Candidates applying for the CUET Examination 2022 can check out the topics and units included in the syllabus of Sociology given below.
Unit I: Structure of Indian Society
- Introducing Indian Society: Colonialism, Nationalism, Class, and Community • Demographic Structure • Rural-Urban Linkages and Divisions
Unit II: Social Institutions: Continuity and Change
- Family and Kinship • The Caste System • Tribal Society • The Market as a Social Institution
Unit III: Social Inequality and Exclusion
- Caste Prejudice, Scheduled Castes, and Other Backward Classes • The marginalization of Tribal Communities • The Struggle for Women’s Equality • The Protection of Religious Minorities • Caring for the Differently Abled
Unit IV: The Challenges of Unity in Diversity
- Problems of Communalism, Regionalism, Casteism, and Patriarchy • Role of the State in a Plural, and Unequal Society • What We Share
Unit V: Process of Social Change in India
- Process of Structural Change: Colonialism, Industrialisation, Urbanisation • Process of Cultural Change: Modernization, Westernisation, Sanskritisation, Secularisation • Social Reform Movements and Laws
Unit VI: Social Change and the Polity
- The Constitution as an instrument of Social Change • Parties, Pressure Groups, and Democratic Politics • Panchayati Raj and the Challenges of Social Transformation
Unit VII: Social Change and the Economy
- Land Reforms, the Green Revolution, and Agrarian Society • From Planned Industrialisation to Liberalisation • Changes in the Class Structure
Unit VIII: Arenas of Social Change
- Media and Social Change • Globalization and Social Change Note: There will be one Question Paper which will have 50 questions out of which 40 questions need to be attempted. SOCIOLOGY -326
Unit IX: New Arenas of Social Change
- Media and Social Change • Globalization and Social Change
Unit X: Social Movements
- Class-Based Movements: Workers, Peasants • Caste-Based Movements: Dalit Movement, Backward Castes, Trends in Upper Caste Responses • Women’s Movements in Independent India • Tribal Movements • Environmental Movements
CUET Sociology Syllabus – FAQs
CUET is the Central Universities Entrance Test
The last date to apply for the CUET Examination is 6 May 2022.
A total of 50 questions will be asked in the CUET Sociology Paper out of which 40 must be attempted by the candidates.
The selection procedure for the CUET Examination is a written examination and an interview.
A total of 10 units are there.