Top 10 Government Marine Engineering Colleges in Kerala List-Check Here!
Marine engineering is the perfect course to choose if operations at sea intrigue you. You can increase your job chances and learn about the most cutting-edge trends and practices in this industry by earning a degree in marine engineering. With the growth of transportation and the emergence of international trade systems, students are increasingly choosing marine engineering courses. There are specific stages that the aspirant must do in order to become a marine engineer but prior to this It is crucial for aspirants to pursue this engineering course at the best government marine engineering colleges in India to hone the technical and mechanical aspects of the field.
Kerala is a significant centre for education in India. The state has one of the highest literacy rates in the country. Kerala is rising as one of the biggest corporate destinations in the nation. However, it also created a space to explore marine engineering courses in its top government engineering institutions of Kerala, as it is considered the home of the top marine engineering colleges of India.
These are the list of the top 10 and most prestigious government marine engineering institutes in Kerala that provide undergraduate and postgraduate marine engineering programmes to students from around the globe.
- Top 10 Government Marine Engineering Colleges in Kerala List
- 1. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING CUSAT, Cochin University of Science and Technology
- 2. National Centre for Aquatic Animal Health, Cochin University of Science and Technology
- 3. National Institute Of Technology, Calicut
- 4. Cochin University Of Science And Technology
- 5. Kunjali Marakkar School of Marine Engineering, Cochin
- 6. APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
- 7. SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES, CUSAT- KOCHI
- 8. Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies
- 9. Indian Maritime University- IMU, Kochi
- 10. College of Ship Technology- CST, Palakkad
- FAQs on Government Marine Engineering Colleges in Kerala
Top 10 Government Marine Engineering Colleges in Kerala List
|1||SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING, CUSAT||Thrikkakara, Ernakulam, Kerala|
|2||National Center for Aquatic Animal Health (NCAAH)||Ernakulam, Kerala|
|3||National Institute of Technology||Calicut, Kerala|
|4||Cochin University of Science and Technology||Kochi, Kerala|
|5||Kunjali Marakkar School of Marine Engineering||Kochi, Kerala|
|6||APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University||THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, KERALA|
|7||School of Environmental Studies (SES)||Kochi, Kerala|
|8||Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Subjects (KUFOS)||Panangad, Kochi, Kerala|
|9||Indian Maritime University (IMU)||Kochi, Kerala|
|10||College of Ship Technology-CST||Palakkad, Kerala|
1. SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING CUSAT, Cochin University of Science and Technology
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING, Cochin University of Science and Technology’s government college of engineering The institute is one of Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi’s constituent colleges. The School of Engineering CUSAT is another name for it. Its goal is to offer top-notch instruction in engineering specialities.
SEATS – At the School of Engineering, Only a small number of students are eligible for the B.Tech marine engineering programme at CUSAT. To be more specific, just 120 students are needed to reserve a seat for the course.
ADMISSION PROCESS– Both undergraduate and graduate programmes are admitted by the college. The institute bases admission decisions for Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) programmes on applicants’ results in the CUSAT CAT.
FEE STRUCTURE– The 4 year full-time Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Marine Engineering programme costs around 7.53 lakh to the students from the general category.
2. National Centre for Aquatic Animal Health, Cochin University of Science and Technology
The National Center for Aquatic Animal Health (NCAAH) uses the most recent developments in marine biotechnology to meet the needs of aqua farmers by maintaining the health of the stock being raised. The Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, sponsors the M.Tech. programme in Marine Biotechnology offered by the Center.
- SEATS- Centre recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) offers the M.TECH programme to only 6 students
- ADMISSION PROCESS– The Graduate Aptitude Test in Biotechnology (GAT-B), administered by the Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Faridabad on behalf of the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, will serve as the basis for selection. The purpose of this test is to determine each applicant’s eligibility, and the candidates will receive a GAT-B rank based on which they can apply for admission to NCAAH’s M.Tech. Marine Biotechnology programme.
- FEE STRUCTURE- A two-year, full-time Master of Technology (M.Tech) programme in marine biotechnology will cost you 50,000 as tuition fees.
3. National Institute Of Technology, Calicut
National Institute of Technology, The public university of Calicut is ranked 2nd by the NIRF. The institute offers a Master of Technology [M.Tech] – Offshore Structures
- ADMISSION PROCESS– Candidates must have a valid GATE score in the relevant discipline in order to be admitted to an M.TECH offshore programme.
- FEE STRUCTURE- For a two-year degree, candidates applying for admission to the M. Tech. will need to pay around 1,59,000.
4. Cochin University Of Science And Technology
The state owns the independent institution known as CUSAT. Applied Science, Technology, Industry, Commerce, Management, and Social Sciences are all areas of study offered by CUSAT.
