Kerala Postal Recruitment- Apply Online for 2203 Vacancies
Kerala Postal Recruitment 2022: Kerala Postal Released the Notification of Recruitment for the posts of Postman, Mail Guard, MTS and GDS, Competitive Exam syllabus pdf, paper-I/ II pattern and complete Details of the Kerala Postal Exam: After passing the 10th grade, all interested applicants must pass either paper 1 or paper 2 of the Kerala Postal Exam. Every aspirant must understand how to prepare for the Competitive test and pass it on the first try. As per the latest release of notification at Kerala postal official website, Department of post announced the huge recruitment offline form submission begins from 4, October 2022 and closing of form submission on 25, October 2022.
Note:- The application form for post office recruiting cannot be submitted online. All candidates are encouraged to monitor the official website for updates on the announcement and to complete the form on or before the deadline.
- Kerala Postal Circle Exam 2022 Summary
- Educational And Other Qualification Required
- Eligibility in Sports for the Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant/ Postman/ Mail Guard/MTS Position
- Kerala Postal MTS GDS Exam Pattern 2022
- Kerala Postal Circle Exam Syllabus 2022
- Kerala Postal Minimum Qualifying Marks 2022
- Scale of Pay
- Method Of Selection
- Kerala Postal Recruitment FAQs
Kerala Postal Circle Exam 2022 Summary
Following are the mentioned overview of Kerala Post office Limited departmental competitive examination (LDC Exam 2022), Competitive examination limited.
|Posts offered||PM, MG, MTS, and GDS (Postmaster, Mail Guard, and GDS) are all abbreviations for Postmaster.|
|Exam Name||LDCE 2022 & Competitive examination limited|
|Application Start Date||2nd May 2022|
|Last date to apply||5th June 2022|
|Exam Date||(To be announced)|
|Paper 1, 2 Language||Hindi, English, Local Language|
|Exam Timing||Paper 1: (To be announced)Paper 2: (To be announced)|
|Exam Centre||Circle Headquarters/ region only|
|Selection Process||Paper I, Paper-II, Paper III|
On the basis of Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper III, all candidates will be appointed for Postman and Mail Guard positions.All three papers will be given on the same day, and those who pass all three will be hired for post office employment. After the test, the final merit list will be released.
Know the detailed process to download your Kerala Postal Admit Card here.
Educational And Other Qualification Required
The minimum requirements are as follows.
(i) For Postal/ Sorting Assistant:-
- a) Candidates who have completed at least the 12th grade or an equivalent qualification from a recognised board or university.
- b) Before receiving an appointment letter, candidates must provide a basic computer training certificate for at least 60 days from a recognised computer training facility. Certificates of computer training from the federal government, state governments, universities, boards, and other organisations will also suffice. This requirement for a basic computer knowledge certificate may be waived in circumstances when a candidate has studied computer as a topic in matriculation, class XII, or a higher educational qualification, and a separate certificate will not be required in such cases.
- b) Sports qualification
(ii) For Postman/Mail Guard
- a) A pass in the 12th standard from a recognised board is required.
- b) Understanding of the native tongue, MALAYALAM. The candidate must have completed at least 10th grade in the local language, MALAYALAM.
- c) Before receiving an appointment letter, candidates must provide a basic computer training certificate for at least 60 days from a recognised computer training facility. Computer training certifications from the federal government, state governments, universities, boards, and other organisations will also suffice. In circumstances when a candidate has studied computer as a topic in matriculation, class XII, or higher educational degree, the necessity for a basic computer knowledge certificate will be relaxed, and a separate certificate will not be required.
- d) Candidates should have a valid licence of two wheeler or Light Motor Vehicle. This is just for candidates who are applying for the position of Postman.
- e) Sports qualification
(iii) For Multi Tasking Staff
- a) A minimum of a passing grade in the tenth standard from a recognised board.
- b) Knowledge of local language i.e MALAYALAM. The candidate should have studied local language i.e MALAYALAM at least up to 10th Standard.
- c) Sports qualification.
Know how to download Kerala Postal Result here
Eligibility in Sports for the Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant/ Postman/ Mail Guard/MTS Position
For the purpose of sports quota recruitment, candidates possessing the following qualifications would be considered worthy.
- a) Athletes who have competed for a State or Country at the national or international level in the sports/games listed below.
- b) Athletes that have competed for their university in the Inter University Sports Board’s Inter University Tournaments in the sports/games listed below.
