Sub Inspector Selection Process In TamilNadu: Check Details For Written Exam, PST/PET Etc!
The Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board (TNUSRB) will be holding the Tamilnadu Police SI (Sub Inspector) Exam 2023 in the near future. To find qualified applicants for the job of Sub Inspector in the Tamil Nadu Police Department, an exam is organized.
In the first half of 2023, the recruitment procedure for the Tamilnadu Police SI Sub Inspector Exam 2023 is anticipated to start. Candidates who meet the requirements can apply for the exam on TNUSRB’s official website. It is anticipated that there would be several stages for the Sub Inspector Selection Process In TamilNadu, including a written exam, physical measurement test (PMT), physical efficiency test (PET), and a final interview.
Sub Inspector Selection Process In TamilNadu Police Department 2023
The SI selection process in TamilNadu basically includes three stages and it is compulsory for each and every candidate to pass all three stages in order to get selected for the Sub Inspector post in the Tamil Nadu Police Department. The three stages are as follows:
Stage 1: Written Examination
Stage 2: PST/PET And Endurance Test
Stage 3: Final Interview or Viva-Voice
Stage 1: Written Examination
This is the first stage of the selection process. The details of the written examination are given below.
- The written test consists of 140 questions and is an objective test with a time limit of three hours. There are two sections to the questions: Part A and Part B. There are 80 questions in Part A covering general knowledge, general science, Indian history, economics, politics, geography, and current events.
- 60 questions make up Part B, which includes sections on communication skills, psychology, logical analysis, and other topics.
- For open candidates, the written exam carries 70 marks, whereas departmental candidates receive 85 marks.
Stage 2: PST/PET & Endurance Test
This is the second stage of SI selection process in TamilNadu Police department. In this stage Physical Standard Test, Endurance Test and Physical Efficiency Test are conducted.
Physical Standard Test
This test measures the height and chest measurements of the candidates. The measurement standards are given below in the table.
Women & Transgender
OC, BC, BC(M) MBC/DNC
SC, SC (A), ST
Chest Measurement (for Men only)
Expansion in full inspiration
5 cms (81 cms to 86 cms)
Ex-servicemen/Ex.CPMF / Serving persons
who are going to retire within one year
Exempted from Physical Measurement Test
- The Physical Measurement Test has a qualifying nature. The Physical Measurement Test will determine whether candidates are qualified to take the Endurance Test.
- 20% of Departmental Quota candidates are exempt from the physical measurement test.
After clearing Physical Standard Test, an endurance test will be conducted. Details for this test have been mentioned in the table below.
Running of 1500 meters in 7 minutes
Running of 400 meters in 2 minutes 30 seconds
Ex-servicemen / Ex-personnel of Central Para-Military Forces/ serving persons who are going to retire within one year
Running of 1500 meters in 8 minutes
- Only those applicants who pass the endurance test will be permitted to take the physical efficiency test.
Physical Efficiency Test
After clearing PST and Endurance Test, physical efficiency test is conducted. Check the details of the test in the table below.
1 Star (2 Marks)
2 Stars (5 Marks)
Long Jump or High Jump
100 meters run
400 meters run
100 m run
400 m run
- 20% of applicants who meet the Departmental Quota are exempt from the TNUSRB Sub-Inspector physical examination.
- A candidate may appeal to the Sub-Committee Chairman for a remeasurement of height or chest if they are dissatisfied with their measurement in the TNUSRB SI physical test.
- All male candidates will need to climb ropes. They should only climb with their hands. Any climber who uses their legs or body to support themselves will be disqualified. Rope climbing will only be offered to candidates once.
- Only the long jump and high jump competitions will get two chances. The opportunity with the highest rating will be given qualification consideration.
- Candidates will only get one chance to compete in the 100- and 400-meter runs.
Stage 3: Final Interview Round/Viva-Voice
Candidates who pass the preceding exams and rounds are eligible to participate in the TNUSRB SI interview round. The candidate’s communication skills will be examined during the interview process. In addition, all departmental and open candidates will receive 10 marks in the interview round.