerala Collegiate education, technical education, and medical education have salaries based on the UGC norms. The University Grants Commission (UGC) rates for the guest faculty in universities and colleges would be Rs.1,500 per lecture, subject to a ceiling of Rs 50,000 per month. If the institutions are following the 7th CPC Assistant Professor’s salary under the Band Pay of INR 37400 to INR 67,000 with Grade Pay of INR 10,000 will be Rs 1.44 Lakhs. Let’s have a look at the structure of Kerala PSC Assistant Professor salary based on the UGC norms and 7th CPC.
Kerala PSC Assistant Professor Salary
The Assistant Professor’s selected by the Kerala PSC towards the Collegiate education in Kerala withdraw salary according to the UGC scale. Let’s have a look on the UGC scale for the Assistant Professors and higher-level posts based on the 7th CPC.
|Assistant Professor Jobs Levels||Assistant Professor Salary- Grade Pay||Salary Structure of Professor Entry Pay|
|10 (Assistant Professor)||6000||21600|
|11 (Assistant professor)||7000||25790|
|12 (Assistant Professor)||8000||29900|
|13 (Associate Professor)||9000||49200|
- Anybody who enters the universities and colleges as a teaching staff shall be designated as Assistant Professors. He/ She shall be placed in the Pay Band of Rs.15600–39100 with an AGP of Rs. 6000.
- Lecturers already in service on the pre-revised scale of Rs.8000- Rs.13500 shall be re-designated as Assistant Professors with the AGP of Rs.6000. AGP is Academic Grade Pay.
- In UGC, after the 7th Pay Commission, there are only three Designations in Universities and Colleges, namely Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor.
- Any Assistant Professor who had completed 4 years of service, possessing a Ph.D. Degree in the relevant discipline shall be eligible, for the AGP of Rs. 7000
- Assistant Professors having Masters Degree in the relevant discipline as defined for technical education, and 05 years of service shall be eligible for the AGP of Rs. 7,000.
- Assistant Professor without Ph.D. or Masters will get AGP of Rs. 7000 only after 06 years of service.
- After completing 05 years of service with AGP of Rs. 7000, the Assistant Kerala
PSC Assistant Professor Salary: Allowances and Increments
- The annual increment shall be equivalent to 3% of the sum total of pay in the relevant Pay Band.
- Total Pay = Pay Band + AGP
Dearness Allowance (DA) = 125% Total Pay
House Rent Allowance = 10% of the Total Pay
Medical Allowances = Rs. 100 (for the first year)
Medical Allowances = 300 (After one year)
Transport Allowances= Rs. 400
Provident Fund = Rs.1800
Professional Tax = Rs.200
Gross Pay = Total Pay + D.A. + House Rent Allowances+ Medical Allowances + T.A. + Other Allowances
The Gross Salary of the Assistant Professor shall be Rs. 51260 = 21600+27000+2160+100+400
- Relocation Allowance (One Time) in Metro City- Rs.2000
Other cities- Rs. 1000
- There shall be a research allowance for persons having Ph. D. Degree for pursuing further research and development-related activities.
- professors will get an increment in AGP. The new AGP will be Rs. 8000/.