- c) Sportsmen who have competed for the State School teams in the All India School Games Federation’s National Sports/Games for Schools in the Sports/Games listed below.
- d) Athletes that have received National Physical Efficiency Awards as part of the National Physical Efficiency Drive.
Kerala Postal MTS GDS Exam Pattern 2022
For MTS and Competitive Examination, the Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE 2022) will be held. GDS will hold a restricted test for the positions of Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS), Postman, Mail Guard, GDS (Gramin dak Sevak) Postal Assistant, and Sorting Assistant.
Merit list will be determined based on Paper-1 marks and Paper 2/ Paper 3 exam just for qualifying, hence paper 2 and paper 2 marks will not be included to the merit list.
|Paper Name||Competitive or Qualifying||Total No of Marks/ Questions||Time Duration|
|Paper-I (MCQ)||Competitive||Part A: 100 Marks (50 Questions)|
Part B: 50 Marks (25 Questions)
|Paper-II (MCQ + Subjective)||Qualifying||50 Marks (25 Questions)||60 Minutes|
|Paper-III (Data Entry Skill test) on Computer||Qualifying||25 Marks||15 Minutes|
Kerala Postal Circle Exam Syllabus 2022
Kerala Postal Department releases posts wise and paper wise syllabus that aspirants can directly download pdf from official website. Aspirants can download the Kerala Postal circle pdf and check out the complete Paper 1 MCQ Exam topics, Paper 2 MCS and Subjective type questions syllabus that help to do preparation according to topics.
Following are the syllabus as mentioned:-
PAPER-1 (90 Minutes)
Maximum marks for this paper will be 100 . The syllabus is as follows.weightage is as follows.
a)Organisation of the Department.b)Type Of Post Office.c)Business Hoursd)Payment of postage,stamp and stationery.e)General guidelines for [packing, sealing, and mailing, as well as the method of applying postage stamps.f)Methods of address.g)Post boxes and post bagsh)Delivery of mail.i)Refusal of articles.j)Payment of eMoney order.k)Redirectionl)instruction regarding address change.m)Articles addressed to deceased persons.n)Liability to detention to certain mails.o)Facilities provided by postmen in rural areas.p)Products and Services:Mails,Banking & Remittance,Insurance, Stamps and Business.q)Prohibited articles.
a)Head, Sub and Branch Offices, Mail Bags, Face and Facing, Beat, Camp Correspondence, Late Lettersand too late letters,Mis-sent and Mis-directed articles.
a)Head Postmanb)Knowledge of Postal Business.c)Supply of Forms to be carried outd)Sale of Stampse)Postman’s Bookf)Address to be noted on Postal Articlesg)Damaged articles to be noticedh)Receipts for articles issued for deliveryi)Book of receipts for the transmission of intimations and notificationsj)Instruction for deliveryk)Realization of postage before deliveryl)Receipts of addresses for registeredm)Delivery to illiterate addressees,Pardanashin womenn)Delivery of insured articles addressed to minorso)Payment of e-Money ordersp)e-Money Orders addressed to minorsq)Payment of electronic money orders (e-MOs) and delivery of registered mail to lunaticsr)Duties of Village Postman.
a)Stamps and Sealsb)Portfolio and its contentsc)Stationeryd)Preparation of daily reporte)Mail Abstractf)Exchange of Mailsg)Cage TBh)Mail addressed to a sector or a mail office is disposed of.i)Closing of transit bagsj)Duties and responsibilities of Mail Guards/Agentk)Final duties before quitting van or officel)’A” orders and ‘B’ orders
Maximum marks for this part will be 50. The marks weightage is as follows.
Topics to be covered (one to three questions per topic):
d)Indian culture & freedom struggle
e)Ethics and moral study
Basic Arithmetic Topics to be discussed
(1–2 questions per topic)
a)BODMAS(brackets, orders, divisions, multiplication, addition, subtraction)
c)profit and loss
f)Time and Distance
g)Time and Work
|Reasoning and Analytical Ability (Non verbal/Pictorial)||5 question|
Maximum marks for this paper will be 50. The marks weightage is as follows.
