COVID 19 pandemic that had threatened us in the year 2020 is rising again. India saw a 90% increase in the daily cases. The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare mentioned a total of 1,274 new Covid-19 cases in the 24 hours ending at 8 a.m. on 19 April 2022, with one fatality. On the same day, 632 new Covid cases were reported in Delhi.
Latest Coronavirus News Important Points
- On April 22, the death toll climbed to 5,22,116 with 54 fresh fatalities
- The fine for not wearing masks will not be applicable to persons traveling together in private four-wheeler vehicles
- Covid-19 is three times more lethal than influenza
- On April 22, an increase of 808 cases has been recorded in the active Covid-19 caseload in a span of 24 hours.
Timeline of Coronavirus Disease in India
Coronavirus disease has taken a lot of different phases in India. We are currently on the verge of a fourth COVID wave. Let us take a look at the timeline of Coronavirus in India.
- 30 January 2020- First Cases of COVID in three towns of Kerala
- 23 March 2020- Lockdown in Kerala
- 25 March 2020- Lockdown in India
- October 2020- Pandemic peaked in India
- April 2021- the second wave of infections
- Late May 2021- drop in the number of cases
- 4 October 2021- 10 days mandatory quarantine for travelers from the UK
- April 2022- COVID cases rise again
Symptoms of Omicron COVID Variant
If you are suspicious of a COVID infection, look for the following symptoms.
|Most Common||FeverCoughTirednessLoss of Taste or Smell|
|Less Common||Sore throatHeadacheAchesPainsDiarrhoeaRash on skinDIscolouration of fingers or toesRed or irritated eyes|
|Serious||Shortness of breath/Difficulty in breathingLoss of speech or mobilityConfusion or chest pain|
Precautions for Coronavirus Disease
- Maintain physical distancing (at least 1 meter)
- Wear a mask in public, especially indoors or when physical distancing is not possible.
- Prefer to be in open, well-ventilated spaces. Keep the windows of your homes open.
- Clean your hands often. Use soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Get vaccinated when it’s your turn. Follow local guidance about vaccination.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
We hope you are safe in these times. Take care of your health. Follow the COVID guidelines and encourage others to do the same.
Latest Coronavirus News FAQs
The most common symptoms of the COVID Omicron variant include fever, cough, sore throat, aches, diarrhea, shortness of breath, etc.
Take precautions like wearing masks, following physical distancing, and washing hands frequently.
The first case of COVID-19 was reported in Kerala.
According to the Karnataka Health Minister K Sudhakar, India is on the verge of having a fourth wave of COVID.
You can use the regular cleaning products at home for COVID-19.