Current Affairs 14 May 2022 – Stay Updated with Latest News and Updates Here!
Current Affairs 14 May 2022– Most competitive exams have the sections of Current Affairs and General Knowledge to test the candidates for their static GK, and current developments in the world. And as per the recent trend analysis, we have noticed that these sections have a high weightage of marks. Thus, it is important to prepare well for this section to ace it with flying colors. One of the effective preparation tips is to make a daily habit to read newspapers, journals, and magazines, or simply keep an eye on this space for more current affairs updates! We have compiled this article to provide you with the Current Affairs on 14 May 2022. So go ahead and give it a read!
- Current Affairs 14 May 2022 – View Top 5 Trending News Here!
- Download Current Affairs 14 May 2022 PDF
- Resignation of Sri Lankan Prime Minister
- Contribution of USD 8,00,000 To Promote the Hindi Language at the UN
- India’s FY 2023 Growth Forecast Cut to 7.6% by Morgan Stanley
- 12th IBA Women’s World Boxing Championship 2022 In Istanbul
- Appointment of Campbell Wilson as the CEO & MD of Air India
- Key Takeaways
Check out Current Affairs on 13th May 2022 Here!
Current Affairs 14 May 2022 – View Top 5 Trending News Here!
Read the latest and top 5 trending current affairs on 14 May 2022, along with the important points for each news that you must take note of –
Resignation of Sri Lankan Prime Minister
- The current Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa has submitted his resignation to President Gotabaya Rajapaksa owing to the immense opposition from local citizens in the situation of the economic crisis in the nation.
- The President will form an interim government and thereby pave the way for a solution to the current crisis in Sri Lanka.
- The existing Parliament was dissolved and Ranil Wickremesinghe was elected as the new Prime Minister, after fresh parliamentary elections.
Contribution of USD 8,00,000 To Promote the Hindi Language at the UN
- The government of India has contributed USD 8,00,000 to the UN, as part of the initiative that aims to enhance the outreach of the organization in Hindi
- R.Ravindra, India’s Deputy Permanent Representative to the United Nations handed over the cheque to the Deputy Director and Officer-In-Charge, UN Department of Global Communications.
- The initiative is a part of the project launched in 2018 by India in collaboration with the UN Department of Public Information to spread the information about the UN to the Hindi-speaking population across the world.
India’s FY 2023 Growth Forecast Cut to 7.6% by Morgan Stanley
- The major reason for this decline is the growing geopolitical tension, and increasing commodity prices.
- The CPI (Consumer Price Index) inflation is also expected to be 6.5% for FY 2023.
- The Indian economy, however, will expand at above pre-pandemic rates in FY 2023-24.
12th IBA Women’s World Boxing Championship 2022 In Istanbul
- The Championship is being held in Istanbul, Turkey from 8 to 20 May.
- There are more than 400 female boxers from over 93 countries who are participating in this Championship.
- This championship was first organized for men in the year 1974 and for women in 2001.
Appointment of Campbell Wilson as the CEO & MD of Air India
- Tata Sons appoints Campbell Wilson as the CEO and MD of Air India on 12th May 2022.
- Campbell Wilson has resigned from his post of CEO of Scoot Pte Ltd, a low-cost wholly-owned subsidiary of Singapore Airlines.
- Following his appointment, Campbell will join the Board of Directors of Air India.
We hope that the article on Current Affairs 14 May 2022, was informative and insightful. If you have any queries or questions, do not hesitate to connect with us. We will be happy to solve all your doubts and help you gain knowledge of the latest news and developments!
Refer to the other relevant topics from the given table:
|International Red Cross Day||List of new Cabinet Ministers of India|
|Rivers Names-A to Z in India||Famous Monuments of North India|