Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana – Know Eligibility, Registration, Benefits
Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana (ABRY) is an initiative of the central government of India to boost employment in the formal sector and incentivize the opportunities for the creation of new employment during the Covid recovery phase. It was first launched in October 2020. It has now come up with Atmanirbhar Bharat package 3.0. The scheme is operational for the period 2020-2023.
- Maharashtra has topped the list of states with a maximum number of beneficiaries enrolled in Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana scheme.
- Tamil Nadu and Gujrat have ranked 2nd and 3rd respectively.
- Under this scheme, the Government of India will provide subsidy for 24 months.
- Atmanirbhra Bharat Rojgar Yojana Overview
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana Objective
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana Eligibility
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana Registration procedure
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana Benefits
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana FAQs
Atmanirbhra Bharat Rojgar Yojana Overview
Let’s start with the overview of the scheme first. It will help you to have a basic understanding of ABRY scheme.
|Name of the Scheme||Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana (ABRY)|
|Launch Date||October 2022|
|Concerned Ministry||Ministry of Labour and Employment|
|Amount Reimbursed||Rs.- 6540.32 Cr (As of 13.08.2022)|
|Establishment Benefited||1,50,441 (As of 13.08.2022)|
|No. of Beneficiaries||59,77,679 (As of 13.08.2022)|
Read about Differences Between Biomass And Biogas here.
Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana Objective
Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana was launched at a very crucial time. It was when India was recovering from the wave of deadly Covid-19. So let’s have a look at the objectives of the scheme.
- The main objective of the Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana was to incentivize the employers for the generation of new employment.
- Support the new employees who are entering the organized sector with a monthly wage of less than Rs.15000/-.
- Re-employ the person who lost their jobs during covid 19 pandemic.
Get details about NCDC Recruitment 2022 here.
Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana Eligibility
The government has set a number of criteria for the beneficiaries as well as establishments to avail the benefits determined under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana Scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for beneficiaries
Beneficiaries must check their eligibility before applying under the scheme.
- An employee drawing monthly wage of less than Rs. 15000/- working in an EPFO registered organization.
- Employees who have left their jobs between 1st March 2020 to 30th September 2020 and joined in any establishment between 1st October 2020 and 31st March 2022.
- The government is to credit the incentive in the UANs of the employees.
Eligibility Criteria for Establishments
The noted criteria are for the EPFO registered establishments that added new employees in September.
- Organizations, with less than 50 employees need to add a minimum of two employees
- Establishments, with more than 50 employees need to add a minimum of five employees.
Know about AAI Junior Assistant Fire Service Recruitment 2022 here.
Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana Registration procedure
To implement Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana, a detailed step-by-step procedure is listed down below.
- The employer has to go to the “employer’s portal” on EPFO Unified Portal.
- The employer has to update form 5A.
- In the portal, the employer needs to register for Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana.
- Before registering an employee under the “new employee” tab, the employee has to check all the previous information of the employee.
- The employer needs to confirm if the employee already has a membership.
- Then the employer needs to file one Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) for all the employees including the new ones.
- Any revision or modification in the ECR on a future date is not allowed.
- Therefore the establishments and the employers are liable for claiming benefits under Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana.
Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana Benefits
The benefits of Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana Scheme (ABRY) are mentioned here.
- The government will provide subsidy for provident fund contribution to the organizations which employ new employees.
- The establishments with less than 1000 employees will receive employee’s contribution (12% of wages) & employer’s contributions (12% of wages) for two years.
- The establishments with more than 1000 employees will get employees’ contribution of 12% alone for two years.
Aatmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana FAQs
The scheme is valid for two years.
It comes under the Ministry of Labour & Employment.
It was launched in November 2020.
The focus was to boost employment in the formal sector and create new employment opportunities.
Maharashtra has topped the list followed by Tamil Nadu and Gujrat.