DSSSB Librarian Selection Process 2022: Check out the Entire Process Here – Apply Now
The Delhi Subordinate Services Selection Board (DSSSB) has released the recruitment notification for the DSSSB Librarian Recruitment 2022. This time, there are a total of 100 librarian posts and its location is Delhi. Candidates must know the entire selection process planned out by the board to prepare well for the exam. This article will make you aware of the DSSSB librarian selection process in 2022 from start to end.
- DSSSB Librarian Selection Process 2022: Important Details about the Selection Process
- Download DSSSB Librarian Selection Process 2022 Notification here
- DSSSB Librarian Selection Process 2022: Exam details
- DSSSB Librarian Selection Process 2022: Minimum Qualifying Marks
- DSSSB Librarian Selection Process 2022: For Disabled Candidates
- DSSSB Librarian Selection Process 2022: Educational Qualification
- DSSSB Librarian Selection Process 2022: FAQs
DSSSB Librarian Selection Process 2022: Important Details about the Selection Process
|DSSSB Librarian Events
|Release of Online Application form
|19th October 2022
|Last Date to Apply for DSSSB Librarian Recruitment
|18th November 2022
|Last date of fee submission
|18th November 2022
|Release of DSSSB Librarian Admit Card
|To be announced
|DSSSB Librarian Examination Date
|To be announced
|DSSSB Librarian Results Declaration
|To be announced
Download DSSSB Librarian Selection Process 2022 Notification here
DSSSB Librarian Selection Process 2022: Exam details
DSSSB librarian written test includes an online MCQ test divided into sections A and B.
The section includes the DSSSB librarian Tier-1 examination and it is further divided into five parts:
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence & Reasoning ability
- Arithmetical & Numerical Ability
- Test of Hindi Language & Comprehension
- Test of English Language & Comprehension
Each of these five parts will have 20 questions and each question will be of 1 mark. That means section A will be 100 marks.
This section will include MCQs of one mark each from the subject concerned as per the qualification prescribed for the librarian post. There will be 100 questions, so this section is also of 100 marks.
So, a total of 200 questions are going to be there in the DSSSB librarian computer based test and candidates will get 2 hours to complete this test.
DSSSB Librarian Selection Process 2022: Minimum Qualifying Marks
The Board, in order to achieve qualitative selection and to recruit the best talent available, has fixed the following DSSSB librarian minimum qualifying marks (wherever applicable) for different categories (UR/SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwD/Ex-SM):
- General/EWS – 40%
- OBC (Delhi) – 35%
- SC/ST/PH (PwD) – 30%
- Ex-Servicemen will be given 5% relaxation in their respective categories subject to a minimum of 30%.
The DSSSB librarian cut off marks will be declared by the board after the examination when they will release the merit list.
DSSSB Librarian Selection Process 2022: For Disabled Candidates
Here is the list of the DSSSB librarian person with disability rule that will be applied to disabled candidates.
- Persons with disability are exempted from paying Application fees.
- A person with a disability who is selected on his/her own merit can be appointed against an unreserved vacancy provided the post is identified as suitable for Persons with Disability of the relevant category.
- In case of physically handicapped/persons with disability, relaxation in age-limit shall be applicable irrespective of the fact whether the post is reserved or not, provided the post is identified as suitable for persons with disabilities.
- If a person with a disability is entitled to age relaxation by virtue of being a Departmental
- employee, the same will be admissible either as a ‘person with disability’ or as a ‘Departmental
- employee’ whichever may be more beneficial to him/her.
- Candidates with only benchmark physical disability status will be considered as Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and only such candidates will be entitled to age-relaxation/ reservation for Persons with Disabilities.
DSSSB Librarian Selection Process 2022: Educational Qualification
- Degree from a recognized University or Equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Diploma in Library Science or a recognized University/Institute or Equivalent.
- Experience of two years in Library/computerization of a Library or one year Certificate in Computer Application from a recognized institute or equivalent.
DSSSB Librarian Selection Process 2022: FAQs
There is only one stage in the DSSSB Librarian Selection Process 2022. The candidate has to go through the one-tier examination. There are two sections in this online test and all the questions will be of MCQ type.
The maximum marks for the one-tier examination in the DSSSB Librarian Selection Process 2022 are 200. There are also 200 questions in the entire exam.
Yes, there is a negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
The topics of the DSSSB Librarian exam would include:
General Intelligence and Reasoning Ability
Arithmetic and Numerical Ability
Hindi Language & Comprehension
English Language & Comprehension
Library and Information Science
The DSSSB Librarian Recruitment 2022’s application process starts on 19th October and the last date for form submission is 18th November 2022.