Traffic E-Challan Jharkhand: Know the Challan Status and steps to Pay Fines
E-Challan Jharkhand: Jharkhand is a state rich in resources and natural beauty. It is our responsibility to adhere to all traffic regulations while travelling within the state. Remember that traffic rules are in place for our own safety. To avoid e-challans in Jharkhand, make sure you have the vehicle documents with you. If you receive an e-challan, try to pay it as soon as possible. If you do not pay your Jharkhand traffic e-challan on time, you will face serious consequences.
- You can check the status of your e-challan by going to the Parivahan portal or the Jharkhand Traffic Website, or you can go to Park+. (Steps are provided in this article.)
- Payment for an e-challan can be made both online and offline.
- You can pay the Jharkhand Traffic E-challan via the official website or any other payment portal such as paytm, phonepe, and so on.
In this article, you will learn how to check your e-challan status and make Jharkhand e-challan payments via the official website or another portal.
- How to Check Traffic E-Challan Jharkhand Status Online ?
- Jharkhand traffic E-Challan Payment Online and Offline?
- Jharkhand Traffic Fine List 2022
- FAQs on Traffic E-Challan Jharkhand
How to Check Traffic E-Challan Jharkhand Status Online ?
There are several ways to check the status of your echallan. You can also use Park+ to check the status by following the steps below:
- On the Park+ website, go to the e-challan Jharkhand web portal.
- Enter your vehicle number to view the status of your challan.
Follow the steps below to check your Jharkhand Traffic e-challan status online using your vehicle number or mobile number via the Parivahan portal or the Jharkhand Traffic website.
|Parivahan Portal||Jharkhand Traffic Website|
|Step 1: You can check the status of your challan by going to the official Parivahan portal and clicking on the ‘Check Challan Status’ option on the homepage.|
Step 2: You will be taken to a new page where you must enter your driver’s licence or vehicle identification number.
Step 3: You would then be able to see all of the challan’s details.
Step 4: If there are no pending challans against your vehicle, a dialogue box will appear with the message ‘Challan not found.’
|Step 1: Go to the Jharkhand traffic police’s official website.|
Step 2: Click on the ‘Pay Challan’ tab and fill out all of the required information.
Step 3: A new tab will open with your challan details, where you can easily check the Jharkhand traffic challan status.
Know your E-Challan Haryana status here!
Jharkhand traffic E-Challan Payment Online and Offline?
Continue reading to find out how to pay your Jharkhand traffic e-challan both online and offline.
How do I pay E-challan Jharkhand online?
There are two options for paying traffic e-challans online: through the Parivahan website or through the Jharkhand Transport official website.
Using the Parivahan website:
You can also pay your Jharkhand traffic e-challan using the Government of India’s official e-challan website, Parivahan.
- Go to the Parivahan e-challan website.
- Enter your Challan/Vehicle/Driving License number here.
- Enter the Captcha code and press the “Get Details” button.
- To make the payment, choose an e-challan from the list displayed.
- Your offense details, as well as the pending fine, will be displayed.
- Continue with the payment.
- You will receive a confirmation email with the transaction ID if the payment is successful.
Using the official web portal of the Jharkhand Government:
- Visit the Jharkhand Police Department’s website.
- On the top, click the “e-challan” icon.
- Then select “Pay Challan.”
- Enter your challan number or vehicle registration number, followed by a captcha code.
- On the screen, a list of your e-challans, along with offense details and pending amounts, will be displayed.
- Select the challan to be paid and proceed to the payment option.
- A confirmation will be sent to your registered mobile number upon successful completion of the transaction.
How to pay E-Challan Jharkhand offline?
To pay an e-challan issued by the Jharkhand traffic police offline, you have following options:
- You can pay your fine in cash by going to the Jharkhand Traffic Police headquarters with your driving licence, address and identity proof, and letter for a traffic violation.
- You can also use an e-challan machine to locate a Jharkhand traffic police officer. Give him information about your vehicle, such as the registration number, challan number, and driving licence number. After that, make the payment.
- You can also send a demand draft or a check to the Jharkhand Traffic Police headquarters.
Jharkhand Traffic Fine List 2022
The following is the revised list of penalties and fines as implemented by the Jharkhand Traffic Police under the Motor Vehicle Amendment Act, 2019, upon violation of which a Traffic E-challan Jharkhand will be issued.
|Offense||Penalty (in Rs)|
|Driving in a Prohibited Area or Restricted Road||500|
|Violations of traffic signs||500|
|Allowing person on running board||500|
|Wrong number plate||500|
|Disobedience of orders of authority/refusal to give information||500|
|Driving without a valid license (two-wheelers/Three-wheelers/Four-wheelers)||5,000|
|Retrofitting of motor vehicle/Alteration||5,000 and six months imprisonment|
|Driving with disqualified driving license||10,000|
|Over-speeding||Light Motor Vehicle: 1,000Passenger/Goods vehicle: 2,000|
|Using a mobile phone while driving||1,000|
|An excessive passenger in the front seat||5,000|
|Driving a vehicle when Mentally or Physically Unfit||200|
|Violating air/sound pollution standards||1,000|
|Drive Motor Vehicle Without Registration||2,000|
|Driving without permit||10,000 and six months imprisonment|
|Triple-riding two-wheeler||1,000 and three months suspension of DL|
|Overloading goods vehicle||20,000 and Rs 2,000/- per extra tonne|
|Carrying extra passengers on the vehicle||200 per passenger|
|Carrying passengers/children without a safety belt||1,000|
|Driving without helmet||1,000 and three months suspension of DL|
|Not providing a way for emergency vehicle||10,000 and six months imprisonment|
|Unnecessarily sounding Horn||1,000|
|Driving Motor Vehicle Without Insurance||2,000|
|Unauthorized interference with vehicle||1,000|
In Jharkhand, breaking traffic laws is a punishable offense. So make sure you follow all of the rules, and if you have an e-challan, make sure you pay the traffic E-challan Jharkhand on time to avoid any consequences. I hope you found this article useful.
FAQs on Traffic E-Challan Jharkhand
Yes. On the Parivahan portal, you can pay your traffic e-challan Jharkhand.
Bring your original driving license, traffic challan, address and identity proof, and other vehicle documents to the nearest traffic police station. Pay the outstanding challan at the station and obtain a receipt as proof of payment for the traffic police challan.
At all times, you must carry your driver’s license (DL), registration certificate (RC), pollution under control (PUC), and automobile insurance.
If you want to avoid receiving an e-challan, make sure to follow all traffic laws and regulations and keep all necessary documentation on you at all times while driving.
The fine for speeding in Jharkhand is Rs. 1,000 for a light motor vehicle and Rs. 2,000 for a passenger/goods vehicle.