- SEATS- Only 43 applicants for the Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Naval Architecture and Ship Building) programme are given the opportunity to attend the college.
- ADMISSION PROCESS– The CUSAT CAT exam serves as the basis for admission to these programmes. For admission, applicants to the CUSAT BTech programme may submit their CUSAT CAT or KEAM scores. For BTech admission, a score between 168 and 1900 on the CUSAT CAT exam is necessary.
- FEE STRUCTURE- The entire cost of attendance for applicants to the 4 year full-time B.Tech programme is Rs. 15.58 lakh.
5. Kunjali Marakkar School of Marine Engineering, Cochin
The first college for marine engineering in the state of Kerala is Kunjali Marakkar School of Marine Engineering in Cochin, which is accredited by the AICTE and associated with Cochin University of Science and Technology. The school provides a Master’s degree and a B.Tech. in marine engineering.
- SEATS- There are 80 students accepted each year into its flagship B.Tech in the marine engineering programme.
- ADMISSION PROCESS- The application process is entirely online, and the primary admission standards are merit- and entrance-based through an all-India level common admission test (CAT) conducted by CUSAT.
- FEE STRUCTURE- Candidates must spend a total of 6.44 lakh for admission to the B.Tech degree programmes in Marine Engineering.
6. APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
In Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, there is a State university called APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, formerly known as Kerala Technological University. In Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, there is a State university called APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, formerly known as Kerala Technological University. The university provides Ph.D. and Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) degrees in naval architecture and shipbuilding
- ADMISSION PROCESS- Candidates will be selected for the B.Tech programme based on how well they performed in the KEAM (Kerala Engineering, Agriculture, and Medical) admission exams, which were held by CEE-Kerala.
- FEE STRUCTURE- The college charges about 3.40 lakh for its B.Tech. programme in Naval Architecture and Shipbuilding.
7. SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES, CUSAT- KOCHI
A higher education institution devoted to environmental preservation and sustainable development, the School of Environmental Studies (SES) offers a degree in Master of Technology [M.Tech] -Marine Biotechnology
- SEATS- Only 8 students have the opportunity to pursue this degree at SES.
- ADMISSION PROCESS- Candidate must have completed a B.Tech./BE in marine biology at an accredited Indian or international university with a minimum grade point average of 60%.
- FEE STRUCTURE- A two-year full-time programme will cost you roughly 37,000.
8. Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies
Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Subjects (KUFOS) is the state’s first university dedicated to fisheries and related studies. Master of Technology M.Tech- Ocean and Coastal Safety Engineering is available at the university.
- ADMISSION PROCESS- The candidate must have a B.Tech in Civil / Mechanical / Marine / Naval Arch with a minimum of 60% and preferably a GATE score, as the university accepts gate scores. Also, KUFOS will conduct a standardised entrance examination and interview to select candidates for the programme.
- SEATS- University only admits 51 students to its M.TECH -Ocean and Coastal Safety Engineering programme.
- FEE STRUCTURE- Candidates accepted into the programme and will be required to pay a total of 1.67 lakh over the course of two years.
9. Indian Maritime University- IMU, Kochi
Indian Maritime University (IMU) – Kochi, which covers a wide range of sea-related disciplines, from Diploma in marine engineering to B.TECH and M.TECH in ocean engineering and naval architecture
- ADMISSION PROCESS- Students seeking admission to IMU must have a 10+2 or equivalent grade point average in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/Biotechnology, Language, and any other subject. He/she must have obtained a minimum of 45% in order to be admitted on merit basis.
- FEE STRUCTURE- A four-year full-time curriculum will cost each aspiring student about 2.25 lakh.
10. College of Ship Technology- CST, Palakkad
The College of Ship Technology is currently focusing on providing Marine Technical courses for the Ship Building and Ship Repair Industry. For B.Sc. programmes, the college is connected with Indian Maritime University (Govt. of India), and it also offers a diploma in shipbuilding engineering.
- ADMISSION PROCESS- Candidates enrolling for admission to the Diploma in Shipbuilding Engineering programme must have a 10+2 diploma from a recognised board.
- FEE STRUCTURE- A Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] in Ship Building and Repair, a Diploma in Shipbuilding Engineering, or a certificate would set you back roughly 140000 rupees.
FAQs on Government Marine Engineering Colleges in Kerala
Kerala has around 16 marine engineering colleges.
Admission to the list of Kerala marine engineering institutes will be based on both a merit list and an entrance exam. Direct admissions to the best marine engineering institutes in Kerala will be granted based on qualifying exam results.
A public or government college is the best option because they give high-quality education and are relatively inexpensive.
Direct admissions to the best marine engineering institutes in Kerala will be granted based on qualifying exam results.
The School of Engineering, CUSAT is Kerala’s most preferred maritime college.