|Words are translated from English into the native tongue (Multiple choice question)||15 questions of 1 marks each|
|Words are translated from the native tongue into English (Multiple choice question)||15 question of 1 marks each|
|Letter writing in local language in 40 to 50 words(1 question to be attempt out of 3 questions)||10 marks|
|40 to 50 word paragraph/short essay in local language (1 question to be attempted out of 3 options)||10 marks|
|Maximum marks-25[Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)]||Skill test of data entry for 15 minutes on computer on the same day.[Data entry of 1000 key depression(+-5%)||25 marks|
Kerala Postal Minimum Qualifying Marks 2022
If aspirants are preparing for Kerala GDS, MTS, Postman, Postmaster and Mail guard exam 2022 then,aspirants need to keep in mind what is the minimum marks or percentage that aspirants need to qualify for Post office jobs. According to the latest notification, Qualifying marks categories under Category and Paper wise. Here is complete Cut off details that any applicant have to get qualify for any further recruitment process:
- For SC/ST- 33% in each paper
- For OBC- 37% in each paper
- For others – 40% in each paper
Scale of Pay
Check the salary for each post in the table given below.
|Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant||According to the pay matrix given in Part A of the schedule of the Central Civil Service(Revised pay) Rules 2016, level 4 pay ranges from Rs 25,500 to Rs 81,100 including permissible allowances. [Rs 5200-20200 (Pay band-I) + Rs 2400/- Grade pay plus allowances as per pre-revised scale]|
|Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant||Level 3 pay ranges from Rs 21,700 to Rs 69,100, including allowable allowances, as per the pay matrix given in Part A of the schedule of the Central Civil Service(Revised pay) Rules 2016. [Rs 5200-20200 (Pay band-I) + Rs 2000/- Grade pay + permissible allowances as per pre-revised scale]|
|Multi Tasking Staff (MTS)||In level 1, the pay matrix specified in Part A of the schedule of the Central Civil Service(Revised pay) Rules 2016 including allowable allowances ranges from Rs 18,000 to Rs 56,900. [Rs 5200-20200 (Pay band-I) + Rs 1800/- Grade pay plus applicable allowances based on pre-revised scale)]|
Method Of Selection
Candidates will be chosen based on their educational and athletic qualifications, as well as their ability to meet other requirements. The primary goal of developing excellent athletes is to develop the best squad of athletes who can bring laurels to the Circle in All India and other contests in addition to their best performance in official duty. With this in mind, only the most qualified and fit candidates will be evaluated. Selected applicants would be required to participate in the circle team during All India Postal Tournaments for the department’s stated years.
- First Preference: Candidates who have represented the country in an INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION and have received clearance from the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports will be given first priority.
- Second Preference: Those who have represented a State/UT in SENIOR OR JUNIOR LEVEL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS organised by a National Sports Federation recognised by the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports or National Games organised by the Indian Olympics Association and have won medals or positions up to third place will be given second preference. Candidates who have competed in and won medals in Senior National Championships/ Games should be given preference over those who have competed in and won medals in Junior National Championships.
iii. Third Priority: Those who have represented a university in an INTER UNIVERSITY COMPETITION organised by the Association of Indian Universities/Inter University Sports Board and have won medals or placed in the finals up to third place will be given third preference.
- Fourth Preference: Those who have represented the state schools in the All India School Games Federation’s NATIONAL SPORTS/ GAMES FOR SCHOOLS and have won medals or placed up to third place in finals will be given first priority.
v.Fifth Preference: Those who have received a National Award in Physical Efficiency as part of the National Physical Efficiency Drive will be given first priority.
- Sixth Preference: Those who represented a State/Union Territory/University/State School team at the level stated in categories (ii) to (iv) but did not win a medal or place in the same order of priority would be given next preference.
Note 1: Only in the event of a tie, those who have achieved a higher place or won more than one medal will be given preference, or according to the rules in effect.
Note 2: Individual and team participation in events/items may be awarded equal weight.
Note 3: Winning more than one medal / place will not be given preference.
Note 4: If there is any uncertainty concerning the tournament’s status, the Department of Personnel and Training will determine in cooperation with the Department of Sports and Youth Affairs.
Note 5: The competent authority’s decision, which is the Chief Postmaster General, Kerala Circle, Thiruvananthapuram, would be final and binding.
Kerala Postal Recruitment FAQs
As per the notification, to be announced soon.
Candidates can submit the offline application forms for GDS, MTS, Mail Guard and postman exam 2022 on or before 5th, June 2022.
Yes, Kerala postal department released a complete syllabus pdf with the recruitment notification that aspirants can directly download from the official website.
Application fees for Kerala post office Recruitment is 100.
Candidates can download the application form from official website or they can click on the direct link to download Kerala Post Office Recruitment 2022 application form provided in the above article.