CUET Legal Studies Syllabus| Check The Major Topics And Download the PDF for free!
Candidates applying for the CUET Examination 2022 can check out the topics and units included in the syllabus of Legal Studies given below.
- UNIT I Judiciary
- Unit II Topics of Law
- Unit III Arbitration, Tribunal Adjunction, and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Unit IV Human Rights in India
- Unit V Legal Profession in India Introduction
- Unit VI Legal Services
- Unit VII International Context
- Unit VIII Legal Maxims Important Legal Maxims. Meaning with illustrations of the following: –
- CUET Legal Studies Syllabus – FAQs
UNIT I Judiciary
- Structure and Hierarchy of Courts and Legal Offices in India ii. Constitution, Roles and Impartiality iii. Appointments, Trainings, Retirement and Removal ofJudges iv. Courts and Judicial Review
Unit II Topics of Law
- Law of Property ii. Law of Contracts iii. Law of Torts iv. Introduction to Criminal Laws in India
Unit III Arbitration, Tribunal Adjunction, and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Adversarial and Inquisitorial Systems ii. Introduction to Alternative Dispute Resolution iii. Types of ADR iv. Arbitration, Administrative, Tribunals v. Mediation and Conciliation vi. Lok Adalats vii. Ombudsman viii. Lokpal and Lokayukta
Unit IV Human Rights in India
i.Introduction – International Context ii. Constitutional framework and Related laws in India iii. Complaint Mechanisms of Quasi-judicial Bodies
Unit V Legal Profession in India Introduction
The Advocates Act, 1961, The Bar Council of India, Lawyers and Professional Ethics, Advertising by Lawyers, Opportunities for Law graduates, Legal Education in India, Liberalization of the Legal Profession, Women and the Legal Profession in India
Unit VI Legal Services
- Legal background – Free Legal Aid under Criminal law, Legal Aid by the State, Legal Aid under the Indian Constitution, NALSARegulations, 2010 ii. Criteria for giving free Legal Services iii. Lok Adalats iv. Legal Aid in Context of Social Justice and Human Rights
Unit VII International Context
- Introduction to International Law ii. Sources of International Law – Treaties, Customs andICJ Decisions iii. International Institutions, International Human Rights iv. Customary International Law v. International law & Municipal Law vi. International Law & India vii. Dispute Resolution – ICJ, ICC and Other Dispute Resolution Mechanisms
Unit VIII Legal Maxims Important Legal Maxims. Meaning with illustrations of the following: –
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea – Ad valorem – Amicus Curiae – Audi alterem partum – Assentio Mentium – Bona fide – Bona Vacantia – Caveat Emptor – Corpus Delicto – Damnum Sine Injuria – De Die in Diem – De Minimis Lex Non Curat – Doli Incapax – Ejusdem Generis – Ex Post Facto – Ignorantia Facti Excusat – IgnorantiaJuris Non Excusat – Injuria Sine Damnum – Locus Standi – Nemo Debet Esse Judex in Propria SuaCausa – Nemo debt non quad habit – Noscitur a Sociis – Obiter Dicta – Pari Materia – Per Incuriam – Qui Facit Per Alium, Facit Per Se – Quid pro quo – Ratio Decidendi – Res ipsa loquitur – Res Judicata Accipitur Pro Veritate – Salus Populi Est Suprema Lex – Stare Decisis – Ubi Jus Ibi Remedium
Download the CUET Legal Studies Syllabus PDF here.
CUET Legal Studies Syllabus – FAQs
CUET is the Central Universities Entrance Test
The last date to apply for the CUET Examination is 6 May 2022.
A total of 50 questions will be asked in the paper out of which 40 must be attempted by the candidates.
The selection procedure for the CUET Examination is a written examination and an interview
A total of 8 units are there.