CUET Sociology Syllabus| Check The Major Topics And Download the PDF for free!
Candidates applying for the CUET Examination 2022 can check out the topics and units included in the syllabus of Sociology given below.
- Unit I: Structure of Indian Society
- Unit II: Social Institutions: Continuity and Change
- Unit III: Social Inequality and Exclusion
- Unit IV: The Challenges of Unity in Diversity
- Unit V: Process of Social Change in India
- Unit VI: Social Change and the Polity
- Unit VII: Social Change and the Economy
- Unit VIII: Arenas of Social Change
- Unit IX: New Arenas of Social Change
- Unit X: Social Movements
- CUET Sociology Syllabus – FAQs
Unit I: Structure of Indian Society
- Introducing Indian Society: Colonialism, Nationalism, Class, and Community • Demographic Structure • Rural-Urban Linkages and Divisions
Unit II: Social Institutions: Continuity and Change
- Family and Kinship • The Caste System • Tribal Society • The Market as a Social Institution
Unit III: Social Inequality and Exclusion
- Caste Prejudice, Scheduled Castes, and Other Backward Classes • The marginalization of Tribal Communities • The Struggle for Women’s Equality • The Protection of Religious Minorities • Caring for the Differently Abled
Unit IV: The Challenges of Unity in Diversity
- Problems of Communalism, Regionalism, Casteism, and Patriarchy • Role of the State in a Plural, and Unequal Society • What We Share
Unit V: Process of Social Change in India
- Process of Structural Change: Colonialism, Industrialisation, Urbanisation • Process of Cultural Change: Modernization, Westernisation, Sanskritisation, Secularisation • Social Reform Movements and Laws
Unit VI: Social Change and the Polity
- The Constitution as an instrument of Social Change • Parties, Pressure Groups, and Democratic Politics • Panchayati Raj and the Challenges of Social Transformation
Unit VII: Social Change and the Economy
- Land Reforms, the Green Revolution, and Agrarian Society • From Planned Industrialisation to Liberalisation • Changes in the Class Structure
Unit VIII: Arenas of Social Change
- Media and Social Change • Globalization and Social Change Note: There will be one Question Paper which will have 50 questions out of which 40 questions need to be attempted. SOCIOLOGY -326
Unit IX: New Arenas of Social Change
- Media and Social Change • Globalization and Social Change
Unit X: Social Movements
- Class-Based Movements: Workers, Peasants • Caste-Based Movements: Dalit Movement, Backward Castes, Trends in Upper Caste Responses • Women’s Movements in Independent India • Tribal Movements • Environmental Movements
CUET Sociology Syllabus – FAQs
CUET is the Central Universities Entrance Test
The last date to apply for the CUET Examination is 6 May 2022.
A total of 50 questions will be asked in the CUET Sociology Paper out of which 40 must be attempted by the candidates.
The selection procedure for the CUET Examination is a written examination and an interview.
A total of 10 units are there.