Arogya Lakshmi Scheme – Check the Details
Numerous women throughout the nation experience malnutrition during pregnancy, and scientific data confirms that after two to three years, the effects of malnutrition are irreversible. Therefore, the government implements a variety of programs for pregnant and nursing mothers in an effort to prevent malnutrition. The Arogya Lakshmi Scheme is one such initiative that the Telangana government launched, Women who are pregnant or nursing will receive balanced meals through this program.
About Arogya Lakshmi Scheme
The Arogya Lakshmi Scheme has been introduced by the Telangana government. The Anganwadi center offers pregnant and nursing women one complete meal as well as iron and folic acid medicine as part of this program. This plan ensures that the meal will be distributed specifically. This program was introduced by the Telangana government on January 1st, 2013. The state’s 4076 compact Anganwadi centers and 31897 primary Anganwadi centers will implement this program. For at least 25 days, dal, rice with leafy green vegetables or sambhar, boiled eggs, and 200 ml of milk will make up one complete meal. Also, newborns between the ages of six months and three years will receive a 2.5 kg food package each month in addition to 16 eggs. For children between the ages of three and six, one egg per day is provided in addition to rice, dal, vegetables, and snacks. The malnutrition and anemia situations between pregnant and lactating women and children will be reduced under this plan; these conditions have been identified as the causes of the state’s low birth rate of healthy babies. At the Anganwadi centers, plans will be made for children and women to receive health examinations and immunizations.
Read also Doctors day in India 2022 here!
The objective of the Arogya Lakshmi Scheme
The primary objective of the program is to protect pregnant and nursing women from malnutrition. To ensure good health, this program offers pregnant and nursing women one proper meal at the Anganwadi Center. The following key goals are anticipated to be met through the effective implementation of the Scheme:-
- Improve the nutritional value and acceptability of supplemental food for pregnant and nursing women.
- Make sure that the pregnant and nursing women consume the food provided rather than the entire family.
- Assure that the pregnant and nursing women take 90 or more IFA tablets daily.
- increase the number of mothers enrolled in Anganwadi Centers (AWCs).
- Reduce or eliminate the amount of pregnant and nursing women who are anemic or undernourished.
- Reduce the number of preterm births and child malnutrition.
- Make sure to get vaccinations and health checks for women who are pregnant or nursing.
- Reduce the prevalence of maternal and infant mortality
Benefits of the Arogya Lakshmi Scheme
- Through this program, the low fertility rate and infant and young child mortality will be reduced.
- At the Anganwadi center, pregnant and nursing women receive one complete meal as well as iron and folic acid supplements.
- With the help of this plan, spot meal feeding is ensured.
- This meal will provide 40 to 45 percent of the recommended daily calories, as well as 40 to 45 percent of the calcium and protein requirements.
- This program will stop malnutrition in expectant and nursing mothers.
- A complete meal working group will be established to carry out this plan.
Check Sabka Vikas Maha Quiz here!
How to apply for Arogya Lakshmi Scheme?
In order to apply for this, You need to follow the steps below:
- Visit the Telangana government’s Department of Women Development and Child Welfare’s official website first.
- Before you, the webpage will load.
- You must select “Apply under Arogya Lakshmi Scheme” from the homepage.
- A form for applications will appear before you.
- You must fill out this application form with all necessary information before uploading all necessary documents.
- After that, you must select “submit.”
- By doing this, you can submit an application for the Arogya Lakshmi program.
The steps for applying for the Arogya Lakshmi Program through an Anganwadi Center
- Visit the neighborhood Anganwadi facility.
- Request a copy of the Arogya Lakshmi application form.
- Fill out this application form with all the necessary information.
- Attach the application form and all necessary supporting documents.
- Immediately turn in this form to the Anganwadi center.
FAQs on Arogya Lakshmi Scheme in Telangana
This program was introduced by the Telangana government on January 1st, 2015
The Telangana state government has introduced the Arogya Lakshmi program specifically for expectant and nursing mothers to prevent malnutrition. Every woman and child in the state is guaranteed to receive the necessary nutrition on a regular basis under the program.
In order to apply for this program one needs to have Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Age Verification, Income Verification, and Passport Size Photo, these all documents are required.
In order to apply for this program, one must be a permanent Telangana resident in order to benefit from the Arogya Lakshmi Scheme, and also the applicant must be pregnant or nursing
A full meal will be provided to expectant and nursing women for at least 25 days, thirty eggs in a month, for 25 days, 200ml of milk, and curd, rice, and dal for the following 5 days. In addition, 90+ IFA tablets will be given to the women. Children under 3 years old will receive 16 eggs, and children aged three to six years will receive 30 eggs each month.